Your Most Wanted Demos and/or Unreleased Songs?

That's cool, I didn't know MJ did a version of This Had To Be himself. It's a great song. Thanks for the info

I always remember Buffalo Bill, Men In Black, Price Of Fame and Chicago 1945 as those elusive titles we wanted for years.

I'm hoping Teddy was just playing with fans with that video. Didn't an engineer who worked with Teddy (can't remember his name) comment that Michael's vocals on Joy were amazing or something?

I hope there's a full version, I love that song
Yes, Jean Marie Horvat đź‘Ť

[…] it sounded like Another Sad Love Song by Toxi Braxton, […]
mr-bean-rowan-atkinson.gif

PS: Her sister, Toni, is pretty good.

There's still unreleased J5 material?? I thought Motown would've scrapped the bottom of that barrel years.. even decades ago (first off when Michael hit it big with Thriller to cash in on his success, then again when he died).
I bet there is. I’m always surprised at how much there is when it comes to Motown.

The songs that I want to hear from each era are:

Off The Wall:
- Little Susie Demo
- Got To Find A Way Somehow
- Going To Rio

Thriller:
- MJ Melody
- Rolling The Dice
- Peter Pan Songs
- Victory

Bad:
- Turning Me Off
- Chicago 1945
- Apocalypse Now
- Buffalo Bill
- Be Me 4 A Day

Dangerous:
- Call It Off
- Seven Digits

HIStory:
- Willing And Waiting

Invincible:
- Monster
- Ekam Satyam (The One Truth)
- Chicago 1945 Rework
- Do You Want Me/Do You Love Me
- The Gloved One
- Shut Up And Dance
- The Pain

After Invincible:
- RedOne Collaboration Song
- Stop Throwing Your Life Away
- I'm Still The King
- Dark Lady
- Water
- D.I.E (Dance Is Entertainment)
- Days In Gloucestershire (2008)
- Rocker
Good list.

What’s “MJ Melody”, though? The Motown song?

- Monster
- Adore You
- Dark Lady
- D.I.E.
- Goin' to Rio
- Throwing Your Life Away (HQ Bad Demo and Neff-U Version)
- Ghost of Another Lover (HQ Version)

I don't care if some on the list are just instrumentals or scratch vocals, I just want to listen and let my imagination run wild! :D

There's still unreleased J5 material?? I thought Motown would've scrapped the bottom of that barrel years.. even decades ago (first off when Michael hit it big with Thriller to cash in on his success, then again when he died).

Motown is sitting on plenty of unreleased J5 material

Obviously they're varying in stages of completion, right? 469 songs seems humanly impossible lol

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how many days in those 7 years they were either in the recording studio, on stage or rehearsing for stage. I mean Freddie Mercury said it himself, there was nothing he could learn Michael at age 21. You now know why that is.

Obviously they're varying in stages of completion, right? 469 songs seems humanely impossible lol
Could be various stages but this was a time where songs were already written for the group…..they were probably knocking out a handful of songs each session

I do wanna hear "I'm Dreaming." Probably the most of any song. Though buffalo Bill is right next to it for me now.

I do think though this includes also the recordings of Jackie en Jermaine Jackson solo but it probably still leaves around 400 songs with Michael’s vocals.

Maybe some kind soul can do the quick math and count how many of those alleged 469 tracks have surfaced officially and or unofficially?
Perhaps you know the number? @jaorecords

I would be very interested in a project (for example a book with recording dates, session musicians, background info etc) of every song Michael ever recorded from Big Boy till the very last unfinished songs prior to his passing.
I think he must have recorded over 600 songs in his life (both finished and unfinished)

I do think though this includes also the recordings of Jackie en Jermaine Jackson solo but it probably still leaves around 400 songs with Michael’s vocals.

Maybe some kind soul can do the quick math and count how many of those alleged 469 tracks have surfaced officially and or unofficially?
Perhaps you know the number? @jaorecords

I would be very interested in a project (for example a book with recording dates, session musicians, background info etc) of every song Michael ever recorded from Big Boy till the very last unfinished songs prior to his passing.
I think he must have recorded over 600 songs in his life (both finished and unfinished)
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing a few days ago lol. Maybe not with dates since it seems kinda impossibile, but at least trying to put every track from Big Boy to Best Of Joy in approximate order of recording could be an interesting project.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing a few days ago lol. Maybe not with dates since it seems kinda impossibile, but at least trying to put every track from Big Boy to Best Of Joy in approximate order of recording could be an interesting project.
It would be extremely interesting, especially if presented chronologically. I think the first 8 years should be pretty straightforward for anyone with the knowledge and means. It looks like Motown has detailed archives to come up with all the needed info. The next chapter the "Jacksons" post Motown should not be that hard to collect either as all members bar Michael are still alive to provide the necessary info. The solo MJ years might be harder to collect especially post Quincy Jones.

I really think a journalist or writer who has interest in this subject should start this as a comprehensive Michael Jackson archive."The great Michael Jackson songbook".

I saw this on 60 minutes years ago. Some guy in California houses all the J5 Masters. They gave a tour of his house.
I think this is the Vaccaoro-warehouse who sold it to Howard Mann. They are both crocks. Howard Mann did some dubious deals with Kathrine, the coffee-house-table-book, tried to make a documentation with Michaels childreen as there was little....
There are many different threads in the forum

Back