Stop supporting Sony Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling people morons for buying the This Is It album is totally uncalled for. No one should be made to feel bad for supporting MJ's legacy and his estate.
I want to see MJ do well in the charts. It shows people that he is still popular and still loved.
I don't approve of the fact that Sony are giving us another greatest hits album, but it contains new material and it will support MJ's estate. So I will be buying it.
Illegally downloading music hurts the entire music industry and the artists are the ones who ultimately suffer.

Michael is not here anymore. But his legacy and his children are.
So do you really want to see MJ's music fail just to spite Sony? Because that is pure selfishness and the consequences are nothing but damaging to what MJ has left behind for us to uphold and protect.

So what ? Who cares about Sony Music artists ? They all suck they're not artists at all . Real artists aren't signed with major labels some of the realest artists don't even get a record deal because they don't fit in the commercial idea ( sex , drugs and violence ) to get their stuff played on television and the radio . Unless you talk about how many hoes you got , how many money you're making ( even if you're broke ) how many people shot you you're not interesting .

You really think I give a crumble about those fake puppets ? They can all go broke and I'll sleep like I slept yesterday , even better .

Was Michael under contract with Sony Music when he died or wasn't he???.
no his 91 contract eneded in 03.never bought anything from sony anyway except obviously mj stuff (proper releases not G.hits) ppl can do what they. theres slightly bigger issues if some had forgotten

Calling people morons for buying the This Is It album is totally uncalled for. No one should be made to feel bad for supporting MJ's legacy and his estate.
I want to see MJ do well in the charts. It shows people that he is still popular and still loved.
I don't approve of the fact that Sony are giving us another greatest hits album, but it contains new material and it will support MJ's estate. So I will be buying it.
Illegally downloading music hurts the entire music industry and the artists are the ones who ultimately suffer.

Michael is not here anymore. But his legacy and his children are.
So do you really want to see MJ's music fail just to spite Sony? Because that is pure selfishness and the consequences are nothing but damaging to what MJ has left behind for us to uphold and protect.

No it's you that's crazy Why should Michael Jackson still proove himself ?
Why should we show the world that Michael still is the number one artist ?
People who didn't believe it a month ago still won't believe it right now
Michael is one of the most succesful artists in the whole world having the best selling record of all time etc etc etc
There is nothing that he should proove anymore in fact it is very insulting because all the records Michael broke aren't convincing enough to you?

Boycot Sony and all of their lowlife artists who gives a crumble about Katie Price ? You really want to support artists of that caliber ? Because that's Sony Music

So what ? Who cares about Sony Music artists ? They all suck they're not artists at all . Real artists aren't signed with major labels some of the realest artists don't even get a record deal because they don't fit in the commercial idea ( sex , drugs and violence ) to get their stuff played on television and the radio . Unless you talk about how many hoes you got , how many money you're making ( even if you're broke ) how many people shot you you're not interesting .

You really think I give a crumble about those fake puppets ? They can all go broke and I'll sleep like I slept yesterday , even better .

what a careing nature you have :bugeyed

No it's you that's crazy Why should Michael Jackson still proove himself ?
Why should we show the world that Michael still is the number one artist ?
People who didn't believe it a month ago still won't believe it right now
Michael is one of the most succesful artists in the whole world having the best selling record of all time etc etc etc
There is nothing that he should proove anymore in fact it is very insulting because all the records Michael broke aren't convincing enough to you?

Boycot Sony and all of their lowlife artists who gives a crumble about Katie Price ? You really want to support artists of that caliber ? Because that's Sony Music
Um...I didn't say anywhere in my previous post that I thought you were crazy, so you either need an eye test or a BRAIN!
Please get over yourself. Your juvenile whining is pathetic and annoying.
Of course Michael doesn't have to prove himself. But there is nothing wrong with supporting his estate and if you think there is then you are insane. End of story.

^ :lol:

This thread only makes people argue with each other.

Calotte12, you don't realise that Michael has nothing to do with this CD... You can't "do it" (buy it) for him, because there is no point... He is not with us anymore...

Michael is still here for charts, and he has to perform well on the charts.

