BAD25 | Charts & Sales History

Question - are we running a sprint or a marathon for this?

The marketing strategy suggests a marathon, which I am quite happy with. There must be a reason or reasons for the decisions taken. Let us have a bit more faith in the people responsible for this.

You could be right. Maybe they were thinking that BAD 25 might get 2 "sprints" in sales when they bring out album and document out is separate times:)

currently on iTunes

Bad 25th Anniversary
#14 Italy
#17 Spain
#18 Poland
#19 Belgium
#20 Brazil
#23 France
#25 Hong Kong
#25 Thailand
#26 Austria
#36 Luxembourg
#40 Taiwan
#41 Mexico
#41 Taiwan
#47 United States
#52 United Kingdom
#66 Denmark
#77 Netherlands
#90 Sweden
#92 Ireland
#92 Norway
#99 Belgium
#100 Mexico
#110 Switzerland
#111 Brazil
#120 Canada
#170 Netherlands
#258 Germany

It isn't exactly setting the iTunes charts on fire, at least not yet. I guess it's understandable since probably most fans would rather have a physical copy, but I thought it still would have done a little better on iTunes too. Making it into the top10 on iTunes would have given the album some exposure, and maybe increased the sales. Oh well, let's just hope lots of people are actually buying the physical album.

BAD25 currently :

#1 on Amazon.fr
#2 on Amazon.it
#11 on Amazon.co.uk
#12 on Amazon.co.jp
#18 on Amazon.com
#30 on Amazon.de

I'm surprised that it is performing so bad in Germany. MJ was always on the top there.

I'm surprised that it is performing so bad in Germany. MJ was always on the top there.

Yeah, I wondered about that the other day too. Germany was such a stronghold of MJ fandom in the past, but recently they seemed to "abandon him".

The single "BAD 2012" had a "hot shot debut" at No. 42, Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/c...ts-christina-aguilera-s-body-1007951072.story

Dance/Club Play Songs
*** No. 1 *** "Spectrum (Say My Name)" Florence + The Machine
Greatest Gainer No. 5 "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" P!nk
Hot Shot Debut No. 42 "Bad 2012" Michael Jackson Featuring Pitbull
Debut No. 43 "As Long As You Love Me" Justin Bieber Featuring Big Sean
Debut No. 44 "I Was Here" Beyonce
Debut No. 46 "Killin' It" Krewella
Debut No. 48 "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)" David Guetta Featuring Sia
Debut No. 49 "Don't Fail Me Now" Melanie Amaro

CHART HISTORY:

I Just Can't Stop Loving You / Don't Be Messin' 'Round

United States
Hot Singles Sales
#1 (5,000) - ?

Spain
Physical Singles
#1 - #2 - #3 - #2 - #2- #2 - #2 - #4 - #4 - #2 - #5 - #3 - #5 - #4 - #5 - #5

Canada
Physical Singles
#1 - ?

Hungary
#6 - ?

Japan
Hot 100
#92 - ?

Oricon
#39 - ?

France
#64 - ?

Bad (Remix featuring Pitbull)

US
Billboard Hot Dance Club Play

Billboard Dance/Electronic Digital Songs

Japan
Hot 100
#52 - ?

Hot 100 Airplay
#31 - ?

Adult Contemporary Airplay
#16 - ?

Austria
#45 - OUT

Last edited:
It's #17 on amazon.com now. Not too bad, especially since it's about three times more expensive than the other albums on that list.

#1 Amazon.fr
#1 Amazon.it
#10 Amazon.co.uk
#14 Amazon.com
#15 Amazon.co.jp
#27 Amazon.de

C'mon German fans, what's up with you?

Hopefully ads during the X factor helps sales in UK. Although I'm happy how well it is doing considering it is 2 times more expensive than others on the list.

I noticed there are only 20 comments on UK Amazon for Deluxe, and some of them not very good:-(
The usual whinging about quality, but there must be something positive to say about this package too?

More than ads, maybe they should play the APOM video from the DVD on TV!

It's fair to mention the video quality issue in a review so that buyers won't expect HD quality, but some narrow-minded fans like to overreact. Overall the reviews are positive on Amazon UK as I see it. I see one person giving it one star because of the quality. Honestly, I wish some fans would think before they write. Such overreactions harm noone but Michael and aren't even fair. To me one star is something that totally sucks, there is not one positive thing about it. Surely, a MJ fan would find something positive in this DVD even if he is displeased with the quality? Michael's performance, anyone? And as I see it this person signed up to Amazon just to trash this release. Some fans are just :doh:. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
I agree.
I wrote my post that review in my mind. The package contains 3 CD's and one DVD and that person gave only 1 star because of quality. According to this logic, all other 3 CD's doesn't deserve any stars at all! Makes me wonder if this person is fan after all:doh:

Does anyone know when we are going to start hearing more official numbers, like how many units sold in different countries?

I hope it will be in millions :wild:

I am surprise too. Maybe German Fans do not buy the BAD25 from Amzon.de

I cannot believe the sales are so low in Germany. There is a huge base there.

I am surprise too. Maybe German Fans do not buy the BAD25 from Amzon.de

I cannot believe the sales are so low in Germany. There is a huge base there.

