Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Kikuchiyo;4011924 said:
YOUR TOP 15: Coldplay is set to score a big #1 bow next week, while country baller Brantley Gilbert eyes a substantial debut of his own. Here’s how it looks headed into the weekend:

*Coldplay (Parlophone) 360-380k
*Brantley Gilbert (Valory) 200-220k
Michael Jackson (Epic) 80-85k
Frozen (Walt Disney) 60-65k
Now 50 (NOW) 50-55k
The Black Keys (Nonesuch/Warner Bros.) 45-50k
*Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 35-40k
*The Fault In Our Stars (Atlantic) 30-35k
Rascal Flatts (Big Machine) 21-24k
Iggy Azalea (Grand Hustle/Def Jam) 19-22k
OneRepublic (Interscope) 18-20k
*The Roots (Def Jam) 15-17k
Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 15-17k
Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 15-17k
Lorde (Lava/Republic) 13-15k
Pharrell Williams (Columbia) 13-15k

*Debuts

In honor of next week's holiday, we're already phoning it in.

Source: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

That's pretty good IMO. Only two new releases got ahead of him. And the Black Keys fell off more places than Xscape. :p

Interestingly, The Black Keys still doing well on itunes, and "Xscape" slightly decreased which means (I presume) that ratio physical vs. digital for "Xscape" increased even more in favor of physical copies. :)

Kikuchiyo;4011924 said:
YOUR TOP 15: Coldplay is set to score a big #1 bow next week, while country baller Brantley Gilbert eyes a substantial debut of his own. Here’s how it looks headed into the weekend:

*Coldplay (Parlophone) 360-380k
*Brantley Gilbert (Valory) 200-220k
Michael Jackson (Epic) 80-85k
Frozen (Walt Disney) 60-65k
Now 50 (NOW) 50-55k
The Black Keys (Nonesuch/Warner Bros.) 45-50k
*Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 35-40k
*The Fault In Our Stars (Atlantic) 30-35k
Rascal Flatts (Big Machine) 21-24k
Iggy Azalea (Grand Hustle/Def Jam) 19-22k
OneRepublic (Interscope) 18-20k
*The Roots (Def Jam) 15-17k
Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 15-17k
Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 15-17k
Lorde (Lava/Republic) 13-15k
Pharrell Williams (Columbia) 13-15k

*Debuts

In honor of next week's holiday, we're already phoning it in.

Source: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Awww....so the Black Keyed couldn't do better than sixth place? tsk tsk.

Anyhoo, so happy to see MJ still hanging on there with Xscape. We may not have gotten a #1 album but I would appreciate longevity on the charts more than anything.

I believe sales are going to be solid for the next couple of weeks until they drop another great PR bomb. Xscape is going to have a long-term relationship with the charts, it's not always gonna THE best seller, but it's there to stay. :)

oh I am so proud of michael. he is still going heavy. I wanted michael to be number 1, but I wouldn't have minded him losing it to cold play. i hate that he lost it to the black keys. I'm slowly, but surely getting over it. It still stings a little though.

If i'm not mistaken. wasn't michael a fan of cold play? or maybe I'm thinking of anoter band.

Like I said before, it doesn't piss me off Coldplay leading the charts but at the same time it puzzles me how they're so popular. Nothing against them but they bore me.

I didn't want to think about that sad date but people are gonna talk about it and it may bring additional sales to Xscape.

MJ always deserves #1. This is sad. Where are his US fans? :(

The US chewed him up and spit him up after 93 and the allegations. This country where I live is very judgmental and hypocritical imo. To not give their native son the benefit of a chance is unforgivable. That is why Michael never toured in the U.S. since then. They did not want him here.
It is a very sad commentary about this country but true imo. Sure in 2009 ppl here embraced him only for the nostalgia, but I believe they simply don't believe posthumous albums or music are legit when the artist is not here anymore.

I really believe this album is truly amazing. It doesn't feel like a posthumous album. It is so sublime. I am totally enjoying it. If only ppl would give it a chance. Great music sells and this is amazing music.

In a positive note, the US. though the biggest market, is NOT the only country in the world. The U.K which is the second biggest market has always supported Michael and is still supporting him as Xscape became Michael's #10 No. 1 album. And I believe Xscape has also reached No. 1 in 52 countries. Michael will and will always be a global icon. I hate this country of mine. :(The U.S. left him a long time ago. Sadly.

