Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

Re: Another book -the Bodyguards...

I was confusing it with that Karen Moriarty book but she doesn't speak about Michael's "last days." Why working if you can whore and cash in Michael Jackson! :doh: :ninja:

Karen Moriarty did speak on things she knew nothing about, first hand. She wanted to sensationalize the book and bring in other aspects of MJ's life, not just the Bodyguards personal accounts. And she was inaccurate on many things because she used unreliable sources. There was a dispute about how the book should be written and she and the Bodyguards separated but she wrote it anyway using information they supplied, For some reason they had no legal recourse. I think they naively signed off when they collaborated with her. Now it looks they are doing their own account. I'm hoping because they have a new respected writer it may be done with some sensitivity. I am kind of concerned because Mike Garcia is not involved, but I won't judge until I read it. I love the cover is very classy. I hope they keep it. Publishers who want it noticed on the shelves, cheapen it by insisting on splashy red banners and such as they did with Jermaine and Franks book.

Mike Garcia

Dear Michael Jackson fans,
Ive been notified by many of the book thats coming out. I am in no way connected to this book and please stop asking me if you should buy it. It is strictly up to you and I will not discourage anyone. I dont know whats in the book or if they included me. We know how people have used Mr Jackson, so my advice is to use your own judgement.

Thank you and much love to you all that have been sooooo nice to me. God Bless

Thank you, Qbee and everyone for the news on this... I am so wary of books supposedly about MJ's private life, since 1. I don't think it's our business, considering how private he wanted to keep things (and why shouldn't he, or anyone, for that matter?) 2. I don't trust a lot of the conflicting stories I read, even from '1st hand' sources, so many seem to have had motives other than respecting/perpetuating MJ's legacy in a positive way, and 3. considering how much I disliked the Cascio book I pretty much made a pact with myself to shun MJ bios. I love Joe Vogel's books on Michael, and stories from those who worked with him in the studio or on tour. To me, they tell me much more about Michael than any of the people he trusted to respect his privacy and who have subsequently betrayed that trust for money. I like the cover of the bodyguards' book very much, that, at least, has some class.

I love Joe Vogel's books on Michael, and stories from those who worked with him in the studio or on tour. To me, they tell me much more about Michael than any of the people he trusted to respect his privacy and who have subsequently betrayed that trust for money.

Thank you, Kerry, couldn't agree with you more!

I was thinking of writing a wild, crazy, hot, X-rated, love story about me and some super star. I mean, since a lot of these books have made up stuff in it, I may as well write a hot fiction. Maybe I will write it about Michael. I could use a title like these:

1) Michael Jackson: Above & Below and Round & Round

2) MJ S-- In the Closet causing Blood on The Dance Floor: A Thriller Beast

3) Michael Jackson: S-- that wont Stop Until You Have Enough[/U]

that 3rd sentence is the best f*****g s*** is the best thing i've read in my life. Is it ok if I use that for an art exam if i'm allowed? if cursing is allowed lol.

that 3rd sentence is the best f*****g s*** is the best thing i've read in my life. Is it ok if I use that for an art exam if i'm allowed? if cursing is allowed lol.

**Hey--spread the happiness!!!

I think this book will get a lot of sales from fans and will be a bestseller. I remember that the guards said that they could not get a publisher because the publishers wanted them to write the typical negative things, so now that they have a publisher, what does it mean? Did they find a publisher that will allow them to write the way they wanted to? I just hope they don't use the form of writing where they are saying what Michael was thinking and quote dialog Michael was having with others when they were not in the room--you know acting as though they were invisible flies on the walls.

I think this book will get a lot of sales from fans and will be a bestseller.

r3mJf.gif

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif
:fear:

Re K.Moriarty, I read her book and she has gotten a lot of excellent reviews on Amazon and most of what people say is that they learned a lot of positive info about MJ that they didn't know before and that she helped them see him sympathetically and not through the false prism of the media bs. I know she has been faulted for using sources like Tarraborelli, etc, and for not covering the 2005 trial accurately (she did not discuss Jason Francia for one thing), so her book has flaws no doubt, but on the whole it is helping people see MJ in a good light, sympathetically, explaining the difficulties and challenges and how he achieved so much in spite of them.

re the bodyguards, she makes it clear that the issue over which her discussions and plans to work with them broke down was Conrad Murray. They saw CM as a good doctor, not responsible for MJ's death, and she saw CM very differently and could not portray him the way they wanted and so they ended the collaboration. It's true she uses info from them in the first chapters of her book, so I am not sure how she was able you do that legally, but she says they parted on good terms. Remember the bodyguards were the ones who recommended CM to MJ when he needed a doctor for the kids, so it makes sense they would defend him.

Jamba so who do the bodyguards blame for Michael's death? If Conrad is not to be blamed do they see it as Michael's fault 100%? Also, the bodyguards were not in Michael's room each night with Muarry so they really can't give any factual information about what took place there, except for what they saw and heard when Muarry called them into the house. Oh well the book will be out soon.

