Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray Dec '09 or Jan '10?

Predict when DVD will be released

• November or December 2009

Votes: 127 50.6%
  • January or February 2010

Votes: 104 41.4%
  • March, April 2010

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • May, June 2010

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • It will be released after June 2010

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
Re: This Is It on DVD

I'm happy to go and watch it in the cinema with the big screen and sound. It will definitely make it more entertaining. But then I'll get the dvd of course.

I don't want to see it in the cinema either...there are always some annoying people sitting next to me making stupid comments. I don't want this with MJ. I couldn't handle a bad word while watching it!!

I don't want to see it in the cinema either...there are always some annoying people sitting next to me making stupid comments. I don't want this with MJ. I couldn't handle a bad word while watching it!!

This is not a reason for me to not go, not with MJ! I wanna see this sooo bad and I wanna enjoy this so that's why I'm definately gonna go to the cinema to be watching and enjoying this great movie! :)

Arse! I didn't think of these issues regarding the cinema visit. Idiots making comments around me n stuff. Hopefully only MJ fans will be buying tickets for the showings. It wouldnt make much sense for people that would make stupid comments to be coming to the cinema to see it in the first place. So I don't think we have much to worry about there.

The big screen and loud DTS sound system is gonna mke the experience awsome. I can't believe people would rather it go straight to dvd. I would love to see cinema showings of all MJ's concerts from Victory to History.

They did something similar for the closing of RENT on broadway (limited theatrical run... with eventual DVD release).

i dont know how SUCCESSFUL it was... obviously the limited run is a marketing ploy so all of the fans will rush out and get their tickets ASAP (once again, sony feeding off our love for Michael).

needless to say... I CANT WAIT!

This Is It on DVD

Sorry if there is already a topic on this, I searched and didn't find anything.

Do you think that TII will be put out on DVD sometime next year after the theatrical release? I'm afraid that I might not be able to get tickets to the movie at the theaters but I still really want to see it.

I really hope they release it on DVD. Who else thinks they won't be able to see the movie?

threads everywhere about this and the dvd is set to be released in time for christmas

you know what? i totally understand its annoying to hear others talk smack about mj while tryna concentrate on the film but learn to become immune to it...as mj fans, its automatic to get some remarks about being a fan...OMG wen i heard mj died, my freakin boss (my boss okay!) said "yessssss, he finally died. we got em!". Can you believe that, while inside of me, i was yelling and sad! My advice to yall is to become immune and just enjoy the show...if u dont have anyone to go with, believe me, there will be people there out of curiosity, simply becaue they are fans, or because they truly love mj! so relax all. it'll be just fine..oh and im sure someone, like a member of this forum can meet up with u. California fans are talking and meeting up, including myself to go watch this together...im excited! woot woot!

I definately want it on DVD also But I wanna catch at the theaters also.:popcorn:

As they filmed it with those HD Red cameras - and just the fact Blu Ray technology is Sony's latest baby - it's more than likely there'll be a Blu Ray release. Guaranteed.

Now, I wish for the life of me I could remember where I saw/heard about a week ago that it's definitely being released on DVD in November with hours' more performance footage . . .

As they filmed it with those HD Red cameras - and just the fact Blu Ray technology is Sony's latest baby - it's more than likely there'll be a Blu Ray release. Guaranteed.

Now, I wish for the life of me I could remember where I saw/heard about a week ago that it's definitely being released on DVD in November with hours' more performance footage . . .

I also remember reading that, That they will release the DVD in November

I also remember reading that, That they will release the DVD in November

Glad it wasn't just me, then. It's bugging me now. I can't remember who the source was for that info, but I remember it seemed credible. Can anyone else remember?

Was it by any chance one of Kenny Ortega's Twitter posts that was posted on here?

