Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Paris78;4014381 said:
Chart News @chartnews · 3 h.

Billboard 200: #3 @MichaelJackson, Xscape 67,000 (224,000 total).

Michael Jackson's 'Number Ones' (2003 Album) is currently #33 On the US Billboard 200. An 11 Year old album!

And also #1 on the catalog albums chart, its 30th week at the top.

Billie Jean returns to the Hot 100 at #14 and Slave To The Rhythm becomes Michael's 50th Hot 100 hit.
Hee Hee

Great news. Keep requesting the song on the radio guys! You can tell our requests are working.

I am looking forward to hearing eventually how much the album sold worldwide. I wonder if it would more than the Key's (sarcasm here).

Billie Jean is #14 on the billboard 100 and LNFSG is 13?

LNFSG is #16

see this ""Love Never Felt So Good" (which drops 9-16 on the Hot 100 dated June 7)". It means it was #9 and dropped to #16.

So

Hot 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 LNFSG
#45 STTR

Streaming Songs
#2 Billie Jean
#11 STTR

Hot R&B / Hip Hop
#12 STTR
#50 Chicago

Note: LNFSG could be on Streaming Songs and R&B charts as well. We'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:
^^Also the beauty of a good posthumous album--you get people requesting his original works.

This is great guys! I just love to see all the positiveness surrounding Michael's music. And I realize that we have to step in and help promote Michael in his stead. I just requested LNFSG on the 1st 15 stations on the Rihanna list. Once again,I feel joy in my heart! :chillin: I commend all of you who work hard to help keep our King on top:bow:

LNFSG is #16

see this ""Love Never Felt So Good" (which drops 9-16 on the Hot 100 dated June 7)". It means it was #9 and dropped to #16.

So

Hot 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 LNFSG
#45 STTR

Streaming Songs
#2 Billie Jean
#11 STTR

Hot R&B / Hip Hop
#12 STTR
#50 Chicago

Note: LNFSG could be on Streaming Songs and R&B charts as well. We'll see tomorrow.

Wow, that is awesome!

LNFSG is #16

So

Hot 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 LNFSG
#45 STTR

Streaming Songs
#2 Billie Jean
#11 STTR

Hot R&B / Hip Hop
#12 STTR
#50 Chicago

According to this article Billie Jean is also #6 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart:

A week after becoming the first artist to reach the Billboard Hot 100's top 10 in five different decades (and six including his work with the Jackson 5), as "Love Never Felt So Good," with Justin Timberlake zoomed 22-9, Michael Jackson makes news again, as his 1983 No. 1 "Billie Jean" returns. The song re-enters at No. 14 thanks to the popularity of a viral video featuring the track.

Meanwhile, Jackson scores his milestone 50th Hot 100 hit, as "Slave to the Rhythm," from his new album "Xscape," debuts at No. 45.

"Billie Jean" revisits the Hot 100 with 95 percent of its chart points from streaming. It debuts on the Streaming Songs chart at No. 2 thanks to the stylings of Brett Nichols, a junior at Pitman High School in Turlock, Calif. Nichols performed Jackson's iconic dance sequence from 1983's "Motown 25" TV special for his school's talent show, with the clip featuring the song's original audio. The video went viral and Jackson's classic bows on Streaming Songs with 11.2 million U.S. streams in the week ending May 25 (a 320 percent surge), according to Nielsen BDS. It debuts with 95 percent of its streams from YouTube (non-Vevo) activity.

"Billie Jean," from "Thriller," the best-selling studio album of all time (it's been certified 29 times Platinum by to the RIAA), spent seven weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 in a 24-week run in 1983. It and 1991's "Black or White" mark the longest reigns of Jackson's 13 Hot 100 No. 1s, the most leaders among solo males.

On Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, "Billie Jean" re-enters at No. 6. It spent nine weeks at No. 1 in 1983, passing "Rock With You" (six weeks, 1980) for his longest command on the genre tally.

Jackson also earns his landmark 50th Hot 100 entry, as "Slave to the Rhythm" begins at No. 45. With 75 of its chart points from streaming, the song enters Streaming Songs at No. 11 (3.9 million, up 345 percent). Fifty-six percent of its streaming activity is owed to the official Vevo video of the much buzzed-about virtual Jackson performing the song at the Billboard Music Awards on May 18.

