*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

Re: True Setlist of This Is It the Movie

So no Thriller/Threatened then, just Thriller. 'Shake Your Body' is one I can't wait to see. :dancin: Thanks for sharing this info with us.

there is a small piece of instrumental Threatened at the end of the Thriller. You'll see.

Speechless. Wow... I'm even more excited to see this now.

I dont know if this list is right.. Heal the World should def be on there along with We Are The World how they were performed in MJ's memorial. Kenny Ortega said that it was a performance right out of the TII show that Michael loved very much. Also in the memorial was a re-done version of Will You Be There that presented on the screen with MJ's new vocals. And I also cant see this concert without You Are Not Alone being done. And what about Scream and Dangerous?!?!?!?! there are toooo many songs!!!! Im sure that whatever is in the finished project would be great but we're always gonna want more!!!

Nothing about memorial in the movie.

I could have sworn I saw him rehearsing Dangerous in the trailer (gold pants). I guess we'll see.

Amanda

I thought he was going to perform dirty Diana? What was the whole thing with the red bed then?
he was but i think they're trying to keep this movie PG. it'll most likely on the dvd

I dont know if this list is right.. Heal the World should def be on there along with We Are The World how they were performed in MJ's memorial. Kenny Ortega said that it was a performance right out of the TII show that Michael loved very much. Also in the memorial was a re-done version of Will You Be There that presented on the screen with MJ's new vocals. And I also cant see this concert without You Are Not Alone being done. And what about Scream and Dangerous?!?!?!?! there are toooo many songs!!!! Im sure that whatever is in the finished project would be great but we're always gonna want more!!!
oh yeah, we'll just have to wait and see

he was but i think they're trying to keep this movie PG. it'll most likely on the dvd

ITA regarding DD.

Speechless. . . I'm so happy to see him perform this. It's my fave song off of Vince.

But, omg. .. .NO SONGS FROM OFF THE WALL?!?!?! How could that be?

I want "You rock my world" :((((((((((((((

But it's good to see Invincible get some loves

The set list from the MOVIE I'm assuming is COMPLETELY different from what it would be for the show right? This is just the order of the songs they selected to show, with the knowledge a lot more were rehearsed and were going to be performed but will be on DVD later right?

Hope to see more on DVD (Dirty Diana/Dangerous...)

BUT

Speechless, OMG.. that's a gift from Heaven...

The set list from the MOVIE I'm assuming is COMPLETELY different from what it would be for the show right? This is just the order of the songs they selected to show, with the knowledge a lot more were rehearsed and were going to be performed but will be on DVD later right?

I think that's probably right.

I couldn't imagine the second song of an actual concert being a ballad.

I actually hope this list is true, because seeing Speechless would be a dream. I hope he sang it live.

Yes thanks for the info but considering Dangerous and Dirty Diana were rehearsed somehow I doubt that is simply the setlist. I will wait for the movie and see (or the album which comes out before the movie which will obviously tell us the true setlist). :)

damn Michael is going to do me in when he sings Human Nature. Excited about him doing Dance and Shout...

Kenny Ortega tweeted a couple of days ago he was hard at work trying to finish the movie.Maybe due to keeping the film to a certain amount of time & not showing all the songs so to sell unseen footage on the DVD is probably the reason we won't see everything at the cinema.

FAKE list!'

Dirty Diana was going to be performed and it included the bed seen on many pictures and also in the trailer and teaser. It would include a magic trick.

No offence mkgenie but I'm choosing not to believe that list. Sorry :(

WOOOOW Great set list sad that he didnt make Scream :(

he did rehearse dirty diana because we've heard the audio.
Maybe the set list was going to be different each night ?

Kenny Ortega tweeted a couple of days ago he was hard at work trying to finish the movie.Maybe due to keeping the film to a certain amount of time & not showing all the songs so to sell unseen footage on the DVD is probably the reason we won't see everything at the cinema.

The movie will contain interviews and a restrospective of Mj career, so I think they will not show all the songs Mj did for this it tour, those will be included on the dvd or another future dvd release

I remember soem site saying there will be 2 special editions of the dvd

No offence mkgenie but I'm choosing not to believe that list. Sorry :(

I don't care if you choose to believe me or not

but what I told you here is true.

when movie comes out, you all have to believe me.

Mark my words and mods can close this thread and open it after it is going to be proved.

FAKE list!'

Dirty Diana was going to be performed and it included the bed seen on many pictures and also in the trailer and teaser. It would include a magic trick.

NO DIRTY DIANA AT ALL. SORRY.

Okay?

By the way, I have heard the new song "This Is It". It is a mid-tempo ballad, like We've Had Enough.

Last edited:

Am going to be crying my eyes out, especially since I was a wreck just watching the trailer. Wonder how long they will show of the songs though?? I also thought Dirty Diana and Heal The World was in it, unless they just leaving it for the dvd?!

Speechless is a short live version, A capella

and also MJ sang a short spanish version of "I just cant stop loving you" to Kenny, which is cute.

Mark my words and wait until the day when movie comes out, then you'll see if I'm right or wrong, fake or real.

I just want to share the first hand info with you. but I get this. wow

So I stop here. I will not tell you anything more.

Last edited:

I don't care if you choose to believe me or not

but what I told you here is true.

when movie comes out, you all have to believe me.

Mark my words and mods can close this thread and open it after it is going to be proved.

NO DIRTY DIANA AT ALL. SORRY.

Okay?

By the way, I have heard the new song "This Is It". It is a mid-tempo ballad, like We've Had Enough.

Oh, mkgenie, I believe you. I just have 2 question for you if you don't mind:

1. Do you know if "This Is It" is really an old song from the 80's? If so, is it a recent recorded version or what?

2. Is the interview with family and friends part taking a lot of the movie's screen time? Since I think I really don't care that much about those.

Thanks.

Yeah, is This Is It a new song or old??

um i thought THRILLER was opening the show?.?.?

-Dal

Oh, mkgenie, I believe you. I just have 2 question for you if you don't mind:

1. Do you know if "This Is It" is really an old song from the 80's? If so, is it a recent recorded version or what?

2. Is the interview with family and friends part taking a lot of the movie's screen time? Since I think I really don't care that much about those.

Thanks.

Excellent question... I too would like to know the answer to this....

mkgenie - Have you seen the film?

Back