How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand" -- thread

Akon's fan don't even know that new song... !! I went on facebook and nobody talks about it! Pretty weird..! and I can't find a large Akon's forum on the web.

My mom loves it! Exactly as I thought, this song is for people from all walks of life.
That's what makes it even more of a hit! :D

I started a thread at a law school site that I visit and the feedback has been completely positive.

Re: non fans reaction to "Hold my hand" thread

non fans?

you guys check out this

http://prince.org/msg/8/274946

These comments are elitist rubbish. Nobody there wants to give MJ credit for anything because of the perceived competition he and Mike have against each other. If they really respected MJ and musical history they wouldn't be taking those personal jabs that are WAY out of line.

Yet, others on Prince's fan sites love it... so no need to trip on what the boo birds say.

Yet, others on Prince's fan sites love it... so no need to trip on what the boo birds say.

That's cool, then. There should be no animousity between the two parties. MJ and Prince have a lot in common. Personally, I love Prince.

I asked a few of my friends if they heard the song yet and they hadn't.
But they seem to be interested enough to ask me questions about where they can hear it.
They were bugged out to even know the 2 artists collaborated.
I'm sure they will let me know what they think of it.

Other than that.....

I was going to post this in a thread which was closed, but I took a while to type and think about it so I will post it here! Someone mentioned something about fans leaving MJ's fanbase over this new collaboration with Akon.. I wanted to type some of my thoughts why this doenst bother me, and shouldnt bother any other good/devoted fan.

First of all - Fan; Definition - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

80/90% of the members on this forum, people who I have talked to either one on one, whether that be in a friendly manner or in an important critical debate, are the fans who actually admire Michael Jackson and will support him whether or not his decisions are what they think is best for him.

If some 'fans' which to leave, then so beit. As Michael Jackson is reaching out to a broader, contemporary audience by doing what he is doing. Whether you like it or not, his decision to do this is a fantastic one and I support him 100%. The music is great, he sounds great, he is obviously working hard, and it is what every fan wanted from him since the trial ended in 2005. He then goes and proves himself by doing this fantastic collaboration in preperation for the release of his own material, and he gets negativity from a minute sector of his own fans.

The best way to beat them, is to ignore them, they want a rise out of the good people who love Michael for what he has done and what he will be doing in the future.

Last edited:
Do NOT post other fanclub names up in herr!!! That's why the other one was CLOSED. And don't start up that convo in herr, either. Let these peeps go their way and be done with it.

Do NOT post other fanclub names up in herr!!! That's why the other one was CLOSED. And don't start up that convo in herr, either. Let these peeps go their way and be done with it.
Fair enough :agree:

I removed the entire line out of the post instead of just removing certain parts, which subsequently made the entire line pointless.. lol. However, it's a valid debate isn't it? Why shouldn't it be discussed on a discussion board? Just pondering that question..?

As per the bolded section I quoted.. if you read my post, you would see that I was promoting exactly that.

Last edited:
I do not care what some Prince fan think. Remember, they LOVE PRINCE and UPHOLD PRINCE. If they say good things about Michael and anyone else, great but I do not expect it.

Fair enough :agree:

I removed the entire line out of the post instead of just removing certain parts, which subsequently made the entire line pointless.. lol. However, it's a valid debate isn't it? Why shouldn't it be discussed on a discussion board? Just pondering that question..?
Because we don't bash other MJ fan club boards here. We expressly do not allow it. It's one thing to say that you don't like the song. Believe it or not, there have been some here who didn't care for it. It's another thing entirely to start talking about what others MJ Fans are doing on other fan boards because it turns into a 'I-hate-Xandso's-board-because-of-this-and-that'.

The MJJC Fan Club Community respects all other fan club sites and their way of doing things and running their boards.

This is the way we run ours.

I hope you can understand that.

Last edited:
Because we don't bash other MJ fan club boards here. We expressly do not allow it. It's one thing to say that you don't like the song. Believe it or not, there have been some here who didn't care for it. It's another thing entirely to start talking about what others MJ Fans are doing on other fan boards because it turns into a 'I-hate-Xandso's-board-because-of-this-and-that'.

The MJJC Fan Club Community respects all other fan club sites and their way of doing things and running their boards.

This is the way we run ours.

I hope you can understand that.

Yeah I get that and understand completely, I wasnt trying to be libellus, I hope you also understand that.

But my post, if you read it in it's entirety was promoting the fact that no one should care if people leave. So.. yeah. haha.

I got the point of your thread Foxy. I also know by experience where the conversation will flow because of it.

Last edited:
yeah and my post in the other thread wasn't bashing at ALL...it was stating a fact lol

I got the point of your thread Foxy. I also know by experience where the conversation will flow because it.

I entirely understand your position and worry concerning the thread and how it may end up in terms of immature discussion/bashing.

However, the thread is titled 'How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand"' and it is indeed reaction, albeit unfortunate, and it is something which is relevant to this thread is it not?

Last edited:
I entirely understand your position and worry concerning the thread and how it may end up in terms of immature discussion/bashing.

However, the thread is titled 'How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand"' and it is indeed reaction, albeit unfortunate, and it is something which is relevant to this thread is it not?
Foxy, I think I was clear on the distinction. I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Foxy, I think I was clear on the distinction. I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Am I being confusing? I'm not arguing with you, I am agreeing with you! If I cannot post a reaction I have seen on another site in a thread concerning reastions toward the song, then I dont know what to do!

Please, relax I am not being difficult nor argumentative, I appreicate your position completely and I am attempting to be polite also.. If I am still doing something wrong, please let me know?!

I'm not arguing either. I think I replied because you asked a question in your previous post. You may want to go back and check it, and if you do have further questions, just PM me, alright? Thanks.

Okay.. well once again I have managed to upset someone here! Good one Foxy! lol..

Anyway, yeah just to reiterate my points earlier in the thread. You will always get negtivity no matter what Michael does, but this is always weighed out by the sheer fantastic support and positivity he recieves from the dedicated members of his fanbase.

do u guys think it's a good time to push the song now??? help it get it out there? Or wait and let it take it's course, see what Akon and Mike wants to do with this 'leak'.. And once it's officially released to the public/radio then we spread it like wild fire??

I am not sure what we should do??

I am not sure if it's smart to advertize it now as a LEAK.. cuz people will just download it... If we wait till Akon and Mike allow it legally, more people will buy it..

do u guys think it's a good time to push the song now??? help it get it out there? Or wait and let it take it's course, see what Akon and Mike wants to do with this 'leak'.. And once it's officially released to the public/radio then we spread it like wild fire??

I am not sure what we should do??

I am not sure if it's smart to advertize it now as a LEAK.. cuz people will just download it... If we wait till Akon and Mike allow it legally, more people will buy it..
I do think that they need to release it for radio adds this month. My only concern is that there is no legal issues on MJ's side holding things up...

^ ya, I feel like they need to release it and promote it ASAP..

And ya, no legal issues with MJ, but possibly business issues.. it could put a finger in his plans..

I just hope it pushes MJ to push HIS album sooner.. ha ha!!! Cuz knowing Mike and his perfectionist self, he'll keep making tracks for the song untill he's told to stop.. and maybe THIS is the thing to tell him to stop and release it.. lol!

Personally I think this song is gonna be a number #1 summerhit!
I think it have many great tunes, and Michael's vocals in this song is killing me and about everyone I've played the song for!
But we'll have to make it clear that this song is an Akon production, if Michael had to make it all alone, it would sound alot different I think!

Love,
Jayjay

Back