A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality

oh really...? And have MJfans throw another temper tantrum?

Go back to November 2010....

I think they've made the right decision. Now those who don't want the DVD, well their lost...and those who want it....their gain.

There is only so much on can do...they will never please the whole fan base. MJ himself couldn't ...

What happened in November 2010 had nothing to do with using different audio. And the reaction from fans was not a "temper tantrum" as you call it but a genuine reaction to an absolutely appalling situation, which is still an ongoing issue.

Last edited:

I am thankful for the explanantion. They didn't have to give us a dvd at all. I am looking forward to it.

Now those who don't want the DVD, well their lost...and those who want it....their gain.

I don't think there is anybody out there who doesn't want the DVD. We all want it. But the DVD is just not enough.

they will never please the whole fan base

Maybe not, but they would be more likely to please them if they asked the fans first. Maybe they should integrate some fans in their team.

I don't think there is anybody out there who doesn't want the DVD. We all want it. But the DVD is just not enough.

Maybe not, but they would be more likely to please them if they asked the fans first. Maybe they should integrate some fans in their team.

Sorry..but didn't most fans ask for Wembley? I could have sworn...

And I wonder what would have happened and they did go ahead and release the Japan leg on DVD.

Second, the estate doesn't HAVE to ask for fans' input ...MJ didn't put us in control.

MJ himself didn't consult fans for T25, he gave us whatever he wanted... if the estate does ask for fan's input, they are just being gracious.

This is not a RIGHT. The sense of entitlement needs to come down a notch.

Enough or not...at this point it's beyond anyone's control.

Last edited:

Just wondering which fans that might be. The ones who are happy that they've released this and done their best or the ones who still feel it's not enough?

Haha, so its what for many was unbelivable, masters are lost.
When i think of the discussion about "how things can get lost?" and what a businessman Michael was.
Like i said , you compare apples with pears. Negatives of big movies are lost and destroyed and you wonder that this happend to Michael.
But what is strange to me why Michael didnt care all these years what has happened.
The few videos we have from tv recordings are from promo tapes send to stations. They were created and the rest of the footage should have been strored.
Where are the tapes? Hmm, in one of the many storages michael had and no one knew about them. Like the one that was found after his dead.
The film masters will come out one day, just the searching of every matetial must continue.
Some will say, but LA was planed for release. I always doubtet this and now im pretty sure. The footage seen at soul train awards was the promo just like the others videos.
I think there is archives where some material is held and can be used for editing videos like "carmina burana"
and storage where every concert is (supposed) stored.

I find it great of the estate that took our concerns very seriously and explaned just over a week after the official announcement.
They expected the quality to raise concerns and worked from the begining about the issue.

Enough or not...that's beyond anyone's control.

I doubt that anyone was asking for a low quality Wembley concert (and I'm not complaining about the Wembley concert. I think it's great that we are going to get it). If fans had had the chance of choosing between a low quality Wembley concert or a high quality Japan concert, maybe they would have chosen Japan.

Just wondering which fans that might be. The ones who are happy that they've released this and done their best or the ones who still feel it's not enough?

Who knows? But some fans would be definitely better than no fans at all :)

I doubt that anyone was asking for a low quality Wembley concert (and I'm not complaining about the Wembley concert. I think it's great that we are going to get it). If fans had had the chance of choosing between a low quality Wembley concert or a high quality Japan concert, maybe they would have chosen Japan.

But MJ performed only 2 songs from the Bad album. And the bootlegs are out there...

Great statement from the estate

Great to know that they listen to the fans now
They knew mayority of the fans didn't want the Japan concert

But MJ performed only 2 songs from the Bad album. And the bootlegs are out there...

It was still the Bad tour (and no tour compares the Bad tour :) ). The bootlegs are out there in DVD format with enhanced VHS quality. Now we get another DVD with enhanced VHS quality.

I've been VERY critical of the estate based on the whole 2010 debacle .. but I think they're REALLY doing a great job in listening to the fans now. After all .. it's the fans who drive sales of these products. It's awesome they're paying attention and addressing concerns.

The BAD 25 package looks amazing .. DVD in any form is a bonus .. LIVE ALBUM .. HELL YES!

All that time every one said they don't want 87 shows to be released. Many were afraid the if dvd is released officially it will be yokohama it will disapoint.
We have yokohama and that was enough for the most.
Please, just because they said its master of japan 87 avaible, dont start now with kind of "they should have release this instead of wembley". Or "i never said i don't want yokohama".

So far the estate gave fans everything we wanted, The untouched demos, the live cd, the unseen photos, the wembley concert. Everything fans asked, they gave us. Of course, they can't please everyone. IMO This is the best decision they make. I will be so mad if they mix wembley audio with some other concert video, that way they can save much more than spending tons of money on vsh tape enchancement. I am also glad they didn't choose the lazy job to release that japan show. This showed the estate care about what fans want. I had my concern about the quality as well, but now we get the answer and I think the estate did the great job.

All that time every one said they don't want 87 shows to be released. Many were afraid the if dvd is released officially it will be yokohama it will disapoint.
We have yokohama and that was enough for the most.
Please, just because they said its master of japan 87 avaible, dont start now with kind of "they should have release this instead of wembley". Or "i never said i don't want yokohama".

Of course no one wanted Yokohama at that time. No one knew about the quality issue. I'm not saying that they should have released Yokohama instead. But it would have been a better option to release a DVD of Wembley and ADDITIONALLY a BluRay of a Japan concert (in the worst case, the Yokohama one. But even the Yokohama one would be better than no Bad concert in Bluray quality at all).

Thanks to the Estate for trying the best you could and providing us with the best you could release. I can't wait till the Bad25 release!