Jackson becomes the 30th artist to collect at least 50 Hot 100 hits and the 20th solo male to earn the honor (tying Eminem's sum). Lil Wayne leads all male soloists with 121 entries, followed by Elvis Presley (108), James Brown (91), Jay Z (82) and Ray Charles (74). Among all acts, Lil Wayne trails only the cast of Fox's "Glee," which has made 207 Hot 100 visits.

On Hot R&B/Hop-Hop Songs, "Slave" soars 38-12. Jackson also debuts at No. 50 with "Chicago."

"Love Never Felt So Good" (which drops 9-16 on the Hot 100 dated June 7), "Slave" and "Chicago" are from Jackson's posthumous album "Xscape," which debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 dated May 31. It ranks at No. 3 this week with 67,000 copies sold (down 57 percent) in the U.S. in the week ending May 25, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Its two-week sales total stands at 224,000.

The Billie Jean surge is due to the video of that high school kid which has gone viral. As I mentioned in another post, they need to get this kid on the payroll, LOL

Seriously though, many of the young kids who are watching this video may have never seen the original video of Michael Jackson performing the song due to its age and the fact that stations like MTV do not play a lot of videos these days, especially the classics. it's really great that these kids are being exposed to Michael Jackson's greatness through this simple video that was made in a high school gym. Hopefully, some of them will be encouraged to learn more about the master himself

Last edited:
It's bizarre that Thriller is still at 29 million sales according to the Billboard article. Seems like it should be higher following the surge of sales during the past years

It's bizarre that Thriller is still at 29 million sales according to the Billboard article. Seems like it should be higher following the surge of sales during the past years

I think they simply go by the official certifications. I'm pretty sure by now Thriller passed the 30 million mark. But the certifications have not been updated since 2009.

LNFSG is #16

So

Hot 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 LNFSG
#45 STTR

Streaming Songs
#2 Billie Jean
#11 STTR

Hot R&B / Hip Hop
#12 STTR
#50 Chicago

Where can I find it?I have checked billboard 100 and cant't see anything?Am I doing something wrong?
i would appreciate a link please.Thank you

Jackson also debuts at No. 50 with "Chicago."

Question please: does anyone know the story behind Chicago debuting on the R/B chart?

I believe Chicago is going to have a very good run on the R/B chart. The song is prime for R/B radio.

Question please: does anyone know the story behind Chicago debuting on the R/B chart?

I believe Chicago is going to have a very good run on the R/B chart. The song is prime for R/B radio.

I fully agree with you. I think it could definitely reach number 1 on the R/B chart.

AngelMJ136;4014587 said:
Yeah, Billie Jean back in the charts again! [/URL]

I wonder if his version of Smooth Criminal is going the get the same amount of attention from media?
"Brett has decided to release more videos of MJ’s routines starting with the infamous dance in the “Smooth Criminal” video. He will release the video on Monday June 2nd on his official YouTube Channel."

BILLBOARD HOT 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 Love Never Felt So Good
#45 Slave To The Rhythm

BILLBOARD TOP 200 Albums
#3 Xscape
#33 Number Ones
#71 The Essential
#88 Thriller

* fixed.

Last edited:
BILLBOARD HOT 100
#14 Billie Jean
#16 Love Never Felt So Good
#45 Slave To The Rhythm

BILLBOARD TOP 200 Albums
#3 Xscape
#28 Number Ones
#67 The Essential
#70 Thriller

excited-gif.gif

Bubs;4014603 said:
I wonder if his version of Smooth Criminal is going the get the same amount of attention from media?
"Brett has decided to release more videos of MJ’s routines starting with the infamous dance in the “Smooth Criminal” video. He will release the video on Monday June 2nd on his official YouTube Channel."

I think it will also do well. I hope he is already working on his STTR routine LOL. Not based on the BB performance but something he puts together himself after having studied so many of Michael's moves over and over. Would be great if he could release it when they release the song as a single should they decide to do so

Can songs chart even before official release?

So if people can download just this 1 track then what does an official release even mean now?

Can songs chart even before official release?

So if people can download just this 1 track then what does an official release even mean now?

The official release means they're oficially sending this to the radios and promoting... without radio support, it's quite difficult to make the HOT 100 or stay there for more than a week.

The point about "Slave To The Rhythm" wasn't the sales (according to the Billboard, it was 25% sales x 75% streaming), but public interest about the hologram performance. Just check the the youtube views, it's about to top "Love Never Felt So Good" music video.

Back