Your Favourite Song From Wembley July 16 1988

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member

To celebrate the anniversary of this amazing show, what's your favourite performance from the show. Hard to believe it's nearly 10 years since it was released

Mine would be Rock With You, the vocals are flawless, the dancing is so smooth and precise and the best bit is Mike looks like he is really enjoying himself.
The best performer on the planet in his peak

Last edited:
This show has a very special place in my heart. So much so that it is extremely difficult to choose a single favourite song or moment in the show.

Another Part Of Me is always a highlight and it is certainly one of my favourite numbers from the show. I also adore Dirty Diana, Rock With You and Man In The Mirror.

To be honest, every song in this concert is nothing short of spectacular and I can't really say anything negative about any of the performances.

To celebrate the anniversary of this amazing show, what's your favourite performance from the show. Hard to believe it's nearly 10 years since it was released

Mine would be Rock With You, the vocals are flawless, the dancing is so smooth and precise and the best bit is he looks like Mike is really enjoying himself.
The best performer on the planet in his peak
Dirty Diana for me.
Those notes he's hitting when he is singing the ,,if you make me a star,, and ,,because he's sleeping with me,, parts (just before the chorus) are damn great and bad-ass in my opinion
Beat it sounds again great,as a whole
( i know it's off-topic,but his voice is built for rock in my opinion lol)

I need to fully rewatch this show to give a definite answer but I remember Billie Jean standing out for me. Dirty Diana, APOM, RWY, Beat it are all solid. My only gripes have nothing to do with the performance but the video quality. If they ever find the master for 16th I think they should re release it imo.

Another part of me and dirty diana

The former because of the vibes, it is an anthem of unison and Michael also embodies that vibe on stage smiling and having fun. It is a good visual translation of the lyrics.

The latter because it is intense and epic, the way Mike works the mic stand, the vocals, the close ups, his interaction with Jennifer.

Great Thread!

Man In The Mirror does it for me. Such a powerful and majestic performance. I remember standing up at the end of the performance. Man, times flies so fast. I can’t believe wembley was released 10 years ago
Man In The Mirror on the Bad Tour is otherworldly, pure magic.

I know man time flies. I still remember the debates on here as to whether Dirty Diana or The Way You Make Me Feel were performed or not. So many members with loads of theories, good times

Man In The Mirror on the Bad Tour is otherworldly, pure magic.

I know man time flies. I still remember the debates on here as to whether Dirty Diana or The Way You Make Me Feel were performed or not. So many members with loads of theories, good times
The forums were buzzing back then. The fan campaigns were finally being heard. We got snippets of the raw audio from 15th/16th thanks to Go flying/Birchey..
Finally seeing an 88 show in full. No more half tapes, LOUNIS PRODUCTION logo, just an unedited complete concert.

Last edited:
If Man in The Mirror had been sung fully live it had been a dream come true.

But still my choice is MITM I guess - the encore when the band starts the song again and everything. Perfect.

Also Thriller because it's live - nice to see the performance sung live.

Oh God, how to choose...

Human Nature - probably my favorite HN performance. Gorgeous control of both his body and his vocals. Crazy sexy.
Rock with you - Smooth, sensual just so good
TWYMMF - He's so playful, smiling, happy...just perfect
APOM - he's like boundless joy here. Everything about it is gorgeous.
IJCSLY - Sheryl's vocals are so weak in comparison IMO, but that doesn't at all impact how much I love this performance. Michael is incredible in it. Especially his ad-libs at the end, the mini beat box he does, with "tell me, tell me..." over and over until he drops the mic and is just singing into the sky, smiling, totally consumed by the music. It's a Godly moment.

Also just the entire show, because it's flawless lol.

I still remember them releasing Another Part Of Me early as a teaser before the DVD was released, I was so excited to see it. Such a brilliant performance, his energy was what surprised me, he didn't seem to get tired at all.
I'd watched the video for APOM loads but seeing a complete uncut performance of it was brilliant, you could feel how funky that track was live

I still remember them releasing Another Part Of Me early as a teaser before the DVD was released, I was so excited to see it. Such a brilliant performance, his energy was what surprised me, he didn't seem to get tired at all.
I'd watched the video for APOM loads but seeing a complete uncut performance of it was brilliant, you could feel how funky that track was live
APOM was the first live performance I saw from the Bad era and it made me fall totally in love 🥰 His energy was incredible and infectious.

The quality of this is just glorious:

If they ever find the master for 16th I think they should re release it imo.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I remember reading somewhere that an insider pointed out to them having found it years ago, after the DVD was released.

my favourite songs from Wembley July 16 1988 were these...Another Part Of Me,I Just Can't Stop Loving You,I Want You Back,The Love You Save ,I'll Be There,Rock With You,Human Nature,Dirty Diana,BAD,Man In The Mirror,and of course yes I love Bad Tour most,we still need more BAD TOUR concerts,finally hope the estate could release more..

Back