AEG On Ticket Refunds - Only Through Authorized Outlets

Everyone over on Maximum Jackson feels the same about it being awful of AEG to do this. We're thinking of setting up a petition with signatures/names to email to AEG, to be able to get those tickets but for a percentage of our ticket price not the entirety of it. It would be great if we could all come together as communities as send this off

Please do, i will most certainly sign it. I can understand paying the cost of how much it cost to print out plus not getting the service charge back maybe, but the full price??? Aeg are going to get a really bad rap for this, if it turns out to be true... Haven't we been through enough heartbreak & disapointment already without them trying to rip us off. Michael would be very annoyed about this, i'm sure.

I would rather them give us the tickets for for a very small fee and then release the merchandise for sale for THIS IS IT....which I am sure we would all want to see and have.

I am pretty certain they will be release THIS IS IT rehersals in some form in the future as they will want to make money at the end of the day.

I bought 12 tickets on my credit card, I hope they can deduct the price of one so I can keep it and get a refund on the rest.

God!! I feel sick to my stomach, so
this is real then? Michael is really gone?

I'm in the denial :cry: And have
hard to belive that Michael is gone until, I
see the funreal on TV/NEWS...Gosh
now I'm crying allover again :( :boohoo:

God! take me too.. don't
wanna leave any more seriouslly :cry: :dropdead:

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo

Last edited:
Oh...that's better if it's not going to cost me the full price. I might want a ticket then too.

This release says in PART LIEU. They obviously thought it needed clarifying. This means you can sacrifice part of your refund to get the ticket.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090630/ten-*****-fans-get-refund-reassurances-ea4616c.html
Considering the amount they've lost I think it's reasonable to try to recoup the printing costs of all these tickets. Of course, the amount of refund we'll have to sacrifice remains to be seen.

Michaeljacksonlive.com says in lieu of the full refunds though...

More info about the special tickets coming tomorrow & images coming soon.

oo, not sure then? But part lieu would seem much more likely. I suppose we'll have to wait til Wednesday.

The tickets were just shown on GMTV this morning in the UK...anyone have any pics?

Also can anyone clarify this - are these the ACTUAL tickets that AEG were going to send out to attendees or are these special ones created by what has happened. I only ask this because apparently someone was selling their tickets on EBAY at the weekend (I wasnt even sure any had been sent out yet) and they did not look like the special holograph ones.

Anyone have any clue?

Even though AEG would probably be seen in a bad light I would really like them to sell the merchandise which I am sure is already printed andin waiting somewhere. maybe only to ticket holders though as everyone will want a piece and it should be the true fans. Don't know how they would control this though.

I was so looking forward to having a new programme with *hopefully* new photos of Michael.

DEVASTATED

someone try and contact aeg or ticketmaster and clarify first before a petition starts going around. it did say in lieu of a "full refund" which prob means you forefeit some of the refund to get your tickets

I too would love my ticket but I think they are trying to make too much money out of this. If they charged a smaller amount lots more fans would have kept the ticket - this way I think only a few will , so they won't end up making as much money. £80 is a lot of money for a small piece of cardboard.

Now to have more general merchandise would be worth it - especially the programme - could they not make up a small package with a ticket, programme and t-shirt? That would be well worth the £80.

BTW, my heart goes out to Danny Oliver - saw him on GMTV this morning talking about the tickets. Love you, Danny!

Angie
x

someone try and contact aeg or ticketmaster and clarify first before a petition starts going around. it did say in lieu of a "full refund" which prob means you forefeit some of the refund to get your tickets

No, they did say in lieu of ANY refund on both GMTV and BBC this morning.

The ticket on BBC was ace - it had the Smooth Criminal leaning hologram figure. I wonder if you have any choice in which one you get? :eek:

Angie
x

Ooh this is hard!

Michael designed these tickets, and they were all part of what he wanted us to see... I think I would like my ticket, to keep as a memory.

On the other hand, charging the full price for just a ticket would be rediculous (I would do it, but it would be disgusting to do...). They better not charge the full price, or just give a t-shirt with it, then I'm happy.