I felt the same way about going to the theater as you do. I NEVER go to the theater for any movie. The last time I went was to see Titanic if that gives you an idea of how much I hate going. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this is a chance, an opportunity, to be with others and experience community while we all share the magic and L.O.V.E. that is MJ. You and I will certainly be crying, but there will be few dry eyes in the house. Just be sure to bring sunglasses...and rest assured that the DVD will be released shortly after. I'll be in the theater with you in spirit, as will so many others those two weeks. Please don't feel alone. Mike wouldn't want us to waste all that work without the fans seeing some of it, even if it is rehearsal footage.

I think it should go to DVD instead of to the theaters. I mean Michael is so special to me and I don't want to be around a bunch of popcorn eating rude people in a theater. It would be a much more magical experience in the comfort of my own home and around the people I love. And of course I don't want people to see me choking on my tears lol.

RE: the people around you that might make stupid and say mean things. A) Let it remind you of what Mike endured each and every day, and B) tell them, "Shut up you rude bitches. The King is on the screen. Have never been to a movie theater. Dang, you are ignorant sons of bitches aren't you". I have a feeling that will shut them up quick. Oh, and wear the Bad costume so you can smack them with some heavy buckles or boot them in the butt if need be. I'm going, and I live in San Francisco, where I couldn't even find 10 people who are willing to hook up to respect Mike. So, I fully intend to go to the theater prepared. If need be, I'll moonwalk all over those bitches. It's OUR turn to ensure his legend, and Mike KNEW we would.

This is not a reason for me to not go, not with MJ! I wanna see this sooo bad and I wanna enjoy this so that's why I'm definately gonna go to the cinema to be watching and enjoying this great movie! :)

i'm gonna pass the cinema thing too.i wanna watch on my own,to my own comfort.
what;s the difference between the DVD and blu-ray?

i'm gonna pass the cinema thing too.i wanna watch on my own,to my own comfort.
what;s the difference between the DVD and blu-ray?

Blu Ray is High Definition format - much better picture quality than DVD (and better sound quality if you have the right audio equipment). You need a Blu Ray player and HD television to use them (I wouldn't recommend anything less than a 1080p HD TV).

I want them both! I can't wait to see him on the big screen! I've watched the trailer a hundred times already. I plan to get all versions of the DVD, from the first issue to whatever special edition will surely come out weeks later. I am just too excited!

Hurry up and get here October 28.

Look at it this way:

The cinema environment is the closest any of us can come to a live This Is It show. It might be full of obnoxious haters or people going to attempt to poke holes through the picture, but as MJ's loyal fans it's our duty to sit up straight, pull your fedora down and dance in your seat as MJ does what no-one else can!

I'm gonna go see it in the cinema a couple of times, and then buy all the editions of the home release on DVD and Blu-Ray which I'd almost put money on will be out by late November.

I think i will save money for the DVD ..hope they will release it like a box set with photo book or something special. Can't wait
I dont think i will be ok in cinema I 'd cry like a baby i know :(

i hope when this it is DVD release it should become with soundtrack, a poster, a booklet :yes: :D

i toally agree bobmoo79....yes i can understand that wen we cry out of emotional connection and love to mj, we dont want others looking at us funny, however i rather go in a theater and watch my man (mj) do his thang and learn from his creative juices on a HUGE screen...i understand both sides

come on people, you gotta go and represent mj :) where i live is full of rude, ignorant, backward folk who don't like anybody different. god you can't even walk down the street in a stylish outfit without people looking at you lol but i'm still going to the cinema to see it and i don't care what anybody thinks, and surely if they don't like michael (how this is possible is beyond me!) then they won't go and pay to see him in a documentary.

OMG wen i heard mj died, my freakin boss (my boss okay!) said "yessssss, he finally died. we got em!". Can you believe that, while inside of me, i was yelling and sad!

I would not control myself if I heard this from anybody..! I think I would not leave such words alone.. I just can imagine your feelings inside you then.. :(

I think that by showing TII in theaters will give the fans a chance to get together and enjoy Michael's performance. I know there's a chance a few viewers could spoil the fun, but I believe that most of the audience will watch because they really enjoy Michael as a singer/performer or are huge fans.

Back