Thats the only thing fans can do now to preserve MJ legacy on a global view.

oh hell why don't you just go all out and boycott the entire Sony Music label? :smilerolleyes:

It will mean stealing from all your favourite artists under these sub labels

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Music_Entertainment_labels

Columbia Records
* Ruffhouse Records
Epic Records
* Daylight Records
Legacy Recordings
Burgundy Records
* RCA Music Group
* RCA Records
* Bluebird Records
* Arista Records
* J Records
** Full Surface Records
** US Records
** Polo Grounds Music
Zomba Label Group
* Battery Records
* LaFace Records
* Jive Records
* Silvertone Records
* Verity Records
* GospoCentric Records
* Volcano Records
Provident Music Group
* Provident Label Group
** Brentwood Records
** Benson Records
** Essential Records
** Flicker Records
** Beach Street Records
** Reunion Records
** Praise Hymn Music Group
** Provident Special Markets
Provident-Integrity Distribution
RED Distribution
* Red Ink Records (Netherlands)
Sony Nashville
* Arista Nashville
* BNA Records
* RCA Nashville
* Columbia Nashville
* Open Wide
Sony Masterworks
* Playbill Records
* Masterworks Broadway Records
* RCA Victor Red Seal Records
* Sony Classical
* Sony Broadway
* Odyssey Records
* Arte Nova Classics
* Deutsche Harmonia Mundi
Sony Music International Companies
* Sony Music UK
** Columbia Records UK
** RCA Label Group
** Sony CMG
** Syco Music
** Phonogenic Records
* Sony Music Japan
* Sony Music Thailand
** Bakery Music
* Sony Music Germany
** GUN Records
** X-Cell Records

Read those lists of recording artists on the label pages and face it, a few people boycotting Sony will not damage their company or their income in any significant way. You will however be hurting the artists. If their sales decline, the record company will simply drop them from the label and the artist/group is left to pick up the scraps of their career.
If you got your way and everyone downloaded the TII soundtrack illegally instead of buying it legitimately, then you can forget about continuing Michael's legacy cause that's not what you will be doing. The album will flop, the media will have a field day with it and it'll be Invincible pt 2 all over again. People will say he's washed up and no one cares about his music anymore. If that's what you want so be it. But since this is a Michael Jackson fan board, I think it's safe to assume you are outnumbered and in the minority. From what I can see, most people here want to see Michael at #1 where he belongs.
So if you want to justify breaking the law as Korgnex said, because you don't like that there are a lot of compilations of MJ's music (like there are for all major recording artists, living or not) go ahead, but why try to drag other people down to piracy? Not cool.

Totally agree with this!

Michael is still here for charts, and he has to perform well on the charts.

Thats the only thing fans can do now to preserve MJ legacy on a global view.

And why excatly should we care about chart position?
You know why I become a fan? I heard Billie Jean and i said to myself : whoever sings this, he is one of the best singers i have heard... And then I started buying his albums.
I care for new songs. I care for music. I don't care about chart position. If new album would be released, i would buy at least 2 copies... But i don't give a damn about those hits collections...

Let me ask you something:
If you would have to choose:

This is It becomes 2nd best selling album, but it contains only 5 new songs...

Or this:

New album, with 20 great songs is released, but sells only 1 million copies and is soon forgotten.

What would you people choose?

My Opinion...

Its not about boycotting the whole of Sony Corporation...

Its about boycotting the re-issues of the back catalogue evey 6 months under a New name..

If New material is released on Sony, then I will but it n buy multiple copies of it. However a 2CD set forced on fans when all we want is the One New song, is coercion. Let the New song also release as a single so that we can have a No-1 single.

Also, important to seperate the Sony Publishing company from the music company.. Mike own 50% in the Publishing company & not Sony Corporation.

Another suggestion if you want to support the estate monetarily & see Mike rule the charts....then why not buy the Original Albums instead of another G.H....

This way the money still goes to the Estate & also improves the sales record of Mike..(not that it needs any addition). Why not bridge the gap between Thriller with others i.e., Bad, Dangerous, History....

Lastly, we dont know if sony wants to release new material or not.. Maybe they do and maybe the Estate does not want that to happen. Coz in 2 years time they can negotiate the release of New music with all potential companies & not just Phony....

Of course! This explains everything. You obviously are philosophically against artists who sign contracts with major labels. So this campaign to boycott Michael's Sony releases is part of a larger issue for you. It is true that there are lots of really talented artists who for whatever reasons don't have a major label contract or minor label contract for that matter. This doesn't make them morally better or worse than artists who do sign contracts or more "real". Perhaps we should all be a little less judgemental and stop with the name calling. The music industry is in a period of major transition right now. Hopefully when all is said and done there will be a system that will allow independent artists to reach their audience while at the same time requiring music companies to deal fairly with the artists that they do sign. Btw, I don't remember Michael taking about how many "hoes" he had.

