Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray Dec '09 or Jan '10?

Predict when DVD will be released

• November or December 2009

Votes: 127 50.6%
  • January or February 2010

Votes: 104 41.4%
  • March, April 2010

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • May, June 2010

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • It will be released after June 2010

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
Re: This Is It on DVD

As long as the fans get to see what they were going to see thats fine!! But if theres people going to the film just to be little t**** :p then I may take a baseball bat lol

I'll just have to bring my sunglasses so i can leave without people seeing red eyes.

I hope the sound is loud enough and its dark so people will not be able to see/hear me all too well.

Surely with just the 2 week run at Cinemas this will be on DVD in time for Christmas?!

Last edited:

so it's FOR SURE only in theater 2 weeks & only in US?
damn what about the rest of the world?
any news? please provide...

Im gonna order myself 5 freaking copies when the DVD pre-order comes out!!

Yes,I'm not to happy about seeing it in the cinema also.But it does have it's advantages.For example the big big screen and the surround sound along with it will make the experience amazing.I have a home cinema system at home,but still...it's not quite the same. :)

Yeah exactly..!
And as mentioned before.. It will be released on DVD pretty soon

Yeah, I wonder as well re the rest of the world? Anybody knows..? Please share. Thanks.

It will be releasedin theathers worldwide.

I dont wanna see this in the cinema because Im very emotional and Im sure I would cry alot.. Its not something I wanna do with a bunch of strangers sit there and cry over Michael.

Im gonna order myself 5 freaking copies when the DVD pre-order comes out!!

There isn't much info to share. At least in Finland the theatres that will be showing the movie will be revealed three days before the first night.

Maybe they will release it with the CD they have been talking about. CD/DVD edition maybe?

I hope we will have the chance to see it here in Bucharest! I will cry all the time but I must see what I've lost! I was gonna see him for the first time live... It was my dream for almost 20 years... :(

I think it should go to DVD instead of to the theaters. I mean Michael is so special to me and I don't want to be around a bunch of popcorn eating rude people in a theater. It would be a much more magical experience in the comfort of my own home and around the people I love. And of course I don't want people to see me choking on my tears lol.

I believe this is why it is only in theaters for two weeks. The DVD should be released almost immediately following those dates, so don't worry too much. It's just a chance for us in the US to finally see Michael on screen. We've never been able to before. And, AEG will definitely release the DVD. They are trying to make as much money as possible. Greed!

It should be held in theatres, so the entire world can see. I want them to see Mike's last work, Mike would want them to. Why hide yur love away?

When I see it, I'll just be sitting there with a drink....I don't wanna miss a thing.

I'm sure it'll come out on video though...hopefully all the hours of production.

I just wish we could go back in time though. Damn...

Of course it should be released in cinemas (which already is), because this should show Michael like the superstar he is, not only to us fans, but the whole world.

I really want this on DVD!
If not the Bad Tour 88 or the Victory Tour then at least This Is It!

I will not be surprised if there is a DVD ready in time for the Christmas shopping period because they now that is the time to get optimum sales since that's when consumers spend the most money. There's no doubt that a lot of people will want it as a Xmas present.

I too will find it hard to watch in the cinema known i will b watching it alone :(

I too will find it hard to watch in the cinema known i will b watching it alone :(

Why that?
No friends that are MJ fans?
Well, watch it together with me and my girlfriend then! ;) :D

I will not be surprised if there is a DVD ready in time for the Christmas shopping period because they now that is the time to get optimum sales since that's when consumers spend the most money. There's no doubt that a lot of people will want it as a Xmas present.

I reckon thats right and thats why its only 2 weeks in the cinema, so more will buy the DVD when it comes out just before Christmas.... I bet that happens.

"However, when Sony Pictures acquired the rights to the film, the contract also called for a Director’s Cut DVD, two special-edition DVDs and a This Is It soundtrack, which will reportedly feature one brand new Jackson song. It’s likely that the nixed 3-D segments will appear on one of the iterations of the DVD, which might be released before year’s end given the film’s brief two-week theatrical run."

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...s-is-it-film-secures-two-week-theatrical-run/

It will be releasedin theathers worldwide.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Well, I won't be surprised as well.. but now already I don't care. I'll buy it anyway because we have no other choice, right? And I think everybody to whom Michael was just an object of business, will be making money on his name untill it is on demand.. that's a pity - it's all about the money.. :( damn, what's going on on earth..?

you dont have 3d in your home...right?

I'd really rather watch This is it on DVD, it feels more private to watch it at home for myself then with other people around me, but everyone their own thing I think :)

Back