They can't throw all this merchandise away:( It are memories...

See how they're trying to manipulate us? They know how much it means to us and they're trying to take advantage of it! Shame on them if they want to keep the full price!

i,m angry!
I want the ticket for a nrmal price okey.......the full price?
Are they f*c*ing kidding me?
is it also including a sightseeing in the o2 and a little tribute cocnert at the 13th?
When not i hope they will walk straight to hell with their insane money cashing ideas.
i hope michael will hunt them because they are taking advantage of the fans.

The ticket on BBC was ace - it had the Smooth Criminal leaning hologram figure. I wonder if you have any choice in which one you get? :eek:

x

OMG i can not believe...this must mean Michael liked that picture so much fromt he smooth criminal lean...that is shocking me now..coz i have made as a present for him that picture as artwork i was due to give him in L

for those who bought VIP package, do we get the whole package then or only the ticket??

The tickets were just shown on GMTV this morning in the UK...anyone have any pics?

Also can anyone clarify this - are these the ACTUAL tickets that AEG were going to send out to attendees or are these special ones created by what has happened. I only ask this because apparently someone was selling their tickets on EBAY at the weekend (I wasnt even sure any had been sent out yet) and they did not look like the special holograph ones.

Anyone have any clue?
Those fans who queued at the O2 box office on the morning of the sale were given actual O2 printed tickets, ie: the standard ticket issued for any concert at the O2 and not a pre-printed MJ ticket.

what makes you think that jsut because YOU get the ticket....

Dont you think AEG will ebay all the persons tickets that opted out..

So yours wont be a rarity like you mention, AEG, will put em on ebay to recover their loses

I don't see the huge deal. It's a choice... you can get the ticket or you can get a refund.

And they're not responsible if you bought your ticket from someone who has nothing to do with AEG, like Joe Blow selling on ebay. You are protected on ebay if you follow procedures, so unless you bought a ticket from someone shady, then you'll be fine. I don't see what the big deal is. They invested a LOT of money on these shows, and now everyone is shitting on them. Unbelievable.

By Mitchell Peters, L.A.

AEG Live will give full refunds to fans who purchased tickets through authorized agents to Michael Jackson's 50 planned concerts at the O2 Arena in London, according to a news release from the promoter, which operates the O2 Arena. The refunds will include service fee charges.
On July 1, fans who purchased tickets to Jackson's "This Is It" concerts will be directed to MichaelJacksonLive.com for information about how to receive full refunds. The refunds will be processed by authorized ticketing agencies, including primary ticketing company Ticketmaster and U.K. reseller Viagogo, among others.
Fans will be also given the option to receive the concert tickets as souvenirs in lieu of the full refund. The tickets were printed with the lenticular process and were designed by Jackson, according to the release. The offer will be valid through Aug. 14.
"The world lost a kind soul who just happened to be the greatest entertainer the world has ever known," AEG Live president/CEO Randy Phillips said in a statement. "Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."
Jackson's planned 50-show run at the O2 Arena in London would have been the highest-grossing single concert engagement. More than $85 million worth of tickets had already been sold for the series of performances.

Well, I don't know if this is real and official, but if so, I will highlight the most important sentence because I see everyone just panic.

English is not my native language, but I understand that we can have tickets AND refund!

Well, I don't know if this is real and official, but if so, I will highlight the most important sentence because I see everyone just panic.

English is not my native language, but I understand that we can have tickets AND refund!

In lieu means instead of receiving a full refund, they will keep the money and give you the ticket you were due to receive.

So 1 ticket = no refund.

The odd thing is most of the those who will forfeit the right to a refund would never ever sell their ticket so it's definitely going to backfire on them. And many fans were going more than one night, so some will get 1 ticket from 1 of the numerous nights they were going and get the money back on the others.

"Lieu" means instead, or in place of. You either get the ticket, or a refund. I'd love to have the ticket, but I can't afford it. The service fees and fedex charges alone were outrageous.

Back