*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

mkgenie

Proud Member
From what I know (believe me its true, mod can ban me if its not), in the movie, the songs appeared in order like this:

1、Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (full performance)
2、Speechless (very very short, if it counts)
3、Jam (full performance)
4、They Don't Really Care About Us (almost full performance) / Drill (short) (green screen) / Bad (short) (green screen)
5、Human Nature (full performance)
6、Smooth Criminal (Dome Project / full performance)
7、The Way You Make Me Feel (Dome Project / full performance)
8、Jackson 5 Medley: I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There (almost full performance)
9、Dance and Shout (Very short, mostly dancers danced, MJ joined in the last part)
10、I Just Can't Stop Loving You (full performance, the last part will blow you away)
11、Thriller (full performance/Dome Project) / Threatened (very short)
12、Beat It (full performance)
13、Black or White (full performance)
14、Earth Song (Dome Project / full performance)
15、Billie Jean (full performance)
16、Man in the Mirror (full performance)
17、This Is It (with the credit rolling, followed by Heal The World Dome project, very short clip)

By the way, the new Smooth Criminal video (Dome Project) include the clips from classic films noir below:

Dead Reckoning
Gilda
In a Lonely Place
Angels With Dirty Faces
The Big Sleep

Michael was in these films' clips. Like Forrest Gump. very funny.

Last edited:
Re: True Setlist of This Is It the Movie

No Dirty Diana :(

But for the rest a very impressive playlist :) I wouldn't have mind Heartbreak Hotel, but I'm not even sure if that was listed as a choice to the fans/rehearsed at all. I love it on the Bad tour :)

I thought he was going to perform dirty Diana? What was the whole thing with the red bed then?

Hugs hunny i deffly know i wont,still dont know weather in going or not i dont know wat to do grrrr argggg :better: xxx

My emotions are all over the place... when i saw the first apparent set list and man in the mirror was not on it i was gutted. Now i have seen it i dunno if i have the strength to do it does that make sense??

I thought he was going to perform dirty Diana? What was the whole thing with the red bed then?

I also hope to see Dirty Diana

But it is just not in the movie. damn

Speechless... omg. this is going to be hard no matter what but that song... along with human nature.. :girl_weeping:

Danielle i cant even hear the opening notes of Mitm and I lose it so I feel you girlie :huggy:

Oh God Speechless :cry: I am going to be a weeping wreck when I come out after seeing this film :cry:

:( ....

...Speechless ho my Kleenex I'll be needing you.

My emotions are all over the place... when i saw the first apparent set list and man in the mirror was not on it i was gutted. Now i have seen it i dunno if i have the strength to do it does that make sense??

I deffy understand babe i have pm ya xxx

Last edited:

Oh God Speechless :cry: I am going to be a weeping wreck when I come out after seeing this film :cry:
You're not the only, believe me. All I have to hear is "Your love is magical" and I'll be a goner for sure :cry:

oooooooooohhhhhh, shake your body?!?!!?!?!?
ooh that dance :girl_in_love:

Oh Man in the mirror!!! Am seriously worrying that i will not be able to handle this film!!! :(

THERE IS NO DOUBT in my mind that I'm gonna be crying(that loud cry) you know when u cant keep it inside anymore.:teary_eyed:..am tearing up just looking at the list.:cry:.. SPEECHLESS(Oh MY LORD) that is my fev. song form Invincible. God give me strength!:pray:

Wasn't "Heal the world" supposed to be in the show? If I remember correctly it was presented at the Memorial by Kenny Ortega as part of it.

Speechless, is my all time favorite song! it's so amazing !

So no Thriller/Threatened then, just Thriller. 'Shake Your Body' is one I can't wait to see. :dancin: Thanks for sharing this info with us.

weird to almost start a show with a slow song...
if it's really this right list, well, ok...
and no invincible song except speechless... no you rock my world...

OMG im gunna be crying when he sings speechless, i cry when i listen to the normal song let alone seeing him perform it. And man in the mirror will get me too. :(

Am so glad Vince got a look in with Speechless :-D (and, hopefully, Threatened in with Thriller). Hope it makes it onto the OST, just for a bit of variety tbh.

Of course this wasn't necessarily the entire set list for the live show, just what Kenny et al have edited together for the movie. We know Mike rehearsed DD, Dangerous, HTW and WATW, so I guess they *may* be on the DVD/Blu-Ray as extras?

Speechless... omg. this is going to be hard no matter what but that song... along with human nature.. :girl_weeping:

Danielle i cant even hear the opening notes of Mitm and I lose it so I feel you girlie :huggy:

Man in the mirror has always been my fave Michael song but know i cant even bare to listen to it! Every time i watch a tribute to Michael on the TV i always have to turn off before the end because i know they will use MITM to end the show with a montage off clips from Michaels career and it just breaks my heart a little bit more each time!!!

Man in the mirror has always been my fave Michael song but know i cant even bare to listen to it! Every time i watch a tribute to Michael on the TV i always have to turn off before the end because i know they will use MITM to end the show with a montage off clips from Michaels career and it just breaks my heart a little bit more each time!!!

I know how you feel :cry:
Just the first notes of that song get me everytime,the memorial comes flooding back when they took him out of the Staples centre at the end of the memorial :cry:

I am already dreading the end of the film it is going to be so heartbreaking :cry:

But for the rest a very impressive playlist :) I wouldn't have mind Heartbreak Hotel, but I'm not even sure if that was listed as a choice to the fans/rehearsed at all. I love it on the Bad tour :)

I read on the Wiki page [not always reliable I know] that when TII gets released on DVD there will be tons of extra rehearsal footage so I'm guessing all the songs played during the rehearsals that were recorded will appear on a future DVD release.

Back