Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Cant wait until next week! I hope that APWNN debures at #1!!

I keep my thumbs up for APWN.
It is trending no 2 at billboard fastest moving songs on Twitter over the past hour
http://realtime.billboard.com/?chart=trending140&utm_source=twitter
and no 7 the most shared songs on Twitter over the last 24 hours

Though, it changes so often that next minute you won't see MJ on the list at all.

I was wondering that as youtube views counts toward charting, but how about twitter views?
MJ's video was first of kind, and can those twitter numbers added to MJ's youtube numbers?

I keep my thumbs up for APWN.
It is trending no 2 at billboard fastest moving songs on Twitter over the past hour
http://realtime.billboard.com/?chart=trending140&utm_source=twitter
and no 7 the most shared songs on Twitter over the last 24 hours

Though, it changes so often that next minute you won't see MJ on the list at all.

I was wondering that as youtube views counts toward charting, but how about twitter views?
MJ's video was first of kind, and can those twitter numbers added to MJ's youtube numbers?

Yeah I was wondering that too! Wouldn't it be better if they uploaded on YouTube first and link it to Twitter or something? Because if the Twitter views aren't counted then MJ will lose a lot of views.

Yeah I was wondering that too! Wouldn't it be better if they uploaded on YouTube first and link it to Twitter or something? Because if the Twitter views aren't counted then MJ will lose a lot of views.

Then again, they gained tons of attention from media from being first one to do this, so both have good point and bad points.
Losing views in youtube which counts towards charting, but then again, we don't know yet if media/twitter attention helped to song to chart without those views.

Cant wait until next week! I hope that APWNN debures at #1!!

In order for this to happen, it needs to get massive radio play, streaming views and sales. Not possible for next week, but hopefully the song will chart well once it starts to get radio airplay. Keep requesting the song everyone!

I can`t imagine that it will start so high. Remember LNFSG-debut in USA was 20 (which was great) and it had the big radio-deal.

Xscpae: 44 (35)
LNFSG: 24 (26)

I-tunes-Charts Germany Xscpae currently on 1, LNFSG on 30

https://www.apple.com/de/itunes/charts/

Does anyone have a updated bestsselling list of 2014? I think Xscpae is now 9. Ed Sheeran did overtake Xscape.

Chart News @chartnews · 13 Std.

WW sales: @edsheeran, x 91,000 (1,320,000 total).

Annita;4037033 said:
Does anyone have a updated bestsselling list of 2014? I think Xscpae is now 9. Ed Sheeran did overtake Xscape.

Chart News @chartnews · 13 Std.

WW sales: @edsheeran, x 91,000 (1,320,000 total).

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102651&p=5193678

Second last post shows the list

I better post it here
BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014

1. "Frozen" OST - 5,538,000
2. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 2,385,000
3. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 2,036,000
4. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,620,000
5. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,562,000
6. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,494,000
7. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,385,000
8. "X" Ed Sheeran - 1,320,000
9. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 1,313,000
10. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,268,000

11. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 1,212,000
12. "Racine Carrée" Stromae - 1,143,000
13. "Tsugi No Ashiato" AKB 48 - 1,040,000
14. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars - 1,022,000
15. "True" Avicii - 1,001,000
16. "In The Lonely Hour" Sam Smith - 969,000
17. "AM" Arctic Monkeys - 952,000
18. "High Hopes" Bruce Springsteen - 873,000
19. "Ultraviolence" Lana Del Rey - 855,000
20. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 750,000

21. "Bad Blood" Bastille - 750,000
22. "5 Seconds of Summer" 5 Seconds of Summer - 742,000
23. "Turn Blue" The Black Keys - 691,000
24. "The Outsiders" Eric Church - 670,000
25. "The Hunting Party" Linkin Park - 658,000
26. "Bangerz" Miley Cyrus - 641,000
27. "Swing Both Ways" Robbie Williams - 640,000
28. "Shakira" Shakira - 610,000
29. "Farbenspiel" Helene Fischer - 581,000
30. "Caustic Love" Paolo Nutini - 533,000

