Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Denmark is showing a lot of love there. I am glad the album is still in the top 10 in a number of countries. Are the keys still in the top 10. I know they were slipping. Michael is doing good for a guy who can't tour to promote this album.

I know Romania is not such an important market but on iTunes XScape is still on top 10 , currently on 7, after being for more than a week on 1st spot .BLack Keys dropped a lot, is on 84 now, last week it was also up there , oscillating between 1-5 spots though..

^^Good news in any market is good news.

Guys how do they count the number 1 spot of an album on itunes. Do they go by the number of complete albums bought only, or do they add the number of individual songs people bought to form a total?

UK charts 2nd Week: Xscape No. 2 (Down 1)
Love Never Felt So Good No. 10 (Down 2)

That Coldplay would be #1 this week was expected, but I'm glad Xscape only dropped one place. Meanwhile the Black Keys are down to #7. :ciao:

STTR is 99, would it be a good idea to release it as a single if fans already bought it and won't buy it again? See the logic?

FD1998 In which country is it 99^^? Are you talking about fans in one country or fans globally?

That Coldplay would be #1 this week was expected, but I'm glad Xscape only dropped one place. Meanwhile the Black Keys are down to #7. :ciao:

Especially since it was predicted to finish 3rd or 4th earlier in the week. This is excellent news!

FD1998 In which country is it 99^^? Are you talking about fans in one country or fans globally?
The UK :) Presuming only hardcore fans bought it, it would be best releasing something that people already haven't bought

The Best of Internet ?@TheBestofMJJ 4 h.

After France, UK, South Korea, Belgium, Denmark, etc, Michael Jackson's new album Xscape is #1 in Spain too #king http://www.promusicae.es

weLoveMJImmortal ?@mjThisisitlove 5 h.

Japan iTunes: #MJXSCAPE is #1 Thriller is #7 pic.twitter.com/d6Ev3R5jBG

Xscape Peak Chart Positions (Updated)

Australian Albums (ARIA) #2
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) #2
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) #1
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) #1
Canadian Albums (Billboard) #3
Czech Albums (ČNS IFPI) #10
Danish Albums (Hitlisten) #1
Dutch Albums (MegaCharts) #2
Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista) #5
French Albums (SNEP) #1
German Albums (Media Control) #2
Greek Albums (IFPI) #9
Hungarian Albums (MAHASZ) #7
Irish Albums (IRMA) #4
Italian Albums (FIMI) #2
Japanese Albums (Oricon) #12
New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ) #3
Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) #2
Polish Albums (ZPAV) #4
Portuguese Albums (AFP) #3
Russian Albums (2M) #1
Scottish Albums (OCC) #3
South Korea Albums (Gaon Chart) #6/#9
South Korea Foreign Albums (Gaon Chart) #1/#4
Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE) #1
Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) #3
Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) #2
Taiwanese Albums (G-Music) #3
Taiwanese Western Albums (G-Music) #1
UK Albums (OCC) #1
US Billboard 200 #2
US R&B/Hip Hop Albums (Billboard) #1

Do you mean that yesterday it was higher than Cold Play?
I didn't really look at who was on number 2:)
But yes, on 24 May(Aussie time) Xscape was number 1. TPB is the largest torrent site with about 1 billion hits per month, so they are significant as far as the numbers go.
Also, there has been research that shows people who download stuff are more likely to go out and buy physical media. They are huge consumers of music. A lot of groups use torrent sites to gauge their popularity to schedule concerts and album releases. Hence why I think its significant that Michael is up there.

Charts Don’t Lie: May 25
Weekly review of the Hip-Hop and R&B sales/charts.

This week we're seeing how a little bit (or a lot, rather) of media coverage can go a long way. While we have new entries from Michael Jackson (Xscape) and Iamsu! (Sincerely Yours), we're also seeing a few classic albums re-enter the Billboard 200, plus there's the aftermath of the Solange/Jay Z elevator blow out. With MJ back on peoples' minds, not only did Xscape make a strong debut at #2, but other albums from the reigning King of Pop reappeared on the 200-- his greatest hits LP Number Ones sits at #28, while another compilation, The Essential Michael Jackson, pops up at #67. That's not all though, MJ's Thriller is also charting at #70. Another classic album we've seen re-enter the charts is Dr. Dre's 2001, perhaps thanks to his recent press coverage concerning the sale of Beats Electronics to Apple. Finally, Solange Knowles benefited from her public beef with brother-in-law Jay Z, according to HHDX her digital sales saw a major spike this week, up to 2,000 from last week's 600. A bit of publicity, good or bad, seems to help an artist move more records.

1) Michael Jackson— Xscape: The late King of Pop posthumously dropped a new album Xscape, whcich reworks previously-recorded tracks from MJ with top-notch producers like Timbaland. The album proves, although gone, Michael Jackson still rules, as he debuts on the Billboard 200 at #2 and moves 157,000 copies opening week.