That's an amazing second week. MJ still in the top 3 in both US and UK (while the Rusty Keys out the top 5). Great!

Oh please, don't be overdramatic. Some of you act like being #2 with a posthumus album is such a tragedy.

Pharrell's latest album:

Xscape surpassed Pharrell's latest album on both charts.

It's just MJ fans being overdramatic here beuause Xscape didn't become #1. Its sales are not bad at all, even compared to many current artists.

Thank you Respect for putting it in perspective. I know I just posted a rant about the U.S. because I am so disappointed, but to have a posthumous album do so well is pretty great. Especially all around the globe. Sometimes I forget this is a posthumous album without the artist being here because Michael for us is eternal. But I don't think these types of albums ever do that well do they? So in truth it is doing better than expected. I'll keep my chin up and stay positive. All I know is that this album is real quality - really good quality- we just need to spread the WORD as fans.

The US chewed him up and spit him up after 93 and the allegations. This country where I live is very judgmental and hypocritical imo. To not give their native son the benefit of a chance is unforgivable. That is why Michael never toured in the U.S. since then. They did not want him here.
It is a very sad commentary about this country but true imo. Sure in 2009 ppl here embraced him only for the nostalgia, but I believe they simply don't believe posthumous albums or music are legit when the artist is not here anymore.

I really believe this album is truly amazing. It doesn't feel like a posthumous album. It is so sublime. I am totally enjoying it. If only ppl would give it a chance. Great music sells and this is amazing music.

In a positive note, the US. though the biggest market, is NOT the only country in the world. The U.K which is the second biggest market has always supported Michael and is still supporting him as Xscape became Michael's #10 No. 1 album. And I believe Xscape has also reached No. 1 in 52 countries. Michael will and will always be a global icon. I hate this country of mine. :(The U.S. left him a long time ago. Sadly.

Sadly, but true. I live in the US too and generally they focus too much of what went on in the past. Michael's not the first one who went through this. Look at Tina Turner. I always love entertainers who think outside the box.

The "Xscape" album is the best posthumous release yet.

[

Yes, I agree and with the tour thing I don't know why he didn't tour the US after the Bad Tour. Yes, allegations... but he didn't even tour the US pre allegations on the Dangerous tour. Yes, Dangerous sold slightly less in the US than Bad but it was still a good seller, there was demand and a fan base there. And exactly touring the US could have added a couple of more million to the sales and make it surpass Bad.

For Dangerous he started in Europe and he was coming to U.S. but the allegations stopped all that. And after that Michael never toured the U.S. again.

we need another single released. what are they waiting on? I hope it's chicago, but it may be slave to the rhythm.

Oh I hope Slave because that song has been playing in my head together with the original APWNN & BG. I made the decision on Monday that I will no longer buy standard versions for gifts. I have been switching between contemporized and original songs and I think people should get a chance to hear the originals. I think buying only the standard deprives people from hearing the beauty of the originals, so no more standards for me.

What's the source for this 9000 bundle with ONE tickets? Do we have a reliable source for that?

Apparently Madonna's album price was included in the tickets price, that's why they counted them.

And that's why she debuted at #1 - the second week her album dropped like a rock and had the biggest percentage drop in history.

I really want to know what happened with the 9K albums. AND let's point out that even if an artist makes it to No. 1 it doesn't always help their sales or marketing, look at what happened to Madonna.

Paris78;4011856 said:
The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 42 Min.

Interesting how Sony acknowledged that Xscape is #1 in USA (on Hits). http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/michael-jackson-king-pop-top-world-xscape

To date Michael Jackson has sold 1 billion records worldwide and released 13 No. 1 singles in the USA http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/michael-jackson-king-pop-top-world-xscape

Michael Jackson is #1 on the Planet - Music News Nashville http://www.musicnewsnashville.com/michael-jackson-1-planet/

Thank you Paris this makes me feel so much better. :D

From MediaTraffic:

"Michael Jackson's effort 'Xscape' is the clear number one on next week's Global Album Chart, second highest debut comes from the Black Keys."

:dancin:

Catching up in this thread....

Was Billboard bombarded with emails? I thank everyone who has contacted Billboard.

Was Estate/Sony bombarded with emails? Their statement celebrates being number two? Not one word that addresses their unwise (and lazy) decision to freely distribute 9K Xscape copies?