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif

And here we go again .... :sigh: Now is the time these guys make some extra money (or not? :smilerolleyes:) by telling stories of Michael's private life! :blink: Very cool! :smilerolleyes: Each piece dissected of Michael's private life, every step that man gave in his life.... been thrown into to world. Many fans will love this book! :bugeyed :fear:

I do not support this crap. :nono: I support books like "Man in the music". -_- The world has enough about the private life of Michael. Leave the man alone! :perrin:

By Amazon:

:wtf2
t7iucjjpg.gif

Financial crises????? :lmao: :blink: :fear: These guys can only be kidding! :bugeyed: Now they are also experts on the financial life of Michael!? :smilerolleyes: What do these guys know? :blink: Maybe Michael shared about his financial life with them! :D :wild: :p *sarcasm :smilerolleyes:* They will say a lot of shit .... :doh:

I feel the same way. Damn, is there anyone out there that WON'T sell Mike out??? This is some BS. . .

CallingBSlol_zps950c1577.jpg

Last edited:

I love the naivety (yes, many are still very naive ) of the fans. These guys are reliable sources about anything of Michael's life? :blink: Not! . This book is dispensable and can not be considered a must-read to know more about MJ. -_- I'll get my popcorn and eagerly await the scenes of the next chapters about the whole thing.... Soon many fans will read this book and be euphoric discussing and dissecting every bit of the book. :doh: Just scary.... :puke: But it's my opinion :fear: and I know many will not agree. :coffee:

There is that big thread where the bodyguards answered questions. Maybe they will put all that in the book.

Jamba so who do the bodyguards blame for Michael's death? If Conrad is not to be blamed do they see it as Michael's fault 100%? Also, the bodyguards were not in Michael's room each night with Muarry so they really can't give any factual information about what took place there, except for what they saw and heard when Muarry called them into the house. Oh well the book will be out soon.

Maybe we will find out in the new book. You're right they were not in the room each night--they stayed outside the house in a trailer, same thing at Carolwood. There were bodyguards in Vegas and bodyguards in LA--not sure if they were all the same ones, but obviously Moriarty spoke to the ones in Vegas who were there when MJ arrived in December 06 from Ireland. I think she gave more info re her discussions with them in a radio interview. This was before the CM trial and the bodyguards in Vegas defended Murray--they only saw the 'good side.'

These bodyguards were NOT with MJ in 2009! The last time they served him was in 2008, so they are not in the position of commenting on his death any more than any of us. If they defend Murray that's not because of anything they know but rather because probably they sympathize with him for some reason.

I can't say that I'm for or against it honestly. They worked closely with Michael (within the parameters of their jobs at least) and I'm sure they have some cool stories to share. Whether this book will praise/defame him, who knows; personally I'm not all that interested lol. That's not a knock to the bodyguards, I'm just kinda over the whole "the memoirs of MJ (through everyone else's eyes except MJ's lol)" thing in general. If it's good, I wish them success, if it's a gossip fest then they can go to hell lol.

Of all of the stories from people that Michael had relationships with (romantic, professional, friendships, etc.) that we've all heard over the years, I've always thought it was interesting that seemingly no one person got to see every side of him. He seemed to only open certain doors for certain people and the doors varied depending on who he was interacting with; who knows if anyone could ever give a true "the real Michael when the cameras are off" account of Michael. I get the feeling no one person was ever privy to all of his facets. And even if there are those people out there, I have a stronger feeling that their loyalty to Michael was so immoveable that they'll take all those stories and memories to the grave. I guess I hate that and love that about him all at the same time lol. I'd love to know more of him, to peek behind the curtain a little more. But I know that it's that same mysterious nature that made him so magnetic and intriguing...

I know editing exists, but the discrepancies that existed within the Good Morning America 2 part Interviews have me wondering if I could validate the book.

Raymone Bain was Michael's business manager until December of 2007. Also, during this time L Londell McMillan worked for Michael. Michael also had an accountant company that he did terminate, but nonetheless, Michael did hire professionals to help run his empire. The Prince of Bahrain loaned Michael money and they were together for almost a year, when Sony officials came to Bahrain in the Spring of 2006 and helped Michael refinance his loan against the partnership that Michael enjoyed. It was right around the time Michael flew to Japan to attend an awards show, was when Michael left Bahrain for good.

The house that was shown, Michael did lease at least 3 homes in Las Vegas between Dec of 2006 and 2008. The final home he leased, was where some of his prized car's were being stored. Expensive homes can come with climate controlled rooms for storage of expensive car collections. Michael also stayed at the Palms and did not have an issue with his credit card. Michael enjoyed the state of the art recording studio at the Palms. Michael had moved out of one of the homes he leased and moved into the Palms, during his residency in Las Vegas.

