Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

Back on topic: I would have preferred Monster...but I LOVE Hollywood Tonight, so .....YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!

Last edited:
I get the huge impression Teddy has removed the spoken bridge by one of the Ts, and re-recorded it himself (?)

It wouldn't surprise me with the animosity between them.

Well, maybe it will sound less...you know.

Although on re-reading it probably means writing credit.

PHYSICAL CD SINGLE RELEASE !!!!!

YEAAAAHHHH !!!!

Thank you GAZ - and thanks SONY for finally doing something right!!!

Great great great.

I was hoping for Behind The Mask or Another Day. Hollywood Tonight would've been my third chioce but still... it could've been worse! *cough* (Cascio tracks) *cough*

Hollywood Tonight is a GREAT choice!

I also hope BTM, AD and MTS or BOJ will get single releases.

Arklove;3211502 said:
I agree with this....

But, if it's released, the LEAST they could do is take out that God-awful spoken part...What a way to kill a Michael Jackson dance track...

Taking out the spoken part leaves out the TRUE MESSAGE of the song. In the spoken part, it is where we find out the true meaning of the song, that hollywood isn't so wonderful as everyone makes it out to be. What's an MJ song if his intended message is not even delivered?????

I think the spoken part is excellent for the public, other than hardcor Michael fans, to hear. Because a lot of people still view Michael as this stuck up superstar head, who thinks he's so far from reality. At least that's how it was for people I've encountered.

And plus, the spoken part is powerful and unique, the beginning too.

Last edited:
kasume;3211887 said:
taking out the spoken part leaves out the TRUE MESSAGE of the song. in the spoken part, it is where we find out the true meaning of the song, that hollywood isn't so wonderful as everyone makes it out to be. whats an mj song if his intended message is not even delivered?????

I see your point, so I guess it works both ways then...:) I still don't like that part, the message could have been relayed a little more succintly, though..It's just too long...

If there is a original version it would be nice.

Like when TGIM 2008 was released the original demo was released.

That is a good ides.

I hope there will be 4-6 versions on the CD physical single.

When will they announce it on MichaelJackson.com?

tristantitoune;3211901 said:
please release the original version !!

If there is one. Didn't Teddy tell something like that he used different songs to complete a track?

Arklove;3211897 said:
I see your point, so I guess it works both ways then...:) I still don't like that part, the message could have been relayed a little more succintly, though..It's just too long...

Well actually, I thought the spoken part contradicted the rest of the lyrics. In MJ's lyrics (and handwritten note), the girl is 15, and it's not implied that she meets any kind of success in Hollywood; if anything, the last lines indicate that she becomes a prostitute. Whereas in Riley's rap, the girl IS a star, although she realizes it's not what it's cracked up to be.

kreen;3212005 said:
Well actually, I thought the spoken part contradicted the rest of the lyrics. In MJ's lyrics (and handwritten note), the girl is 15, and it's not implied that she meets any kind of success in Hollywood; if anything, the last lines indicate that she becomes a prostitute. Whereas in Riley's rap, the girl IS a star, although she realizes it's not what it's cracked up to be.

Good point. Well, it's not really Michael's message now, is it? It's Teddy's ;)

Arklove;3212034 said:
Good point. Well, it's not really Michael's message now, is it? It's Teddy's ;)

I wonder why Teddy let Tarryl do the spoken part since his stance on all this? Is it known when Tarryl recorded that part?

Tsukiji;3212042 said:
I wonder why Teddy let Tarryl do the spoken part since his stance on all this? Is it known when Tarryl even recorded that part?

I figured it would have been Teddy to do it himself, since he wrote the part...

Why is there nothing yet on michaeljackson.com? And is it single released worldwide or only in the US? It's available for download where, on itunes? I am worried that there will be again almost no promotion for this single...

Maybe they should just release all the original demo tracks of the album, HT, AD etc...

Last edited:
I'm glad there is a second single and that HT is going to get a shot at the charts (As long as they remove the spoken section and replace with a GOOD rap by some contempory artist)

BUT it's too late to save 'Michael' in the UK, US and Australia. The album completely dead in those places.

PLUS the singles charts are starting to ramp up again after Xmas and there will be more competition in March than in February. Anyway, I hope they use the next few weeks to put together a good video and plan some proper promo for the single.
I hope they don't repeat the complete balls-up they did with HMH.

The single is on itunes now (as it has been since the album was released), but the promo won't begin until the song is released to radio.

Is this only for the UK?

And is Sony planning any promotion for this, like a video or anything else?

I'm glad that they decided to go with HT. It's a great song.

AAAAAAAAAAAooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!

5hollywoodtonight.jpg

My problem with the spoken part is that it sucks all of the energy right out of the song. The song starts off with such great energy and then that spoken part comes along and sucks all the fun out of it.

I can just see it now

People are out having a good time and then Hollywood Tonight comes on. People start dancing and start having fun with it and then the spoken part kicks in. Everyone stops dancing and goes ''Errrr'' and then akwardly sits back in they're seats

Back