How Are Others Reacting to "Hold my hand" -- thread

Re: non fans reaction to "Hold my hand" thread

All My Peeps Love It

I think this thread is alright. It is good to know what non fans think about the song. Not everyone is a fan of MJ or Akon.

Anyway,

MJ's a legend but why does he constantly have to prove himself, when these other cats can "steal his crown" with one or two average songs themselves?

I have no idea. MJ has nothing to prove to anyone. He did it all. I think that people need to ask themselves why Souja Boy and Lil Wayne, for example, are making music that is degrading and terrible?

haha to be honest...lots of peeps from here post at the Prince board lol

continuing on my google search lol...

a lot of people are saying Akon ruins it lol..or that Mj shouldn't have hooked up with Akon...or that the song would've been better if MJ just sang the whole song. People also keep saying its MICHAEL featuring AKON when it's the other way around. I love this quote from LiveDaily board:

"i thought it would go downhill after Akon shouted KONVICT MUSIC, but it was good"

Also, O/T...I reeeeeally dislike people who come on this board and they go to other boards to talk ish about us :rolleyes: That's reallllly mature as well.

They're also making jokes about MJ and Akon being homosexual.

on a different rant, sometimes i wonder what exactly people want from MJ. MJ obviously is trying to sound fresh and new...but people don't want him to that cuz then he's sinking too low. But if he doesn't do that then he'll be stuck in the past and desperate. Wow oh wow.

But if it was freakin soulja boy or lil wayne with a new song...EVERYONE would be trippin (actually everyone does trip...lil wayne sold 1mil copies in his first week!) and no one can tell me they're better or make BETTER THAN AVERAGE songs.I understand MJ's a legend but why does he constantly have to prove himself, when these other cats can "steal his crown" with one or two average songs themselves?

Go to youtube
one video already has 35 thousand views in one day :wild:
and 95 % positive comments every now and then an
idiot comes in but they are not discussin the music
people are LOVING THIS SONG

Last edited:

I'm tellin ya, this song is gonna be blowing up the radio.

I love the fact that non-fans find this hook listenable, but my take on it is that Akon shouldn't have been involved in it in the first place*giggles* However Michael truly outshines him :p

You know Michael sounds good when haters try to find anything to excuse why he is sounding good. LOL! Take no notice. And I love that Michael will work with anyone who has vision and wants to their best. These idiots just think that MJ should only work with people on his level. That's not an artist. He's not a snob. That's what I love about Michael. If a song is good it doesn't matter who you work with. It's in the melody.

You know Michael sounds good when haters try to find anything to excuse why he is sounding good. LOL! Take no notice. And I love that Michael will work with anyone who has vision and wants to their best. These idiots just think that MJ should only work with people on his level. That's not an artist. He's not a snob. That's what I love about Michael. If a song is good it doesn't matter who you work with. It's in the melody.

Yes,m I love that MJ isn't a snob too and will work with the cleaning lady if she has a good tune. he is a true artist and has confidence in his own ability. One thing I notice about him too, is that he gives 100% to the song, no matter who writes it.:D

Hah peoples want to get rid of Akon's vocals, it would make it alot more enjoyable

And the haterz...pfft. Song gon' be numba one. Eff them.

Actually, it's going to be #1 because aforementioned haters are going to keep listening to it lol. While continually making their MJ jokes to make themselves feel better for liking it.

I love it. Full Stop.

Michael sounds amazing. Almost had tears.

Clean and universal lyrics.

46,182 views on youtube already! my friend says it sounds familiar. catchy chorus though, cant stand da 'konvict music' @ the beginning

Last edited:

I think this thread is alright. It is good to know what non fans think about the song. Not everyone is a fan of MJ or Akon.

Anyway,

I have no idea. MJ has nothing to prove to anyone. He did it all. I think that people need to ask themselves why Souja Boy and Lil Wayne, for example, are making music that is degrading and terrible?

I know what you mean. HE Has NOTHING To Prove. Nothing. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!! For ppl. who say its A Major Come BACK!:tease: R u kidding me???;D:smilerolleyes: HE HASNT BEEN GONE @ all. His Next album is Not a COME BACK. Its JUST ONE OF HIS Genious WORKS!!! :yes::clapping:

http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/akon-and-michael-jackson-hold-my-hand.html

K Czar posted on 06.30.08 at 10:44pm
Damn !! Michael this is on Point !! I really like the feel and vibe of it. Very indicative of what is to come from the gloved one. A very inspirational song. I got goose bumps listening to Mike hit the Mic once more !

D.Jones aka "THE PHANTOM" posted on 07.01.08 at 04:22am
ok ok..i can dig this..its good to hear the king back on a track..Good lookn out Akon..

Bow_Weezy posted on 07.01.08 at 04:31am
Da King Of Ya Pop iz Back !

Zmoney posted on 07.01.08 at 04:39am
Wow Michael with Akon. If some1 could do a body transplant for Michael Jackson that would be cool

desmondh posted on 07.01.08 at 05:50am
It's about time Michael came back.