Charts_dont_lie_chart_MAY25.jpg

http://thumbs.hh.ulximg.com/public/userfiles/2014/05/Charts_dont_lie_chart_MAY25.jpg

I'm so clad that Goldplay sold more albums in UK than Shit keys in US. Goldplay will take their position in US charts too, serves them right:D

M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 38.595 (+ 0.058)

Hey, Xscape is still doing good
Worldwide iTunes Album Chart 2014/05/25
1 Coldplay - Ghost Stories
2 Michael Jackson - XSCAPE

Global iTunes Artist Ranking
1 Coldplay
2 Michael Jackson

I think it is damn good because MJ beat Shit keys last week in physical copies sold, so to be on top of iTunes when MJ fans buys mostly physical copies is great.

Amazon UK
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5 in Music
Amazon US
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3 in Music

Dorian;4013371 said:
M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 38.595 (+ 0.058)

the airplay is starting to slow now it seems.....

and it's down to 24 on iTunes..... Sony should think of some type of promo maybe, but the song going top 10 in most countries including US and UK is already a great success that exceeded expectations.

serendipity;4013391 said:
the airplay is starting to slow now it seems.....

and it's down to 24 on iTunes..... Sony should think of some type of promo maybe, but the song going top 10 in most countries including US and UK is already a great success that exceeded expectations.

Can we not help on that radio play issue by requesting it?
We have a thread here and some people work very hard every day to click those links and filling in a few lines.

I'm sure the estate/Sony have something coming out soon,and they have done a great job promoting this album, but we fans have to work towards more radio play too.

Rihanna's fans gets her songs played in the radio because they are dedicated, from their site:
If you’re unfamiliar with RIHquesting, it basically helps Rihanna’s new singles “Stay” and “Pour It Up” move up the charts with a few clicks.
Below you will find links to request the tracks in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. Choose “Diamonds” and do your job as a fan!
http://rihannadaily.com/www/request/

We can take those links and request MJ, and do our job as fan:clapping:

LNFSG hit the top10 in many countries.

If they release STTR next, i dare to dream not only top10 , but top5.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/

Friday, May 23, 2014

In a few weeks is the fifth anniversary of Michael Jackson's death and now he's back atop the Global Album Chart with the posthumous effort 'Xscape' and the lift-off 'Love Never Felt So Good', Michael's 33rd Top 10 smash on the Global Track Chart (more about this song below). 'Xscape' moved 365.000 copies in its initial week and ends (temporarily?) the eleven week reign of 'Frozen', which falls at no.3 this week after a 26% sales decline to 242.000. Back to 'Xscape', the biggest sales sorted by countries has the album in the USA with 157.000 units, United Kingdom with 47.800 units and France with 34.200 units. Grammy Award decorated American rock duo Black Keys storms behind 'Xscape' at no.2 with their eighth studio album 'Turn Blue' and 268.000 sales. In the USA and Canada the albums starts even at no.1 with 163.700, respectively 21.200 copies. ...

On the ALL TIME CHART 'Happy' jumps at no.49 with a total of 10.272.000 points. Michael Jackson becomes his 33rd Top 10 success on the global hitlist. And that's more than 42 years after his first hit 'Got To Be There', which entered the Global Top 10 in December 1971. Only Elvis Presley achieved a bigger span between two hits. His first smash 'Heartbreak Hotel' exploded in 1956... the latest, 'A Little Less Conversation', in 2002. Back to this week's hitlist: 'Love Never Felt So Good', with the additional voice from Justin Timberlake, rises from no.11 to no.6, thanks to a big 39% points boost to 196.000...

Bubs;4013406 said:
Can we not help on that radio play issue by requesting it?
We have a thread here and some people work very hard every day to click those links and filling in a few lines.

I'm sure the estate/Sony have something coming out soon,and they have done a great job promoting this album, but we fans have to work towards more radio play too.

Rihanna's fans gets her songs played in the radio because they are dedicated, from their site:
If you’re unfamiliar with RIHquesting, it basically helps Rihanna’s new singles “Stay” and “Pour It Up” move up the charts with a few clicks.
Below you will find links to request the tracks in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. Choose “Diamonds” and do your job as a fan!
http://rihannadaily.com/www/request/

We can take those links and request MJ, and do our job as fan:clapping:

Thanks. I often see comments like the estate/sony should do more XYZ, but we as fans have to do something too, even though we expect the estate/sony to do things on a grand scale. To me if fans can click on a thread each day, they can also click on LNFSG to request that song once a week, although every day is best.

Go Xscape, GO!!

Paris that Media report ^^ only has sales from 3 areas--UK, Farance, US? What happened to the first week sales from other countries?

Last edited:
StopGlobalAirAbuse @sgaa_mj · 9 h.

4 years 11 months later... Still on top #MJXSCAPE
Bolw5VZCYAAEpNM.jpg:large

Back