Stop supporting Sony Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

killa.bee

Proud Member
Don't buy anything that's released by Sony Music

DOWNLOAD everything everything everything

Michael is passed so there ain't no money in it for him anymore .
All your money goes to ugly disgusting devils money hungry wolves .

Michael would sue Sony for doing this if he still was alive he is abused by Sony and left the record label remember all of his speeches where he was just dissing Sony by telling yea there's a boxset coming with two songs it I wrote like ages ago .

I'm sorry if this sound mean but all of you fans that are buying this album are morons . This is a friendly rip off and you know it .

How many greatest hits where released ever since Invincible came out

The Essential
Number Ones
The Ultimate Collection
King Of Pop
Greatest Hits vol. 1
The Best of Michael Jackson & the Jackson Five
The Collection
The definitive collection
and all the re-releases of thriller off the wall bad and dangerous

just download the song if it comes out and boycot Sony
We need to stand up for our right , where is the peoples that fight the power ? did we lost the spirit ?
If you is a true fan and want to support Michael you're not buying this.

Don't support Sony I'm an artist myself and I know how Sony works they don't give meat about their artists .

Michael was so happy that his fans supported him to destroy this evil Tommy Mottola and Sony Music so why suddently stop when he's dead ? that's not loyal

I'm not buying !

Michael would sue Sony for doing this if he still was alive he is abused by Sony and left the record label remember all of his speeches where he was just dissing Sony by telling yea there's a boxset coming with two songs it I wrote like ages ago .

I'm sorry if this sound mean but all of you fans that are buying this album are morons . This is a friendly rip off and you know it .

The Essential
Number Ones
The Ultimate Collection
King Of Pop
Greatest Hits vol. 1
The Collection

We need to stand up for our right , where is the peoples that fight the power ? did we lost the spirit ?

Don't support Sony I'm an artist myself and I know how Sony works they don't give meat about their artists .

Michael was so happy that his fans supported him to destroy this evil Tommy Mottola and Sony Music so why suddently stop when he's dead ? that's not loyal

I'm not buying !

This is silly. Michael's estate will get royalties for all of these releases. They will get nothing from illegal downloads.

The Essential
Number Ones
The Ultimate Collection
King Of Pop
Greatest Hits vol. 1
The Collection

I'm not buying !

I´m with you!!!

While the overall anger at Sony is understandable, Michael's estate is pulling in a truckload of money because of his stake in Sony. Yes, buying a Sony/MJ product is giving money to Sony, but also an equal share to his estate/heirs.

Everyone can do want they want, but at this point, sure you may be hurting Sony, but also hurting his estate by refusing to purchase anything r/t to it.

Maybe I'm misinformed on this, and Sony may be trying to milk every penny from it, but his estate is also cashing in, bottom line.

jmo from what I believe to be the actual breakdown here.

Was Michael under contract with Sony Music when he died or wasn't he???.

The estate is rich enough!

Maybe rich right now, but down the line, why would someone want to see his children not receive profits from his legacy? Missing something here:scratch:.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I fully support this, because of Michael's own words, well-known, about Sony. That never changed, to my knowledge.

Do what you want. But, I will NOT buy anything from Sony, out of respect for Michael.

carry on,

Vic

I'm not buying !

Tommy Mottola was fired shortly after the protest.

And sorry to say - but MJ still owns a part of Sony, which I will support because it's MJs.

This is silly. Michael's estate will get royalties for all of these releases. They will get nothing from illegal downloads.

Thank you.

It is sad that people don't educate themselves before writing crap.

so we are not being respectful to michael because we are going to buy his music still which will there for also help the children in the long run???

We ARE respectful of Michael. That is what this board is all about.

Michael had issues with Sony, and I think this should be mindfully explored and learned about. It's not ALL about the money, but quality of life, including his children. They are among the richest people in America, with or without Sony. From everything I've seen/learned about them, they are GOOD people, raised well, and they love their father. It's not all about the money. . they will be secure for the rest of their lives. Personally, I canNOT wait for Prince to come-of-age, and take charge of all of this. .

Do what you will do. I've stated my opinion, about what justice means in this case. Others might have different opinions, and I respect that, too.

I'm leaving this thread now. Even though it will be unpopular, and I KNOW that, I do believe that Michael's children would want JUSTICE more than money. They will be fine.

Sony and Michael had an adversarial relationship, never resolved, since the NON-promotion of Invincible. I give his children more credit than just raking in the wealth. It's not as if they are going HOMELESS, now is it?

Integrity is worth more than money. Justice is worth more than money.

Leaving this thread now, knowing that many disagree. So sorry, but. .yeah, I stand firm on this.

Buh-bye.

Vic

Thank you.

It is sad that people don't educate themselves before writing crap.

Me , I'm not writing crap

Michael's estate has enough money .
You didn't listen enough to Michael's lyrics if you think money is that important . I don't think Michael wanted to raise his kids to NOT work . They already have millions why make them richer when you know you're making Sony Music richer ?

I don't think Michael would've wanted the way it goes right now just look at the disgusting way they are promoting This is it djee it's like they planned his death ( and I strongly believe that ) .

The only thing I know Michael agreed with was that Opus book that they are releasing and that's not even Sony Music .

Kids need to learn the value of hard work and that's what Michael always said that hard works pays off maybe literally but Michael also worked hard on his craft .