31. "Born To Die" Lana Del Rey - 526,000
32. "Artpop" Lady Gaga - 521,000
33. "Love In the Future" John Legend - 520,000
34. "Lazaretto" Jack White - 518,000
35. "Just As I Am" Brantley Gilbert - 502,000
36. "Crash My Party" Luke Bryan - 479,000
37. "Native" OneRepublic - 476,000
38. "If You Wait" London Grammar - 438,000
39. "Platinum" Miranda Lambert - 418,000
40. "Overdose" Exo - 411,000

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 6 Std.

Top Netherlands Albums Chart #10 (last week #21) Xscape Michael Jackson

With 28% of the votes counted on HDD, Xscape is not in the top 50 so far. Although, it will definitely finish in the top 50 once all of the sales are counted, this is extremely disappointing following the "release" of APWNN. I put release in quotations as they have done very little to promote this song outside of the twitter campaign/dance show and a less than inspiring video. From what I've read, the song has only been released to Urban AC stations. No additional banner ads, adverts or radio deals to play the song so far. I hate to be negative, but I am really not happy about the ways things are going

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Last edited:
With 28% of the votes counted on HDD, Xscape is not in the top 50 so far. Although, it will definitely finish in the top 50 once all of the sales are counted, this is extremely disappointing following the "release" of APWNN. I put release in quotations as they have done very little to promote this song outside of the twitter campaign/dance show and a less than inspiring video. From what I've read, the song has only been released to Urban AC stations. No additional banner ads, adverts or radio deals to play the song so far. I hate to be negative, but I am really not happy about the ways things are going

48% and still no sight of it. It's done well I guess but the "release" of APWNN could've been done so so much better, Slave could've been a single after the hologram after it gained great popularity.. I see a lot of easily missed chances but it's done well overall I guess.

I'm not sure why they think releasing a song is enough and it will promote itself. Especially in case of a dead artist there should be some promotional actions. When LNFSG was released the first week the song was played on a lot of radios on a pay-for-play basis as it is often the case with singles.They didn't even do this for APWNN, right? How do they expect radios to pick it up?

I'm not sure why they think releasing a song is enough and it will promote itself. Especially in case of a dead artist there should be some promotional actions. When LNFSG was released the first week the song was played on a lot of radios on a pay-for-play basis as it is often the case with singles.They didn't even do this for APWNN, right? How do they expect radios to pick it up?

Indeed, so sad. Does anyone know if the song has been released yet to all radio formats? There was a post here that they were planning to release it to Urban AC stations on 12 August. For this format, the song is now listed on many playlists along with Chicago and LNFSG. I have not seen APWNN on any other playlists outside of Urban AC.

Dorian, would you happen to have more info on this?

Last edited:
Radio deals usually happen for the first single from what I know, I'm not sure if they do it for follow up singles.

2nd or 3rd single's success is quite usual. Such as "All of Me" by John Legend, the long-run #1 hit of Hot 100, is the 3rd single of the album "Love in the Future". "Not a Bad Thing" by Justin Timberlake is the 3rd single of "The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2".

Effect of APWNN (video, premier, etc) will first be felt on next weeks charts.
Just remember that the album first charted 10 to 14 days after the initial release in each country.

So that it is steady and manages the same sales as last week is a POSITIVE.
There should be some upward motion when APWNN makes it's effect felt.
Then there will be MJ's birthday which also will be felt in the weeks after the actual day.

It should have had a impact on this week chart Billboard 200. LNFSG was released on Thursday an with 2-sales-day and airplay it charted on 20 in the next Billboard-chart. But there was no sales-boost on i-tunes after APWNN-release and the song itself did also not charting on i-tunes until now.

So I guess this was it with XSCAPE.

I expected much more tbh.

Back