Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

h0pe we get this in cd form with maybe another unreleased track on as extra ?

i hope this song get more promotion than what hold my hand did.

Hess;3212474 said:
^^^

You're welcome.

;)

Gaz;3212567 said:
I have confirmed this to be true, I have updated the first post with the official Sony press release.

I for one do not go around misleading fans or telling lies. I will never say anything unless I have full info from either Sony or the Estate whom I have direct contact.

Hope this clears that matter up.

Thanks Gaz! :hi:

The great thing about this is that it's a fully 100% Michael Jackson song. Cause let's face it Hold My Hand was really just an Akon song featuring Michael.

To me Hollywood Tonight is this albums true single debut

Can someone confirm that a second single being released 3 months after the first single is common?

I first thought it was a long gap but then I realized that Screm was released in May 1995 and the second single, You Are Not Alone, was released in August 1995.

8701girl;3212606 said:
i hope this song get more promotion than what hold my hand did.

and also more promotion than the album did........but why wait so long to release the second single?

I am so glad another single is released.

I SOO hope BTM will be the next single - maybe with BOJ on the physical single.

I hope I will hear this song on the radio since I never heard Hold My Hand on the radio. I hope it's given to the stations that play Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Bieber etc. How I thought this album and first song would be promoted wasn't all as I thought. It made me sad.

Gaz;3212567 said:
I have confirmed this to be true, I have updated the first post with the official Sony press release.

I for one do not go around misleading fans or telling lies. I will never say anything unless I have full info from either Sony or the Estate whom I have direct contact.

Hope this clears that matter up.

do you know when will the single come out?
will there be a video?

only download or both download and CD?

The Estate told me that “Hollywood Tonight” is confirmed as the second single for the UK.
So...

Will HT be a single in the USA too, or just the UK? WOuldn't surprise me if they don't release it here in the US. Wish they would!

I think its impossible to make a video for any of these releases with Michael,,,after all He is the artist...:(

i was hoping for monster, but ohwell i loove HT i just hope they remove the spoken part! It didnt fit IMO.
cant waait!!

i love EVERYTHING about HT. the spoken part is alright i have grown to love things that dont seem to fit into his songs. Michael always had someone do a part in a song because he liked new talent. The spoken part is just like the raps in BoW. i love all of it and i hope that its released in EVERY state lol.

Tsukiji;3211342 said:
Best song since the Eighties? :unsure: lol..ok

Wonder if they will editing out that spoken part? I hope so..

Yeah right? Makes me laugh. It is a good thing we do not depend on these statements to choose what we want to buy.

Thrill;3212740 said:
Can someone confirm that a second single being released 3 months after the first single is common?

I first thought it was a long gap but then I realized that Screm was released in May 1995 and the second single, You Are Not Alone, was released in August 1995.
That's because Scream was a double-A side single along with Childhood. You Are Not Alone is essentialy the 3rd single from HIStory and Scream/Childhood were the first 2.

flutinggnee;3212810 said:
Will HT be a single in the USA too, or just the UK? WOuldn't surprise me if they don't release it here in the US. Wish they would!
Are you talking about a CD single? I don't think CD singles are released in the US anymore. I haven't seen one in a store in a very long time.

It is said that the single' available for download. Do you know where to download it?

"Best song since the Eighties?" :laugh:
As much as I like the song, this remark is beyond ridiculous. What planet does he live on?

I've read some chatter about them possibly wanting Gaga for the HT video. I think this is an AWESOME idea and would really help to promote the song. Regardless of what some MJ fans think of her, she is extremely HOT right now and has publicly stated her appreciation of MJ on several occasions. If not Gaga, Britney, Beyoncé or Katy would also be great IMO. As MJ is no longer here, they could really use a major star.

Last edited by a moderator:
ExoticPrincess;3212761 said:
and also more promotion than the album did........but why wait so long to release the second single?

That is something i too dont understand.......its so strange

8701girl;3213054 said:
That is something i too dont understand.......its so strange

could it be that they were waiting for the pre trial to be over?

NO , they where waiting for believe it or not, for hold my hand to fall completly out of the charts, or maybe a video to be finished???

Im looking forward to this and i really do think Michael should be in this but in animated form, just imagine what Pixar or Disney could do for a video to this!

Think about it estate!

T

flutinggnee;3212810 said:

Yeah, it's probably a UK-only thing.

I wasn't talking about a physical CD single in the USA, just some airplay--which HMH didn't get! :(

Back