:punk:

I know I'm repeating myself but I never expected this song'd be so hyped :D Just show how ppl are eager for smt new from Michael :D

my friends are saying they think technology was used to make mj's voice sound better.. completely DISAGREE with that!!

well there are some people who , out of all the hatred and jealousy claim that Michael can't dance, can't sing... what's next? oh yeah, he can't close his eyelids without feeling a lot of pain, he can't walk...

but screw them, we've got some times ahead... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I LOVE this post on this blog (The smoking section).
You think this person is having an identity crisis all while he/she's posting this comment. :lol: PEOPLE CAN'T HELP IT! They can try to hide it by insulting the man but...THEY CAN'T HELP IT!!!

Okay Mike. I’ll hold your hand but only in the company of a third party–ideally an armed third party.
Now is “hand” protool’d as a placeholder for another word? Nevamind.
Actually it’s not a bad joint. It won’t chart beyond the High School Musical crowd…. It’s just too clean. This would’ve been a dope song about 10-15 years ago.
actually it’s still kinda fresh.
LMAOOOOOO

Last edited:

A couple of my mates said it was OK, which coming from them is actually very positive. :) I'm a fan and think it's OK too. It's slightly better than One More Chance but still a bit bland.

mello told me to post this in here ... **goes to read thread**

Yall gotta hear the track in a thumpin' car system ... I never thought I would appreciate my son's car sound system but when it is blasting a new MJ track ... it is heaven !! we drove to the beach and got ice-cream and played 'hold my hand' while we ate our sugar fix. For once, I did not mind the extremely high volume that he chooses to use. The truck was off but the music was jittilating through the body, making it seem like the engine was on. Normally, that volume level would have drawn me out the house to bitch at him, to turn it OFF. Tonight, it drew people like they were hypnotized. Other people playing loud music themselves, turned theirs off to listen to our MJ/Akon mobile. They loved the shit !! There were some MJ haterz, they made some comments but as they did, they were bouncing and moving to the music. For once, I didn't have to shut up the haterz though. Other people shut them down before I had a chance. One of them made a comment about the title of the song ... something like, 'we know who's hand you really want to hold' something like that. This dude ... and I mean a big dude,** his name was Beau ;) ** told him to shut the hell up as he took a sip of his beer. :lol: it was so calm, cool and effortless... like, be quiet or else, because I am enjoying this and you make me fuck you up, you're gonna ruin my moment :giggle: I gave Beau the 411, so that he can find the file when he gets home.

The song created a very positive oooey gooey atomosphere, among a complete potpouri of people. Normally it is a very greasy, ruff, gear head crowd, with some teenagers out pretending they are grown and a few familys strolling around looking at the hot rods. Tonight they were all MJ/Akon fans enjoying a song ... about ten times in a row :lol:

**wonders if Beau is home yet**

:hysterical:

Yall gotta hear the track in a thumpin' car system ... I never thought I would appreciate my son's car sound system but when it is blasting a new MJ track ... it is heaven !! we drove to the beach and got ice-cream and played 'hold my hand' while we ate our sugar fix. For once, I did not mind the extremely high volume that he chooses to use. The truck was off but the music was jittilating through the body, making it seem like the engine was on. Normally, that volume level would have drawn me out the house to bitch at him, to turn it OFF. Tonight, it drew people like they were hypnotized. Other people playing loud music themselves, turned theirs off to listen to our MJ/Akon mobile. They loved the shit !! There were some MJ haterz, they made some comments but as they did, they were bouncing and moving to the music. For once, I didn't have to shut up the haterz though. Other people shut them down before I had a chance. One of them made a comment about the title of the song ... something like, 'we know who's hand you really want to hold' something like that. This dude ... and I mean a big dude,** his name was Beau ;) ** told him to shut the hell up as he took a sip of his beer. :lol: it was so calm, cool and effortless... like, be quiet or else, because I am enjoying this and you make me fuck you up, you're gonna ruin my moment :giggle: I gave Beau the 411, so that he can find the file when he gets home.

The song created a very positive oooey gooey atomosphere, among a complete potpouri of people. Normally it is a very greasy, ruff, gear head crowd, with some teenagers out pretending they are grown and a few familys strolling around looking at the hot rods. Tonight they were all MJ/Akon fans enjoying a song ... about ten times in a row :lol:

WOW :wild: now thats a story!!! now just imagine what can potentially happen when MJ releases his album!!!

SO COOL!!!!!!! I love it! the excitement is coming back, lol!

oh yeah....SEE? see?see??? seeeee???? Michael CAN still sing "smooth", lol, HE WAS ONLY SINGING "ROUGH" CAUSE HE WANTED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Whitney Houston's forum everyone likes it and predicts it's gonna be a smash hit. And on Christina Aguilera's forum everyone likes it. :)

On Whitney Houston's forum everyone likes it and predicts it's gonna be a smash hit. And on Christina Aguilera's forum everyone likes it. :)
what about other fan forums? what are Akon fans saying?

Someone else said that they love it on Prince's fanclub site.....

Love universal yall.

Back