We have to get out and buy this album and encourage our friends to buy it too not boycott it. We should be trying . to get Michael back to the No1 spot and not sabotaging the album. Sony are a business company, all that matters to them is sales which is understandable but it's Michaels name on the album so we have to get behind it.

So that means the kids should stop benefiting from there fathers amazing music?? I dont agree sorry!
So that means the fans should be continually ripped off from Sony just for the sake of MJ's children?? I dont agree sorry!
smiley.gif

Absolutely my last word here. There is MORE to life than money. There is integrity. Honor. Preservation of a legacy. Respect. More. . . I expect great things of Michael's children. . Profits are NOT the bottom-line. . . . .

ive said it before in other posts...but what do you expect will come of michaels name and legacy if this album is a failure because we wont buy it? People who have no knowledge of the industry AND the media will not understand/focus on the fact thie album didnt sell because sony are a bunch of arses... they will see it/report it as Michaels material being a flop. People without industry knowledge see MICHAELs name on the front of the album, and dont even think about the label... so they will base their opinions and fire their ammunition at that.

what so you see as a more realistic tabloid headline:

'MJ ALBUM FLOP - SONY BOYCOTTED'

or...

'MJ ALBUM FLOP - MUSIC ROTS WITH DEAD KING OF POP'

The tabloid bastards who love to run michaels name down to the ground will love it, and the general population who little knowledge of the industry will assume it didnt sell cus Michael just wernt all that.

ive said it before in other posts...but what do you expect will come of michaels name and legacy if this album is a failure because we wont buy it? People who have no knowledge of the industry AND the media will not understand/focus on the fact thie album didnt sell because sony are a bunch of arses... they will see it/report it as Michaels material being a flop. People without industry knowledge see MICHAELs name on the front of the album, and dont even think about the label... so they will base their opinions and fire their ammunition at that.

or...

The tabloid bastards who love to run michaels name down to the ground will love it, and the general population who little knowledge of the industry will assume it didnt sell cus Michael just wernt all that.

Here here, well said.

at the end of the day its all pretty irrelevent a few hundred if that fans boycotting cause its sony is hardly gonna make a difference to the success or failure of this

or...

Who cares about tabloid?? Grow up!!

or...

So you're going to buy everything that comes out that has MJ's name on it just because you don't want to see MJ "fail"? If Sony releases a new greatest hits collection every year you're going to buy it?

I think we're all going to disagree about this, and all are very passionate about our own opinions on this matter. which is cool because passion for something is what drives the world to change...but we should probably all stop debating it. I doubt Michael would ever have wanted his fans and friends who he loved some much arguing and being negative towards each other. Sony are shit, michael felt that way, and we all feel that way... but the negativity we throw at each other on this topic just aint cool.

at the end of the day its all pretty irrelevent a few hundred if that fans boycotting cause its sony is hardly gonna make a difference to the success or failure of this

Few hundred......that is I´m sorry not the reality! I have over 100 MJ fans around the world in my friendlist alone who will boycott the cd. I think 1000s of MJ fans will boycott the CD and it will hurt Sony!

So you're going to buy everything that comes out that has MJ's name on it just because you don't want to see MJ "fail"? If Sony releases a new greatest hits collection every year you're going to buy it?

yeh probably *shrugs* but its my money.

or...

So you would rather become a sony puppet buy the 122 Greates Hits album because of other peoples opinions than standing up for your belief?? ........

Just a question. I want to know how far you will got to support the Sony bastards. Will you even become a puppet??

What about your belief. You said Sony is shit-Did you forget it??

Sony are shit, michael felt that way.

Last edited:
So you would rather become a sony puppet buy the 122 Greates Hits album because of other peoples opinions than standing up for your belief?? ........

Just a question. I want to know how far you will got to support the Sony bastards. Will you even become a puppet??

I don’t give a shit about sony… I don’t see myself as their ‘puppet’ because I don’t consider sony or their losses/gains when I buy music, I consider whether or not I will enjoy the music/support the musician (and if you reply ‘hes dead who gives a shit’, please, come up with a better argument)

I want to hear This is it, the new arrangement that is on some of the songs, and the poem... Im not gunna get them any other way, so yeh, im gunna buy it.

and please dont edit my cut my quotes so it looks like i was suggesting something i wasnt and contradicting myself... there was alot more to that 'michael thought sony were shit' post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back