Any responsible parent should think that way . Michael wanted to give his kids a normal life . Having millions at a young age will only make you lousy without any good raise and since I don't trust anyone of the Jackson family I doubt the kids will get the raise Michael would give them .

Drama queen

Why calling that person a drama queen?
Because he or she is telling the truth

I think the estate is more than 10 million dollars and this is just a guess I think it's way more but what I don't know I'm not talking .

The 2nd richest man in the world, Warren Buffet , is also just leaving a small part of all his money to his children and 90 procent goes to charity .

I think Michael would've wanted the same way : enough to enjoy but not enough to make a living of it .

I think the estate is more than 10 million dollars and this is just a guess I think it's way more but what I don't know I'm not talking .

The 2nd richest man in the world, Warren Buffet , is also just leaving a small part of all his money to his children and 90 procent goes to charity .

I think Michael would've wanted the same way : enough to enjoy but not enough to make a living of it .

In this instance, Arty is expressing an opinion, and I happen to agree with it. PLEASE, no one call names here, but discuss? Thank you.

Mj has already stated, in his will, what he wants to do with his money. Have you forgotten that there are debts to be paid.
If you ain't buying, why are you try to make others feel guilt? Anyway don't steal the music if you ain't buying it.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I fully support this, because of Michael's own words, well-known, about Sony. That never changed, to my knowledge.

Do what you want. But, I will NOT buy anything from Sony, out of respect for Michael.

carry on,

Vic

True Words!!!

So that means the kids should stop benefiting from there fathers amazing music?? I dont agree sorry!

The kids are millionaires. It´s always the same excuse. Why do people here bring always the kids into discussion when we talk about Sony??
It has nothing to do with his kids. We shouldn´t talk about them in that way it´s disrespectful. The last thing the kids need right now is money. So please stop the money-kids debate!
It´s about Sony.

Last edited:
We ARE respectful of Michael. That is what this board is all about.

Michael had issues with Sony, and I think this should be mindfully explored and learned about. It's not ALL about the money, but quality of life, including his children. They are among the richest people in America, with or without Sony. From everything I've seen/learned about them, they are GOOD people, raised well, and they love their father. It's not all about the money. . they will be secure for the rest of their lives. Personally, I canNOT wait for Prince to come-of-age, and take charge of all of this. .

Do what you will do. I've stated my opinion, about what justice means in this case. Others might have different opinions, and I respect that, too.

While I respect your viewpoint, and that the children are secure financially at this time, I do believe that can and might change as years go by without the Sony aspect of things. The law suits keep pouring in, the past debts still remain, the upkeep of the family is ongoing, the issue with Mottola is pretty much a non-issue at this time. Until MJ's estate is completely clear of any involvement with Sony, Michael/Sony is an entity of vast value that will provide a guaranteed income for years to come or until the children have a means of income of their own, the "estate" being the primary income at this time.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but in this instance, denying income to Sony with Michael's stake in it, just isnt't making financial sense to me. By me not buying something put out by Sony isn't going to change the fact that his 50% (or whatever it is) ownership isn't going into his estate's pocket until invested otherwise. It just means that less will be going into his estate. Not sure I want to judge that it is not going to affect his children's life 10-20 years down the road from a deserved financial standpoint, especially considering the leeches and malcontents that will milking this for quite awhile to come.

I have already stopped buying material from Sony.. The last purchase was the Ultimate collection.

will only by another sony released record if its New material...

But I rather wait for the day when the estate ties up with another lable come 2011 & releases New material thru them..

However, I have bought tickets to "This is It" film for 3 consecutive days....

While I respect your viewpoint, and that the children are secure financially at this time, I do believe that can and might change as years go by without the Sony aspect of things. The law suits keep pouring in, the past debts still remain, the upkeep of the family is ongoing, the issue with Mottola is pretty much a non-issue at this time. Until MJ's estate is completely clear of any involvement with Sony, Michael/Sony is an entity of vast value that will provide a guaranteed income for years to come or until the children have a means of income of their own, the "estate" being the primary income at this time.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but in this instance, denying income to Sony with Michael's stake in it, just isnt't making financial sense to me. By me not buying something put out by Sony isn't going to change the fact that his 50% (or whatever it is) ownership isn't going into his estate's pocket until invested otherwise. It just means that less will be going into his estate. Not sure I want to judge that it is not going to affect his children's life 10-20 years down the road from a deserved financial standpoint, especially considering the leeches and malcontents that will milking this for quite awhile to come.

i agree. that's a fantastic post.

I understand your viewpoint. I await the children's coming-of-age, and THEIR viewpoints. There is much more to life than money, and the movie, the DVD, the touring memorabilia, and so much else, will provide for them extremely well. An excess of money is its own burden, in a way.

Yeah, you might be missing something here. Justice for Michael? Their FATHER? There is much more to life than money, and we will have to agree to disagree here. Michael never reconciled with Sony. His LAST original album, they failed to promote. Time will tell. . .I await the maturity of the CHILDREN. . . . to make it right. Michael raised them wth values and integrity, and I will trust them, in the future. (My own child is in college and works in a kitchen, to help support herself. This is a GOOD thing, in terms of life-experience. . ..)

Carry on, and now, I'm really outta here. I expected as much, so. . yeah. At least I said what I had to say.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back