A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

they are way too anxious to put this technology out.. want to be ground breaking but it has much more to go before it becomes what It would need to be amazing! WHICH should be the only way its done with MJ

they are way too anxious to put this technology out.. want to be ground breaking but it has much more to go before it becomes what It would need to be amazing! WHICH should be the only way its done with MJ

This is EXACTLY how I feel.
They need to take their time and do this RIGHT instead of rushing and churning out failure after failure.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm excited about the whole "new hologram" concept. I didn't even like the 2014 one. I think a hologram is a modern way of entertainment,which I adore, but when it's used this way... It takes the magic out of the "performance".

Peace! ?

I don't get how any fans would like a hologram. There is live video of Mj just watch it. Unreleased songs are great but what's next? New dance routines to these songs bye a hologram. How fake is that? If Mj didn't make the routines or performance no thanks. Contemporizing his songs and making up dances he had nothing to do with? That's not protecting a legacy that's making a mockery of it. Enough of this already. Release some studio footage with the songs not fake Mike.

^ people get excited to sit In the audience and see something they never have before.. YES not the real thing but give it a decade and holograms will be much better than now.. by then MAYBE they will be able to take footage and create that into hologram, they are getting close to it.. Michael has done enough dancing to create something new.. With what he actually has done!

I could care less for a holo-imersonator.. I'm waiting for 3D image of Michael on stage!

The leaked Whitney Houston and Christina "duet" performance that was suppose to be on the season finale of X Factor but has since been cancelled.
I figured you all might find it interesting because I think Whitney's hologram here is by the same people in charge of MJ's hologram.
Any thoughts?

I think Whitney's hologram here is by the same people in charge of MJ's hologram.

No it's not. Hologram USA is the party behind Whitney Houston hologram. MJ Hologram is done by Pulse Evolution. And Hologram USA even sued Pulse for the MJ Hologram.

There are significant differences between two companies. Pulse isn't a hologram company, they are more like a virtual reality, effects, CGI company. They have worked at quite impressive films (including Pirates of Caribbean, Thor, Lord of the Rings, Benjamin Button etc). Hologram is a hologram company and I think they lack the CGI capabilities.

I saw the Whitney Houston hologram and it's clearly not Whitney, it's a body double. Now I'm fully aware Billboard MJ hologram also had a body double doing the dancing. But at least Billboard MJ hologram had a CGI MJ face (which clearly Pulse improved over time). Whitney hologram doesn't have that and that's probably why they don't show a single frame of a close up face shot.

Edited

added screenshot of Whitney Hologram. You can see it's not Whitney and it's not CGI.

25gxmyf.jpg

Last edited:
No it's not. Hologram USA is the party behind Whitney Houston hologram. MJ Hologram is done by Pulse Evolution.

There are significant differences between two companies. Pulse isn't a hologram company, they are more like a virtual reality, effects, CGI company. They have worked at quite impressive films (including Pirates of Caribbean, Thor, Lord of the Rings, Benjamin Button etc). Hologram is a hologram company and I think they lack the CGI capabilities.

I saw the Whitney Houston hologram and it's clearly not Whitney, it's a body double. Now I'm fully aware Billboard MJ hologram also had a body double doing the dancing. But at least Billboard MJ hologram had a CGI MJ face (which clearly Pulse improved over time). Whitney hologram doesn't have that and that's probably why they don't show a single frame of a close up face shot.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Both Whitney's hologram and MJ's looked horrid to me though. :yes:

Both Whitney's hologram and MJ's looked horrid to me though. :yes:

I wasn't really talking about the quality of either hologram. It's just that MJ holograms face was obviously CGI - a CGI they seem to improved based on the latest picture. Whitney hologram doesn't look like they even attempted CGI. But then again as I said Hologram USA doesn't have that capability as far as we know.

At least Whitneys estate had the decency to realise it was sub-par.

I can't see the video (banned) and only the pix. So does that mean the company just uses impersonators? Haven't impersonators been around forever? I don't get what's so innovative then.

I can't see the video (banned) and only the pix. So does that mean the company just uses impersonators? Haven't impersonators been around forever? I don't get what's so innovative then.

The issue may be that people copped onto this.... I think they saw the negative feedback.

They normally do the holograms of the living people. One of the holograms that was reported quite a lot in the media was the rapper Chief Keef. It's easy to do as they record people and then project them as hologram. I guess the idea is that as a hologram they can appear in multiple places easily. (Link to chief keef here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Gr-cLtf1I)

Hologram USA wants to do hologram of dead celebrities and they said that a whitney houston hologram will tour soon. I don't know how they will do that.

Last edited:
They normally do the holograms of the living people. One of the holograms that was reported quite a lot in the media was the rapper Chief Keef. It's easy to do as they record people and then project them as hologram. I guess the idea is that as a hologram they can appear in multiple places easily. (Link to chief keef here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Gr-cLtf1I)

Hologram USA wants to do hologram of dead celebrities and they said that a whitney houston hologram will tour soon. I don't know how they will do that.
OK-that makes sense about projections of living people, but I don't see how the deceased could perform w/o using old footage.

Try this.

Thanks, Pat-nope. Blocked. :(

At first i could not see it either but went this way and was able to see. I was hoping you could see it.

There need to be more work done on Whitney before it goes on a tour.

That where the impersonator come in right?

It the same with Michael the hologram in some way has got to move like Michael no impersonator at all.

In the Whitney video...what exactly was I looking at?
It looked like an impersonator. Or was it motion capture and CGI?

No it's not. Hologram USA is the party behind Whitney Houston hologram. MJ Hologram is done by Pulse Evolution. And Hologram USA even sued Pulse for the MJ Hologram.

Edited

added screenshot of Whitney Hologram. You can see it's not Whitney and it's not CGI.

25gxmyf.jpg

You are right about a impersonator and like Ivy mention in her post Whitney hologram did not have CGI face that why it did not look like Whitney.

you are looking at two different companies and two different techniques. We were talking how Whitney was an impersonator and MJ had a CGI element.

iFXGl.jpg

^ This is what a non Impersonator hologram

This too.
Grimes-Grimes-Fundraiser-Snubs-Hillary-For-will.i.am_.jpg

The impersonator thing seems pointless. Might as well get the impersonator on stage, then.

iFXGl.jpg

^ This is what a non Impersonator hologram

This too.
Grimes-Grimes-Fundraiser-Snubs-Hillary-For-will.i.am_.jpg
Yes-but that's just a projection of will.i.am (sp?)-no CGI anything. Why couldn't they take a film reel of Whitney then and have Christina match HER. Or are they just working on making it go on tour alone-that's why they are working on CGI versions?

Why couldn't they take a film reel of Whitney then and have Christina match HER.

When Hologram USA sued Estate and Pulse over MJ Hologram, the owner gave an interview to CNN and showed their company. In that interview it was said that they record people in a greenscreen room with 26 cameras. So I'm thinking to be able to create a 3D hologram they need to record people from multiple angles and they need the greenscreen to that the background of the recording will be transparent and the hologram can be added to any environment easily.

I think even if they get a old film reel and remove the background, it would be 2D. Plus won't it be just an old thing? I mean let;s say they take Whitney's 94 Grammy performance, remove the background and put it right next to Christina. It will still be the old 94 performance.

Back