Or mixing the great audio from Wembley with some other concert with great video, but that would not be authentic.

with the lips not matching and then the fans attacking them for trickery, messing up the original, putting their own touches and so on. I'm glad that they didn't go that route.

And the Japan concert they are talking about is obviously Yokohama which had the earlier set list, as did all 19 shows that took place in 1987. They were still part of the Bad Tour though, just as were the other 104.

And didn't the people said over and over again "Do not release Yokohoma" and "Give us the second leg" ?

Now they listen to exactly what the fans say and still cannot win with some people.

And I wonder what would have happened and they did go ahead and release the Japan leg on DVD.

Fans have been campaigning for Wembley since 2005 and clearly not wanting Japan / First leg as well due to the Yokohoma bootleg being widely available.

The Estate isn't Michael Jackson.

Like it or not, since Michael died Estate is Michael Jackson. And none of us is running it.

Of course no one wanted Yokohama at that time. No one knew about the quality issue. I'm not saying that they should have released Yokohama instead. But it would have been a better option to release a DVD of Wembley and ADDITIONALLY a BluRay of a Japan concert (in the worst case, the Yokohama one. But even the Yokohama one would be better than no Bad concert in Bluray quality at all).

I think you should realize that you aren't speaking for everyone. I have Yokohoma bootleg, I watched it a million times. Even though they released it in a Blu-ray and put a golden bow on it, I wouldn't have spent a dime on it. I have no desire for it in better quality as I already memorized it. It doesn't mean value to me. To me what is valuable is previously unknown / unreleased materials.

Thank you for this great and detailed response from the Estate. Really appreciate it.

Some fans will never ever be satisfied with anything and will always find something to complain about about. At the end of the day you just take it or leave it.

I'm personally happy and grateful to get whatever we will be getting.

The estate is not Michael the person but they represent him at his request. They looked at their options and made a decision. I am sure the quality of the dvd will be the best it can be considering the circumstances. If you don't want it then don't buy it and maybe there will be a release down the road of something else. Everyone has to make a choice what they will be happy with.

I've been holding myself back because i have been enjoying listening to DBMA. After reading through the constant complaints i just had to say something.
Firstly, The Estate owes you and i absolutely nothing, they could of decided not to release any new material and continued making money off the material that already existed.
Secondly, Some of you act like you know better than the Estate and that rumours and speculation actually translate into facts... they don't.
Thirdly, Stop complaining about not having a Blu-Ray release, it's clear that you don't understand how restoration works, they CANNOT improve the quality of the film, all they can do is restore the film to the state it was when it was first copied. This means there is absolutely no point in a Blu-Ray copy of a VHS film.
Finally, The Estate did what they could, they didn't have to make a statement, but they did. If there was a better quality picture that they had, they WOULD be releasing it, as they would not have to spend money on restoration efforts.

Regards, Larry. PS: BAD 25!!!!!!!

Seriously?? All they have to do is go to this website alone and know what we wanted. Just ask Zakk- lol. 99% of the fans wanted the second leg of the tour and Wembley (there was a petition for it) was in our wish list, and guess what , the estate obliged!! I am very, very grateful for this, I already pre-ordered it.
:rofl:
MJ fans are the pickiest and the hardest to please - wow :doh:

I think you should realize that you aren't speaking for everyone. I have Yokohoma bootleg, I watched it a million times. Even though they released it in a Blu-ray and put a golden bow on it, I wouldn't have spent a dime on it. I have no desire for it in better quality as I already memorized it. It doesn't mean value to me. To me what is valuable is previously unknown / unreleased materials.

Obviously, I can only speak for myself (like any of us). I'm not saying that a release of Yokohama only would have been better than releasing Wembley. But as an option, a BluRay of Yokohama together with a DVD of Wembley would have been much better than no BluRay release at all. We have already seen lots of low quality videos from different concerts. I would appreciate if we would get at last a high quality Bad concert (and I'm probably not the only one who thinks so).

The estate is not Michael the person but they represent him at his request.

Of course. I was just trying to tell you that both situations can't be compared.

Massive thank you to John Branca and John McClain! This confirms what many of us felt. That the Masters have been misplaced and disappeared. No doubt that all efforts have been made to locate them, and perhaps at a future date they'll possibly be found. They've taken the fans into consideration and the effort is really really appreciated. They've bullet pointed the major points and fully addressed the issue.

They have the best people possible making every effort to restore the footage, and no doubt, as they say 'it will make for an authentic experience. They've definitely made the right choice and I CAN'T WAIT for this release! Somebody said 'clarity, honesty and promptness! Spot on! Epic win for The Estate this time round. Awesome-Bad 25 calendar, Pepsi cans, IJCSLY single with authentic demo, Spike Lee Documentary, Bad 25 remastered album, Unreleased/Demo disc, Live CD, Wembley 88!!!

Obviously, I can only speak for myself (like any of us). I'm not saying that a release of Yokohama only would have been better than releasing Wembley. But as an option, a BluRay of Yokohama together with a DVD of Wembley would have been much better than no BluRay release at all. We have already seen lots of low quality videos from different concerts. I would appreciate if we would get at last a high quality Bad concert (and I'm probably not the only one who thinks so).

You can't have a Blu-Ray release of a film that is from the 80's... The Quality cannot be improved enough. Im sorry that you cannot understand that a Blu-Ray quality Bad concert is impossible, but thats the truth. Deal with it

If Michael was here I don't know if this would be released at all to be honest. Everybody has to do what is right for them.

This means there is absolutely no point in a Blu-Ray copy of a VHS film.

Who wants a Blu-Ray copy out of a VHS film? No one is asking for that. It's absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back