1977: MJ's stay in NYC during THE WIZ

He didn't dispute dating Shana for ten years either and she went on TV, so did Joanna and never did he dispute that. He didn't want to embarrass people and definitely not women, that is what I've learned from those who knew him, they could be wrong though, so can I.

He didn't dispute dating Shana for ten years either and she went on TV, so did Joanna and never did he dispute that. He didn't want to embarrass people and definitely not women, that is what I've learned from those who knew him, they could be wrong though, so can I.

That's not an absolute, either. The FACT is none of us knows and shouldn't be speaking as if it's gospel and that includes those that were close to him (or claim to be). That was part of the problem of why he was such tabloid fodder. . . people claiming to know everything about him when no one knows everything about anybody. Only Michael Jackson can speak on himself with absolute authority.

Back to the subject at hand. Here's a pic of Mike in London in 78 :)

1978LondonVisit1_zpscada735c.jpg

Non of us know.. how can we be so sure about that? (and I´m not talking about me since I get things second hand)

Sorry for being off topic..

Michael didn't date Stephanie Mills, she was in love with him, and he saw her as just a good friend and had no romantic interest in her.
I was actually just joking around in the comment you responded to. But I have no idea if they were really dating, hanging out, doing it for publicity, great friends, the loves of each other's lives, whatever.

Every thread I'm in, it seems like people are arguing and fighting and they all know exactly what Michael was thinking or doing with absolute certainty-the Lisa Marie and Brooke Shield threads sound like they're written by a bunch of jealous ex-girlfriends or wives. Now the Stephanie Mills one.

No wonder he wouldn't talk about his private life-as he said once-"if I say I'm seeing a couple of girls, I'm a womanizer. If I say I'm not seeing anyone, I'm gay. You can't win". That was to a reporter. He should have said it to the fans.

I just wanted to find one place where I could re-live my 20 year old self when my crazy crush was becoming more gigantic by the day.

And it still is that place.

Michael-And-LaToya-In-New-York-City-Back-In-1977-michael-jackson-34335511-399-296.jpg

Last edited:
And it still is that place.

Posted pic that was already posted. Ooops.
1977-a.jpg

Too gorgeous not to post.

That's not an absolute, either. The FACT is none of us knows and shouldn't be speaking as if it's gospel and that includes those that were close to him (or claim to be). That was part of the problem of why he was such tabloid fodder. . . people claiming to know everything about him when no one knows everything about anybody. Only Michael Jackson can speak on himself with absolute authority.

Back to the subject at hand. Here's a pic of Mike in London in 78 :)

1978LondonVisit1_zpscada735c.jpg

Is Michael eating a plate of olives. I am trying to figure out what that is.

I just love those crazy, cool 70s clothes like Michael and Latoya are wearing above.

Hot stuff back then. I know some of my male friends at the time would have killed for those boots he was wearing. Come to think of it I would have loved her shoes...

^^Yeah the high boots and the bells. You know I think that is the 3rd photo I see Michael with his leg on someone like that. You know that thread we have with the sameness, that photo will fit well in there. A pity I don't see Ash, because she would have found the other 2 and put them together.

I wouldn't mind having that shirt too. The fitted cut reminds me on the one Travoltor was wearing in Saturday night fever, when he was trying on the clothes in the bedroom.

Thats right. Saturday night fever look. After that movie came out I remember going into the clubs and seeing an ocean of Travolta wanna be's.

He looks so good here.

412887_original.jpg

Every thread I'm in, it seems like people are arguing and fighting and they all know exactly what Michael was thinking or doing with absolute certainty-the Lisa Marie and Brooke Shield threads sound like they're written by a bunch of jealous ex-girlfriends or wives. Now the Stephanie Mills one.

No wonder he wouldn't talk about his private life-as he said once-"if I say I'm seeing a couple of girls, I'm a womanizer. If I say I'm not seeing anyone, I'm gay. You can't win". That was to a reporter. He should have said it to the fans.

I just wanted to find one place where I could re-live my 20 year old self when my crazy crush was becoming more gigantic by the day.

PREACH!! This thread, hell this site is supposed to be a place of celebration for Mike and what he means to us, not some kind of pissing contest. Again, no one knows everything about him and weren't meant to. His own MOTHER doesn't know everything about him and she brought him into this world and raised him, so how can a FAN try to claim they know?! Well, newsflash, we DON'T. I had to correct one of my friends the other day for saying, "Sheila, you are the expert on all things Michael Jackson" by telling her that I wasn't and never claimed to be (and I've been a fan since the Jackson 5 debuted with Motown)! Shiiiiit, I don't know everything about my own family, much less a celebrity ffs! :lmao:

People need to stop tripping and just love and RESPECT what Mike gave to the fans and be satisfied with that.

AGAIN, back to the subject at hand, lol! I couldn't find this pic without the words all over it, but this is another glimpse of the Liza-Mike-Jack-etc Studio 54 party:

JackLizaMike782_zps19ee8729.jpg

More dance floor action (including owner Steve Rubell)

Safarihat78_zps3a465dfa.jpg

This pic is a hot mess of FUN, so much going on in this pic (too bad they only got a piece of Mike's right shoulder in it)!

halfMikestudio54_zps6e24dc7c.jpg

Mike in the DJ's booth with Steve:

DJboothwithSteve_zps458a6d80.jpg

Speaking of you can't win. . . SING IT, MIKE!

