How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand" -- thread

Chaos

Proud Member
I thought this would be a great thread, anyone got any feed back from non and even casual fans? what has the feedback been so far?

Re: non fans reaction to "Hold my hand" thread

Reactions on youtube are 90% positive and really really great. Many ppl think it is going to be huge hit!

im googling it, seeing reactions on boards. so far i'm seeing people would rather make immature jokes about MJ and kids with the title "Hold My Hand"....they rather do that than admit the song is on fire. :rolleyes:

im googling it, seeing reactions on boards. so far i'm seeing people would rather make immature jokes about MJ and kids with the title "Hold My Hand"....they rather do that than admit the song is on fire. :rolleyes:

Oh but of course, lol.

continuing on my google search lol...

a lot of people are saying Akon ruins it lol..or that Mj shouldn't have hooked up with Akon...or that the song would've been better if MJ just sang the whole song. People also keep saying its MICHAEL featuring AKON when it's the other way around. I love this quote from LiveDaily board:

"i thought it would go downhill after Akon shouted KONVICT MUSIC, but it was good"

Also, O/T...I reeeeeally dislike people who come on this board and they go to other boards to talk ish about us :rolleyes: That's reallllly mature as well.

They're also making jokes about MJ and Akon being homosexual.

on a different rant, sometimes i wonder what exactly people want from MJ. MJ obviously is trying to sound fresh and new...but people don't want him to that cuz then he's sinking too low. But if he doesn't do that then he'll be stuck in the past and desperate. Wow oh wow.

But if it was freakin soulja boy or lil wayne with a new song...EVERYONE would be trippin (actually everyone does trip...lil wayne sold 1mil copies in his first week!) and no one can tell me they're better or make BETTER THAN AVERAGE songs.I understand MJ's a legend but why does he constantly have to prove himself, when these other cats can "steal his crown" with one or two average songs themselves?

Last edited:

lol J5!

my friends really like the song, and think it is a smash hit for the summer

Reactions on youtube are 90% positive and really really great. Many ppl think it is going to be huge hit!

Yeah, I saw that as well. Doin' positively great with the start of things.

And the haterz...pfft. Song gon' be numba one. Eff them.

For what I've seen on boards and blogs, despite the obvious a-holes, reaction seems to be very good...most people say they wish Akon wasn't there lol

The special person in my life loves it.

Last edited:

It's been almost exclusively positive comments about it from non-fans on various blogs and music sites that have posted it. Even some who don't like MJ admit that the song is good. For every 50 positive comments, there might be one negative one. :)

I showed it to my mate while he was over at my house.. He loved the song; and he was first in line when Carter lll came out:smilerolleyes: But he agreed that it is a potential hit. Even a good candidate for the #1 spot:D From what I've seen at non-MJ-sites, most reactions seem positive as well:clapping:

I know my mum will like this a lot but she's on holiday at the moment, she won't have a clue it's been leaked hahaa gutted

I think most people are going to like it. Do not care about the FEW haters who make comments. ALL ARTISTS go through that with people.< """"they're also making jokes about MJ and Akon being homosexual""""""> WHo cares about one or two people saying this. To me, this is a badge of honor in the music biz. Like my old saying and many in the industry has said the same thing, "you know you have made it to the top when some people (1) accuse you of being gay, (2) put you in the tabloids, (3) start to sue you. This is typical for someone who is ON TOP of the world.

look i was just saying what i saw on the top google results of "MJ and Akon hold my hand" LOL

Who cares what they think? :eviltongue: Haterz will always be haterz...
Even though they soooooooo know they be humming along and tapping their feet to MJ when he comes on the radio... Yes I have seen you :nana: :lol:
They like him... They just don't ever want to admit it :chichi:

Last edited:

Half of the people I know are ranting about how he could've chosen someone besides Akon and the other half think it's an okay song, but still have the need to make jokes about how Michael shouldn't associate himself with a track called "Hold My Hand."... Very funny.

The thing that I think is incredible is how much buzz is around this. Some friends of mine who don't even care about Michael knew about this song before I even told them. The more hype, the better!

I love it...I was playing it and even my mom (who always tells me to turn down my music) came to ask me who is singing that...which means she likes it...

the song is ok... to much akon in it

my friends are saying they think technology was used to make mj's voice sound better.. completely DISAGREE with that!!

my friends are saying they think technology was used to make mj's voice sound better.. completely DISAGREE with that!!
I disagree also! I hear nothing that interferes' with MJ's singing, it just sounds like the MJ we all know.

Well, they are using one of those techno thingys for the special effects, but his voice is his voice.

oh goodness...mj doesnt need anything to make his voice sound better,lol!!!!!

Anyway, there are ignorant people all the time. MJ haters have nothing better to do with their life and it has alot to do with ignorance cause if they would actually research the things that they are making jokes at, theywould find out the truth and their ignorance would be exposed.lol. but there are haters for every artist, i'm glad mj doesnt let it get him down....

I cant wait to hear feedback from ppl!!!

I think this thread is negative because it mostly picks up the negatives from the haters and we shouldn't need to have them here to dampen our spirits. Imo.

The vocoder is used to make his voice blend with Akon's, not to make it sound better - it already sounds better :lol:

I know my younger sister will LOVE this song. Shes not an MJ fan but she like Akon. I can't wait for her to hear this when she gets home tomorrow :D

I think this thread is fine cuz it's showing both the negatives and positives equally.

Back