Me too! Even "Michael" sold very well in Germany! :mello:

Amazon (Italy): #1
Amazon (France): #1
Amazon (Canada): #2
Amazon (UK): #10
Amazon (Japan): #10 + #76 (import)
Amazon (USA): #13
Amazon (Germany): #29

ITUNES:
#4 Hungary
#10 Belgium
#16 France
#19 Poland
#20 Spain
#22 Hong Kong
#26 Mexico
#27 Italy
#38 Japan
#40 Norway
#47 Brazil
#61 United States
#64 Thailand
#68 United Kingdom
#70 Austria
#74 Netherlands
#110 Switzerland
#114 Brazil
#122 Singapore
#126 Canada
#128 Denmark
#215 Taiwan
#245 Luxembourg
#265 Portugal
#291 Germany

Guys! Remeber,this is only Amazon...maybe in total in Gemany it sold more than in Italy or France
P.S. I'm suprised it's performing so good in Italy

Well Bad25 for pop albums in the US Itunes #9 Uk #9 france #3 Belgium #3 and The King of Pop is #4 umm History is #9 in Denmark Italy Bad25 is #8 in japan The king of Pop is #9 and Spain Bad25 is #3

According to today’s Official Chart Update, The Killers’ Battle Born looks set to debut at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart this coming Sunday.

The Las Vegas band’s latest album, which was released on Monday, has shot ahead of P!nk’s The Truth About Love (Number 2), and currently leads the Blow Me (One Last Kiss) singer’s long awaited sixth studio album by 9,000 copies.

If The Killers can maintain their momentum through to Sunday’s final whistle, it will give frontman Brandon Flowers and co their fourth Number 1 on UK shores.

The Script, who topped the Official Singles Chart last weekend with Hall Of Fame FT Will.I.Am, fall one place to Number 3 in today’s Official Albums Chart Update with their latest full-length, #3, while current reigning album kings and queens The XX slide three places to Number 4 with Coexist. Emeli Sande’s Our Version Of Events holds firm at Number 5.

New Entries

In addition to The Killers’ Battle Born (Number 1) and P!nk’s The Truth About Love (2), there are 12 other new entries on this week’s Official Albums Chart Update.

The 25th anniversary edition of Michael Jackson’s seminal 1987 album, Bad, is on course to debut at Number 6 on this week’s chart. The album, which spawned nine Top 40 hits (including the Number 1 I Just Can't Stop Loving You) between ’87 and ’89, is the UK’s ninth biggest selling album of all time.

Call Me Maybe star Carly Rae Jepsen is currently at Number 8 with new offering Kiss, while US indie rockers Grizzly Bear and Band Of Horses look set to score their highest charting UK albums to date with Shields and Mirage Rock at numbers 11 and 13, respectively.

US blues quartet Rival Sons are at 19 with Head Down, Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora’s Aftermath Of The Lowdown is at 25, while Skink Anansie’s Black Traffic (27) also looks set to give the Brit rockers their highest charting album since reforming in 2009.

This week’s new entries are completed by Marillion’s seventeenth studio album, Sounds That Can’t Be Made, at Number 27, Ben Folds Five’s The Sound Of The Life Of The Mind (31), Nelly Furtado’s The Spirit Indestructible (34), We Are The Ocean’s Maybe Today Maybe Tomorrow (38) and Down’s Episode 1 Of 4 (39).

The Official Albums Chart Update Top 40 is as follows:
06 BAD MICHAEL JACKSON
As for rest of the chart, see it here:
http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/can-the-killers-make-it-a-fourth-number-1-album-1598/

i am from austria, and i am not surprised its not doing well in germany and austria. i also think in switzerland.
cause we should pay the most for this in the world. most people are not willing to pay this price. 40 euro is weird!
i ordered my copy from the uk. i pay 28 euros incl shipping. (shipped from a country far away, and get it 40% cheaper!) and i'm still waiting. i dont have a big problem with that, but i will get it 40% !!! cheaper.
horrible how they trying to make business here in middle europe!

its like the same with this shitty EU. how they diss us, and steal our money. :evil: paying billions and billions of euros for the multis, banks,... (normal people like us dont get a cent of this)

Last edited:
the standart 2cd edition cost 17euro and deluxe 35euro at Amazon. And I got it one day before official release. It will drop in few weeks. thats the usual price for that among of cds. It is expensive.
Immortal still cost 16euro.
Don't know how its in stores.

in the 90s maxi-cd with 4-5 songs cost 12 DM. where full album was 19-29 DM i think.

It not only with cds like that. tv's and every kind of electronics is way to expensive.

Both The Bad Tour DVD and The Bad 25 Deluxe Edition were #3 on Amazon Canada for Best Selling Music Videos & Concerts and Pop Music.

It's fair to mention the video quality issue in a review so that buyers won't expect HD quality, but some narrow-minded fans like to overreact. Overall the reviews are positive on Amazon UK as I see it. I see one person giving it one star because of the quality. Honestly, I wish some fans would think before they write. Such overreactions harm noone but Michael and aren't even fair. To me one star is something that totally sucks, there is not one positive thing about it. Surely, a MJ fan would find something positive in this DVD even if he is displeased with the quality? Michael's performance, anyone? And as I see it this person signed up to Amazon just to trash this release. Some fans are just :doh:. Ridiculous.

Oh my God, YES. I hate it when fans do that! Why can't those people see that the only one they're hurting is Michael? Haters are going to be delighted if they see new Michael products get bad reviews, they don't care if the bad reviews are because of poor video quality or whatever. Most people don't even read those reviews, they just check how many stars the product has on average.

I try to be understanding of other fans, but I just can't understand that kind of behaviour, I just can't. What kind of a fan is trying to sabotage their idol's own work?

Does anyone know when we are going to start hearing more official numbers, like how many units sold in different countries?

I hope it will be in millions :wild:

For US numbers, HDD usually updates their prediction based on one day's sales, so we could get that estimate pretty soon. For official numbers in most countries we'll have to wait until next week, probably around next Thursday or so.

I hope it sells well too, but I'm afraid the first week sales won't be that good. In most countries there's no promotion at all, and you can hardly even find the album in stores. Here in my country they didn't even have it in stores when I checked today. It can't sell well when people can't even find a copy to buy.

Back