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to know everything about my family.....It takes enough effort just trying to figure myself out.:scratch:

Steve Rubell looks like he's praying in that second picture.

Shelia you could feel the fun energy coming out of those photos. Wish I was there..

Re: 1977: MJ*s stay in NYC during THE WIZ

Thats right. Saturday night fever look. After that movie came out I remember going into the clubs and seeing an ocean of Travolta wanna be*s.

He looks so good here.

412887_original.jpg

How awesome is that pic right there?!! Michael Jackson and Peter Frampton. . . serious FANGIRL moment right there, lol! My older sisters had to sneak me in to see SNF because it wasn*t PG. I wasn*t old enough to see it, technically, lol! I look at it now and wonder what all the fuss was about, compared to movies today.

Love that pic, well both pics actually.
SNF...I remember my friends and I went to see it and had 3 girls in front of us who must have been 14 or so. Not sure how they got in but everytime Travolta moved his hips they*d burst out giggling :hysterical:. Don*t know why I remember that so clearly.

SNF...I remember my friends and I went to see it and had 3 girls in front of us who must have been 14 or so. Not sure how they got in but everytime Travolta moved his hips they*d burst out giggling :hysterical:. Don*t know why I remember that so clearly.

Yep, that sounds like something a 13/14 yr old would do, LOL! I was Googling for more Studio 54 77-78 era pics and found a few more with Mike (and others) that are quite fascinating. It's like what Petrarose posted: you can feel the ENERGY in those pics! What a time. . .

Caption this pic, LOL!
FunnyfaceStevenTyler_zps9528db68.jpg

Mike x2
DoubleMikeBeatlemania_zps796437e8.jpg

Speaking of Travolta, here he is with Olivia Newton-John (not sure what year this was)

Grease54lol_zps0ab22174.jpg

More with Rubell

Steve-Rubell-studio-54_zpsfdc96800.jpg

Mike dancing

DancinmachineMike_zps3d87e8bc.jpg

Mike with cast members of the stage show of The Wiz

MikeandtheCrows_zps3202e720.jpg

ha! Your story reminds me of the next summer when Grease came out. I went to see a Saturday matinee and these 3 girls in front of me giggled when Travolta was on screen and the rest of the time they bad mouthed Olivia and talked about how "old" she was.
I wanted to knock their heads together.

I was just imaging if Michael played Travolta's part.....Hmmmm the possibilities.....

I was just imaging if Michael played Travolta's part.....Hmmmm the possibilities.....

The dancing would have been super hot! I would have snuck into that movie a couple of times, lol!

I don't know who this lady is, but I LOVE the way Mike was so engaged during conversations with people. He really seemed truly and sincerely interested in what people had to say.

HangingoutwithsomechickBeatlemania_zps81186164.jpg

I agree. I think that's a big part of the charisma and charm that everyone always talks about. How he made you feel like you were the most important person in the room-really appreciated you. Not to mention the spot on compliments he gave people that they remember to this day.

I remember the first time I noticed Michael doing this was the Mike Douglas show in 1974. They were opening at the MGM Grand and I believe had just signed with Epic and were going to record or had just recorded in Philadelphia. And Michael turned the interview into asking Mike D all about Philly and took the attention off himself.
This interview is burned into my mind because they had just seen a private screening of "That's Entertainment" and I was wild with jealousy because I had to wait until December to see it. :)

(I also remembered this later because as a really shy, introverted person myself, who started running with theater kids in last part of high school-I noticed if you sincerely complimented something they did in a play and they were good for a couple of hours, talking about themselves. I'm still friends with a lot of those guys today)

Michael Jackson - Stayin' Alive

(Couldn't resist)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! Who can swagger better? Travolta strutting down the street with paint cans or Michael strutting all over the place? I'm voting for Michael-I've watched this over and over today-I don't know where to put my eyes-on his shoulders, his hip bones, that skip with his feet, that scoot across the stage-jeez.

(And I am so embarrassed-"Moonwalker" came out what-25, 26 years ago, and today was the first time I realized the dancer with him in "Come Together" was a girl. I guess I never looked over at her before. :( )

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!! Who can swagger better? Travolta strutting down the street with paint cans or Michael strutting all over the place? I'm voting for Michael-I've watched this over and over today-I don't know where to put my eyes-on his shoulders, his hip bones, that skip with his feet, that scoot across the stage-jeez.

(And I am so embarrassed-"Moonwalker" came out what-25, 26 years ago, and today was the first time I realized the dancer with him in "Come Together" was a girl. I guess I never looked over at her before. :( )

Well...after all who's looking at the girl anyway :wub:

Can you just imagine how he would have handled that strut down the sidewalk...The mind reals...

Last edited:
Here's another one (a little earlier than 77 though, I think)-look how intently he's listening to Marvin. :)

10406579_921588294532072_3357334868625072752_n.jpg

Back