Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray Dec '09 or Jan '10?

Predict when DVD will be released

• November or December 2009

Votes: 127 50.6%
  • January or February 2010

Votes: 104 41.4%
  • March, April 2010

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • May, June 2010

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • It will be released after June 2010

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

GoldenLady

Proud Member
Excuse me for a moment, I'm in another world
I think it should go to DVD instead of to the theaters. I mean Michael is so special to me and I don't want to be around a bunch of popcorn eating rude people in a theater. It would be a much more magical experience in the comfort of my own home and around the people I love. And of course I don't want people to see me choking on my tears lol.

Re: This Is It on DVD

Amen to that! Much as I am really looking forward to this I am dreading the fact that I know I will cry through it! Lights up and I'll have the ole red eye! :D

Well I doubt we will have to wait long for it to come out on DVD. There will probably be like three different editions. Possibly an expensive limited edition that only avid fans like us will buy because it will cost a bomb. :cheeky:
I don't fancy seeing it in the cinema either. I want to be comfortable and watch it alone, or possibly with my sister.

Yes,I'm not to happy about seeing it in the cinema also.But it does have it's advantages.For example the big big screen and the surround sound along with it will make the experience amazing.I have a home cinema system at home,but still...it's not quite the same. :)

i have to agree with yous. i am very greatful for them putting it in the cinema like but i believe it would mean much more if you were to watch it at home, where you can properly take it all in, and pause it, and so forth. x

after premier in cinema in new year we will got blu-ray (with some binus i think) and dvd (without bonus i think) i will buy any price blu-ray and dvd :D

NO - the DVD/Blu-Ray will hopefully be out this year. I think it will be released in time to the christmas sale.

yeah it will be hard seeing it in the movie theaters...I read some where that it was only going to run for 2 weeks in the movie theaters...I dont know how accurate this is. So maybe it will be out on dvd sooner that we think..

It's bound to be released by Christmas on DVD.

I think it should go to DVD instead of to the theaters. I mean Michael is so special to me and I don't want to be around a bunch of popcorn eating rude people in a theater. It would be a much more magical experience in the comfort of my own home and around the people I love. And of course I don't want people to see me choking on my tears lol.

I agree completly. Of course if by then they announced it will come out on dvd I will still go to cinema to watch.The only thing is as you said I'll have to chose who I bring with me carefully cos no doubt I will shed a tear.
I also agree with the post that says it'll be out for christmas .It's going to be an evpensive time with all the stuf that will be released!!

I know im gonna cry like an idiot in the cinema, but that aint gonna stop me going and seeing it, so what what people think of me.

Got my ps3 with blu-ray, 117cm HDTV and dolby sourround set ready for Michael!
He's going to rock in my house!!!
Hope the blu-ray has a lot of extra's.
I'm also buying the dvd to put in a frame with my this is it shirt and 2 tickets.

I'm going to the cinema aswell, because I can't wait untill the blu-ray is out.

hmmm...can't stop thinking about that they're getting money from that:( gaining A LOT of money over MJ's death...i know it's something never seen blah blah blah..but don't want AEG getting $$$
correct me if i'm wrong...i hope children will get most of those money

I hate going to the theater! It's stinky, cold, and your feet always stick to the floor. Now if they show it in the IMAX, then...maybe. But I'm just going to wait for it to come on DVD

hmmm...can't stop thinking about that they're getting money from that:( gaining A LOT of money over MJ's death...i know it's something never seen blah blah blah..but don't want AEG getting $$$
Don't worry, hun. Michael's estate is getting 90% of the profits.

I think a good portion of the money needs to go to the performers and the band he was with, they put so much effort into these shows, had 50 shows lined up and didn't book anything else to do because they were booked up for the rest of the year pretty much. Then he died, and now they have nothing. Also everyone involved in making the concert possible (the backstage crew who helped organize everything on stage). THEN, the kids, they will be taken care of either way.

I definitely be getting the DVD and probably go to the movies. I haven't been in at least 12 years!

Anyone in Surrey in the UK wannna meet when it's shown in the cinema?

Don't worry, hun. Michael's estate is getting 90% of the profits.

That is soo nice. They are gonna make ALOT of money from this.

Its going to theatres only for 2 weeks then it will go to DVD. Its a smart business decision and will make more money for the estate. I dont see a prob with it. Some people just need to be patient.

I will see it at the theater because I just want that big screen sound and effect. But I will definitely buy the DVD too.

I'm just going to buy the DVD. I would end up getting it anyway, and so I don't really see the point of spending money at the movies as well. Also, like someone pointed out earlier, I don't want to be around a bunch of potentially rude audience members while I'm watching this. :(

I think that its a good thing its going to be in the cinemas, and with it being a two week run, the people watching it with you would have tried hard to get tickets and will most probably be huge fans, feeling the same way as you do about watching it! I understand why some people want to wait until the dvd release, but i do think it would be a good experience in the cinema though.

Its going to theatres only for 2 weeks then it will go to DVD. Its a smart business decision and will make more money for the estate. I dont see a prob with it. Some people just need to be patient.

Yes I agree, and 2 weeks for the real fans to see it before others, because real fans will make sure they are there first. I don't think I can be patient :)

I'll be going a few times while it's in the cinema just to see people's reactions and the "buzz" from the crowd. Since I have been alive there has never been a MJ movie at the local cinemas. This is a big deal for me! I don't mind paying $10 to get in, this is a once in a lifetime event. I want it to be successful too, so the media can report the long line ups and huge sales. Also, I would hope the DVD comes out by late November but that might be a stretch. If the film gets out of theaters by mid-November that only gives them 2 weeks to get that DVD into stores. It might too soon. Who knows, Sony will have a plan for sure.

Amen to that! Much as I am really looking forward to this I am dreading the fact that I know I will cry through it! Lights up and I'll have the ole red eye! :D

I agree, Di!! I still want to see it in the theatre here though, if it comes here. I will be there with my shirt on!!!

I completely disagree. What they're doing is perfect, and I want to see it on the big screen with all my mates who want the exact same experience. If you don't want to see it at the movies with every other fan, don't go.

I think it's a great idea to release it at the cinema. The scale of the This Is It shows would be lost on my really small TV.

Back