XSCAPE ad played at NY Times Square!

I would assume that the cost of such an ad is enormous and I hardly think
that companies would spend money for it if the ads get no notes from the public.

I agree with you and here are a few interesting links about advertising on TQ
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-advertise-in-times-square-2012-12

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marketshare/2011/02/16/how-to-make-or-break-an-ad-in-times-square/

PS, @Electro, it is not just a fans who sees to ads unless you consider most of the people walking by as Michael's fans:nana:

PS, @Electro, it is not just a fans who sees to ads unless you consider most of the people walking by as Michael's fans:nana:

Of course in theorie people "see" everything on those monitors. The question is how conscious they see it. Today everyone is bombarded with ads and stuff everywhere. If this is on a constant level, the brain tends to filter it out to some degree, focusing on subjectively important things (Like the road under your feet for example ...if you didn't spent the last week looking at the Xscape cover).

Without looking again, do you remember any of the other pictures / ads displayed next to Michael? No? See what i mean? :)

Anyway, again.. it's great to have it displayed on such a famous place. Just trying to see it realistic.

Last edited:
Electro;3979755 said:
Does anyone walking by there bother whats on those screens anyway?
It's probably only the fans who really see it. :)

Electro;3980294 said:
Of course in theorie people "see" everything on those monitors. The question is how conscious they see it. Today everyone is bombarded with ads and stuff everywhere. If this is on a constant level, the brain tends to filter it out to some degree, focusing on subjectively important things (Like the road under your feet for example ...if you didn't spent the last week looking at the Xscape cover).

Without looking again, do you remember any of the other pictures / ads displayed next to Michael? No? See what i mean? :)

Anyway, again.. it's great to have it displayed on such a famous place. Just trying to see it realistic.

Agreed with both posts. My friend went a second night and did not see it. I told them to wait until May. I am not saying it is not there however, I have not seen it for myself and I am trying to find other photos of it online.

Assuming it is there, why would it not have Michael’s name and the date of release? As you said, much monies are involved. Why waste monies with a blank background with Michael and the words Xscape and 21st Century Fox above his head as if it has meaning to others?

I do not know if this is authentic however, I saw this online and it is more sensible for me.

BkqtYYfCIAA_A2V.jpg

Well, for me that means it will be the untouched song version we knew for years!

Are you even up to date with the whole project?

The streamed link is the LEAKED file, not a rip from the CD.

The XSCAPE album contains new mixes of the song + the original demos. This isn't a leak from the album. This is the version we had for years.

BkqtYYfCIAA_A2V.jpg

Bk9Ra3tCIAEGn28.jpg

both pretty obviously fake, if you ask me...

The first one? At least it had Michael's name and sale date for the cd but, if someone in that area cannot confirm it, I agree with you.

The second one? Unless this is a semi-professional photographer, yes, I agree it is fake.

I simply do not understand why there is only one picture of the ad in New York, U.S. when there should be so many pictures of these ads from fans in those areas.

I work with photoshop on a professional basis, so i kind of have an eye for fakes. They are not the worst fakes i've seen, but still not convincing to me. If these were real, the image of Michael would look different (colors, lightning, saturation, resolution etc). It just looks too much copy&paste.

Also if something as HUGE as this really exists, every fan seeing this would make more than just one photo.

Last edited:
Back