Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

This is fantastic news! I'm all for Hollywood Tonight, perfect choice. And also there's going to be a physical cd-single!! :dance:

^ (analogue)
This!

I don't hate that spoken part. But i completely agree with above, when i imagine the song being played in a club..

Aaaand: If anyone should speak that part, it should be Teddy.

A Bridge by Michael himself would be best.

Or an energetic rap, like 50's in 'Monster'.

bjoernclausen;3211322 said:

It has the extraordinary confidence of a pop classic and presages an album that may well be Jackson’s best work since his Eighties glory days.” Neil McCormick, Daily Telegraph

imager.php

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping that they release an acapella version.

A remix with the bridge replaced or the demo version would be perfect.

I think the spoken part is far too long for radio but we shall see, I'm hoping it gets replaced by a guitar solo or rap.

Sophielo;3212269 said:
I think the spoken part is far too long for radio but we shall see, I'm hoping it gets replaced by a guitar solo or rap.

This is how I feel as well. I love the song and I do not hate the spoken part but it's way too long IMO.

Sophielo;3212269 said:

Guitar solo, Keyboard solo, a rap. Just anything other than that spoken part lol

analogue;3212243 said:
My problem with the spoken part is that it sucks all of the energy right out of the song. The song starts off with such great energy and then that spoken part comes along and sucks all the fun out of it.

I can just see it now

People are out having a good time and then Hollywood Tonight comes on. People start dancing and start having fun with it and then the spoken part kicks in. Everyone stops dancing and goes ''Errrr'' and then akwardly sits back in they're seats

hahaha...so true..it's like a droid being shut down....what a buzz kill :wtf:

OnirMJ;3212073 said:
Why is there nothing yet on michaeljackson.com? And is it single released worldwide or only in the US? It's available for download where, on itunes? I am worried that there will be again almost no promotion for this single...
Good questions. I really hope they go "balls out" with the promotion for this. Unfortunately, their actions with the project so far appear to be more reacative than proactive in terms of planning and execution. Let's hope for better things ahead.

"HT" with a good video and a cd single available will go straigh to the number one spot !

Sony, You owe this to MJ !

A new Number One !

Tsukiji;3212042 said:
I wonder why Teddy let Tarryl do the spoken part since his stance on all this? Is it known when Tarryl recorded that part?

It was done before Tarryl started to speak against certain tracks.

czechstar;3212312 said:
source for this?

Yeah, until this is on michaeljackson.com, I'd take this with a grain of salt, especially the part about there being a physical CD single release, and especially in March. The single would have to have a very long chart life for a physical CD to be released so late.

The press release says the song is now available for download, but that's only the album track, and that track has been available from the very first day of release.

And is the release only for Europe, or the States also?

They should be releasing BTM, it is ten times better than anything else on the album and if not BTM then it has to be Monster. I have played the album to all my mates and nearly every one picked BTM as their favourite song.

Oh and i agree with everybody else lose the spoken word part, it ain't Michael and i kills the song, especially when it keep repeating near the end.

Last edited:
Confirmed by GAZ.

He is in contact with SONY or The Estate (or is it both)

GAZ has never been wrong before when confirming things like this.

I am very happy ... I hope that "Hollywood Tonight" will be a big hit... :clapping: I love Hollywood Tonight", is my favorite!

E N O U G H

with the Cascio tracks! talking about them will not make them vanish ! they are ON THE ALBUM, you can SKIP THEM. DEAL WITH IT.

and if you DO NOT support the album, do not ruin it for those who do. I too doubt the Cascio tracks, but this is too much people!

As for Hollywood Tonight, this is GREAT NEWS!

VI-DE-O! VI-DE-O! VI-DE-O!

we want a new MJ hit, and this could be it, cause the song is a killer!

I'm happy about Hollywood Tonight!!!!:clapping:
I believe Behind the Mask will be the Third tract released. :cheeky:

AnnieRUOkay89;3212329 said:
It was done before Tarryl started to speak against certain tracks.

He'd already made his feelings known. He claimed Teddy did the Cascio songs so that he might get a real Michael Jackson song and HT was that song. So he'd already voiced his concerns. As, apparently, did Teddy.

CherubimII;3212511 said:
I'm happy about Hollywood Tonight!!!!:clapping:
I believe Behind the Mask will be the Third tract released. :cheeky:

I hope you are right.

Behind The Mask is a perfect MJ song. :clapping:

I have confirmed this to be true, I have updated the first post with the official Sony press release.

I for one do not go around misleading fans or telling lies. I will never say anything unless I have full info from either Sony or the Estate whom I have direct contact.

Hope this clears that matter up.

Back