Honestly, both Sony and the Estate did a lot to promote this album but they should have done whatever it takes to ensure this album debuted at number 1 in the US. This includes more banner ads, discounts, etc., they could have even used some of those old tricks that Tommy Mottola used with Mariah in terms of store placements and radio airplay. Having a number 1 album in the US is huge from a marketing standpoint. It gives them the opportunity to put that label on all of the re-issue store copies. It is much better to label "from the Number 1 album, including the top 10 hit...." Instead of "from the number 1 album in 49 countries...". The US public doesn't really care if the album debuted number 1 in Belgium, for example. I also wonder if they could have picked a better week with less competition. There have been many weeks recently where the number 1 album sold significantly less than this. Oh we'll. An opportunity missed

Agreed. I spoke with my U.S. friend. She said she heard LNFSG on a R/B radio format that she prefers but, did not see what she called "street promotion" for Xscape: billboards, ads on yellow taxi-cabs, mass transit buses, subways, etc.

It is so unfortunate because there is only one opportunity to debut at number one. I do not want to assume that Sony offices outside of U.S. are more adept at securing a number one spot for their artists than Sony office in the U.S. The routine steps to do so are not trade secrets and the rules of official charts are not secrets to these executives either.

If the U.S. is the biggest market that should be the region where Sony does their very best to get their artist the number one spot. It is simple laziness.

Hey guys, Xscape is still
Us
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2 in Music
Uk
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3 in Music
Germany
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 4 in Musik

WW album chart
2 = Michael Jackson - XSCAPE
Global iTunes artist ranking
2 = Michael Jackson

Xscape still to be on top, gives me a hope that it stays on top of the next weeks charts too :clapping:

Hey guys, Xscape is still
Us
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2 in Music
Uk
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3 in Music
Germany
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 4 in Musik

WW album chart
2 = Michael Jackson - XSCAPE
Global iTunes artist ranking
2 = Michael Jackson

Xscape still to be on top, gives me a hope that it stays on top of the next weeks charts too :clapping:

I think we have a chance to clearly beat the Black Keys on longevity. It seems to them it was just the anti-MJ campaign that get them attention and that couple of thousands extra more sales, but their album will fall off bigger than Xscape. Also Xscape will still be able to be carried by its singles. I don't see any Black Keys singles in the Hot 100.

I think the next single can wait some time. They should promote LNFSG further to make it number 1 and the sommer-hit worldwide.

I agree. LNFSG has not run its course yet. Many people are just beginning to learn about it. No need to rush a second single.

When talking about charts we also have to take into consideration what effect a release like Xscape has on MJ's back catalogue. Every time an artist releases something new it also makes his back catalogue sell better. This week we have four MJ albums on the Billbard Top 200 - actually all four in the Top 100:

2. Xscape
28. Number Ones
67. The Essential Michael Jackson
70. Thriller

On the catalog album chart:

1. Number Ones
2. Essential
4. Thriller

Fans who boycott Xscape should think about this effect as well!

When talking about charts we also have to take into consideration what effect a release like Xscape has on MJ's back catalogue. Every time an artist releases something new it also makes his back catalogue sell better. This week we have four MJ albums on the Billbard Top 200 - actually all four in the Top 100:

2. Xscape
28. Number Ones
67. The Essential Michael Jackson
70. Thriller

On the catalog album chart:

1. Number Ones
2. Essential
4. Thriller

Fans who boycott Xscape should think about this effect as well!

Weren't those certain boycotters supposed to buy Invincible instead of Xscape and why their effort is not seen on that list:)

I'm starting to think Shit Keys went and bought loads of their own albums in order to get no 1 album.

Chart News @chartnews · 13h
US chart preview: @coldplay 360-380k | @BrantleyGilbert 200-220k | @michaeljackson 80-85k | Frozen 60-65k | Now 50 50-55k

Chart News @chartnews · 13h
US chart preview:@theblackkeys 45-50k | Phillip @Phillips 35-40k | The Fault In Our Stars 30-35k | @rascalflatts 21-24k | @IGGYAZALEA 19-22k

Their albums sales went down really fast:scratch:

I'm starting to think Shit Keys went and bought loads of their own albums in order to get no 1 album.
Their albums sales went down really fast:scratch:

Haha, i thought that too. :lol:

Back