Your favorite amateur concerts

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
I like to watch amateur recordings of Michael's concerts. You can really feel the atmosphere and it's like if you were there. Which are you favorites? Here are some of mine:

Bad Tour 88 Wembley(can't find the full show on youtube):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAHprYhYCgs

Bad Tour is my favorite tour and this is one of the best concerts I have seen.

Dangerous Tour 92 Monza:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8hcCelQoLM

The quality is really good and the camera zooms really close to the stage.

Dangerous Tour 92 Stockholm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quc18gaDTRo

The sound quality and video are great.

Dangerous Tour 92 Frankfurt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkIn5TsW1k

You can really feel the atmosphere here and I like how the band plays Happy Birthday to Michael before WBSS. Michael's reaction is great. :D

I love watching amateur footage of shows because sometimes you catch things that wasn't filmed during pro footage shows. Like on one amateur recording from Munich 1997, where you can see Michael getting on the cherry picker to perform Beat It while Thriller was still playing

I like to watch amateur recordings of Michael's concerts. You can really feel the atmosphere and it's like if you were there. Which are you favorites? Here are some of mine:

Dangerous Tour 92 Frankfurt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkIn5TsW1k

You can really feel the atmosphere here and I like how the band plays Happy Birthday to Michael before WBSS. Michael's reaction is great. :D

I really love the soft roar of the crowd and all the lighters in the air-thousands and thousands.-and love how they sing along in unison. Loved the Frankfurt birthday one today. Thank you.

In addition to the ones mentioned here I always quite liked the 08.06.97 HIStory Tour Amsterdam show. The angles are not always perfect, but because it was filmed from the front and the person filming zooms in and out from time to time, the feeling of 'being there' is quite good.

I think the Gelsenkirchen show is pretty decent too for the same reason. Some of the other amateur tapes of Amsterdam shows (10.06.97 and 30.09.96) are also pretty good, but those are filmed from stadium seats rather than the field.

In addition to the ones mentioned here I always quite liked the 08.06.97 HIStory Tour Amsterdam show. The angles are not always perfect, but because it was filmed from the front and the person filming zooms in and out from time to time, the feeling of 'being there' is quite good.

Oooh-you are right-I watched a lot of this and I really enjoyed it-first time I have ever really enjoyed watching the HIStory tour. When you watch it "in person" you don't notice any lip synching-or I didn't). Everyone has been right about the emphasis on the dancing-it was great (watched Victory Tour last night and the dancing was a lot more polished and theatrical).
I love watching it from the audience-in the field is everyone on the same level? I guess short people (5 feet) like me wouldn't be able to see!!

Last edited:
Dublin 97.... for obvious reasons

Wembley 88- I think it's the 14th? (the one Another Part of Me is taken from)

New York 84 - The best live vocals possible ever

Monza 92

HIStory Tour Amsterdam is great:

I'm not big fan of HIStory Tour but I really like the sound quality in this. It feels like if you really were there. Michael also had red and white Thriller jacket.

HIStory Tour Amsterdam is great:

I'm not big fan of HIStory Tour but I really like the sound quality in this. It feels like if you really were there. Michael also had red and white Thriller jacket.

Something completely unrelated but are you a fan of the X-men franchise?

Yeah. I know Nightcrawler has Thriller jacket in the upcoming X-Men movie if that is what you are trying to say. Can't wait to see that. :)

Haha yeah that's awesome but that's not why I asked. Recently with the Fantastic Four debacle I just realized your username was a nod to Galactus. We'll probably wait a long time before we see him in th big screen

Haha yeah that's awesome but that's not why I asked. Recently with the Fantastic Four debacle I just realized your username was a nod to Galactus. We'll probably wait a long time before we see him in th big screen

Actually Galactus was in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer already. I haven't seen the new movie yet because it doesn't look very good.

Actually Galactus was in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer already. I haven't seen the new movie yet because it doesn't look very good.

Really? That's the one movie I haven't seen yet. Hope Marvel gets the rights back for some of the characters, mainly Galactus and Silver Surfer.

I'm pretty much a fan of every single amateur shot show mentioned here. Barcelona 88 and Cologne 88 are also brilliant and I'm a massive fan of Amsterdam 97 film from the high up seats looking down onto the stage. I've seen so many amateurs, I believe I've seen all that's available and there's that Dangerous show that takes place all in daylight, might be Cologne? But it's a great way to see other things going on around MJ as he performs. Love so many of these shows. Wembley 88 and NYC 84 are incredible. Landover 88 also features a rare moment of MJ coming out of the white tent at the beginning of IJCSLY.

I think the most amateurs of 1988 and the 2nd Copenhagen from HIStory Tour 1997 are great.

Back