You Rock My World Single

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
Did it contain the album edit of the track like from The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)? And did It contain the same glitch that compilation version did?

It had the intro there, but on a separate track, if I remember correctly.

What glitch?

On the Ultimate Collection and the Essential MJ collection, it'll start a second too late. Basically it skips part of the opening beat. Which is very bad, to me personally. Makes it very hard to find a flac of the album edit.

On the Ultimate Collection and the Essential MJ collection, it'll start a second too late. Basically it skips part of the opening beat. Which is very bad, to me personally. Makes it very hard to find a flac of the album edit.
Doesn’t do that on mine.

Yeah, clearly. A lazy edit, I’d say.
I just cut the intro off with MP3cut, it came out way better than this. It's good enough for me, unless someone is willing to share a flac/wav file of the CD Single rip.

I just cut the intro off with MP3cut, it came out way better than this. It's good enough for me, unless someone is willing to share a flac/wav file of the CD Single rip.
Update: I now have a cd copy of the single coming. Got it for less than 10 bucks, not bad.

Did it contain the album edit of the track like from The Essential Michael Jackson (2005)? And did It contain the same glitch that compilation version did?

Checked putting tracks from various sources on a multitrack timeline.
My single [5 tracks, EPC 671765-2] contains both the album version and the edit version. The edit has less beats and less of MJ's ad libs in the beginning. The album version from the single seems very identical to that on the album. The version on The Ultimate Collection is the album version but indeed skips the first beat.

Checked putting tracks from various sources on a multitrack timeline.
My single [5 tracks, EPC 671765-2] contains both the album version and the edit version. The edit has less beats and less of MJ's ad libs in the beginning. The album version from the single seems very identical to that on the album. The version on The Ultimate Collection is the album version but indeed skips the first beat.
Yeah, the Radio Edit is present on Number Ones also. I never liked it because of it's shortening the length. It never skips though...

Radio edits yes, but album edits are usually the same song with less of the stuff we'd skip, like YRMW's intro or Will You Be There's.

I've made my own "edit" of YRMW. Basically it's the album edit - I've just replaced its first 15 seconds (or so) with the instrumental. I never was a fan of that annoying "Darkchild, I like that" line.

I remember Florin's YouTube channel had the ripped album edit of You Rock My World single, if I remember correctly it did not have the beat glitch at the intro.

I remember Florin's YouTube channel had the ripped album edit of You Rock My World single, if I remember correctly it did not have the beat glitch at the intro.
It did not, that's right. I had ripped it before but because of Yt2mp3's flaws it's got lots of artifacts. So just different problems all together.
@Moromete

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone list all the released versions of YRMW and the differences?

I remember a long time ago that I had saved 3 different versions, I felt like a bridge was better/different on one version. Maybe some different adlibs as well?

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone list all the released versions of YRMW and the differences?

I remember a long time ago that I had saved 3 different versions, I felt like a bridge was better/different on one version. Maybe some different adlibs as well?
Go ahead and hijack, I've pretty much had my questions answered. I think wikipedias article has most of them listed but someone else might know more intimately.

It did not, that's right. I had ripped it before but because of Yt2mp3's flaws it's got lots of artifacts. So just different problems all together.
@Moromete
Same here! I ripped it back in 2016 and used that mp3 on my iPhone until I got Apple Music in early 2021, which then I replaced it with the "Essentials" YRMW Album Edit.

Back