These are just some of the examples of why I'm not sure if the book will not be more about sensationalism than anything else. It's almost as if someone doesn't say that Michael had been with a girl, than Michael must be a child molester. That if someone who writes a book about Michael needs to include this one fact alone and the fan's will flock to the book store and buy the book and make those kindhearted body guards, who encountered financial ruin for their loyalty to their employer (I call bullpuckey), for they demanded their money for services rendered.

7249634471dc42d2904640d99c8afaf8.jpg

L. Londell McMillan

^^ Alicat Could be accounting firm you say he terminated was who was causing the mishaps with MJ's cash flow. All we can do is speculate what happened by the sparse info we have. Also which of these bodyguards said they encountered financial ruin or demanded money??? I know they stated they had to wait a long period of time to be paid because of financial problems that were not MJ's fault. But I haven't seen any information that these particular BG's demanded Money. Now if they put a claim to be paid for services that were not paid for that is only right and fair. But the only Lawsuit demanding payment I've seen is from Michael Amir who was MJ's personal assistant and BG at Carrolwood.

Can someone explain this to me...

Now I understand that these bodyguards did not see what happened and what they say should be taken a bit lightly no matter how right or wrong they are in there view of things.... They were not there in 2009..

BUT my question is this..

For those who agree with me there and say things like "They should not comment" because they don't know what happened, in return hold people liable for not 'helping' Michael when they had the chance.. Fans say that about Debbie, Family Members, various drs. he hasn't seen for years, old friends etc..

We put blame on Michaels death on people that have been pushed out of Michaels life or simply have not had a big part of his life, but for bodyguards that were with Michael 1 year prior to his death don't even have the RIGHT to have an opinion because they are that irrelevant.

To me they are MORE relevant to Michaels death than lets say Debbie or many family members because they were closer to him in his later years. YES not his last year but close to it...

If we can say this person or that person enabled and has blame, we can say security enabled also... I can't say for sure with these specific bodyguards, but who do you think often picked up medication?? Security! Often security would leave Michaels house for a short bit and come back with brown paper bags... Do you think Michael Jackson could walk into a pharmacy and just say "I'm John Smith picking up my medication".. Heck no!

^ They have a right to have an opinion, like everyone else. But everyone else does not write a book about their opinion.

Personally I'm tired of "tell-alls" about MJ. I want books about his music, his art. I'm a lot more excited about Susan Faust's upcoming book on the Dangerous album than this.

It's also morally questionable IMO for security guards to write a book about someone they worked for. They probably signed confidentiality agreements, you know... Not that confidentiality agreements ever mattered to anyone when it came to MJ, but it's sad that people think it's just a piece of paper that they don't have to respect.

I know they say they want to "defend" MJ and they promise it to be positive and because of that fans cheer them on, but when they were on TV they were talking about MJ's finances and things like that. Do fans really not see the problem with this? It's invading his privacy, things like these are not the public's or fan's business. Do we, as fans, REALLY need to know such things?
And like usual with these kind of books I also expect that they will spice it up with things they invent to make it more interesting and marketable.

Personally I don't think there's any need for this book and I think it's disrespectful to Michael.

^ I get what youre saying..

my point was more so for the people that make it seem like what they have to say has no warrant because they were not around.. But still put blame on people that have not been in Michaels life for YEARS for his death. it makes no sense to me!

^ I get what youre saying..

my point was more so for the people that make it seem like what they have to say has no warrant because they were not around.. But still put blame on people that have not been in Michaels life for YEARS for his death. it makes no sense to me!

They were not around Michael when he died, so their opinion about Michael's death does not account for more than anyone else's opinion IMO. And to be honest the moment they said that Murray was not to blame I knew they were totally clueless about Michael's death and how he died. Or if they have evidence which exonarates Murray then they should have presented it to Court.

We do not need these bodyguards to tell us for the millionth time about MJ's prescription drug habits. If you are curious about all that just read the court transcripts. If the bodyguards have any knowledge that would have made a difference in the outcome of either the Murray trial or the AEG trial than writing a book is not the way to present that knowledge. They should have submitted it to court.

^ I don't think you get what I'm saying at all

^ I don't think you get what I'm saying at all

Yeah, I have to admit I don't understand the comparation you have made here:

I don't see how one issue connects to the other, so I went back to your previous post where you said this:

We put blame on Michaels death on people that have been pushed out of Michaels life or simply have not had a big part of his life, but for bodyguards that were with Michael 1 year prior to his death don't even have the RIGHT to have an opinion because they are that irrelevant.

To me they are MORE relevant to Michaels death than lets say Debbie or many family members because they were closer to him in his later years. YES not his last year but close to it...

If we can say this person or that person enabled and has blame, we can say security enabled also... I can't say for sure with these specific bodyguards, but who do you think often picked up medication?? Security! Often security would leave Michaels house for a short bit and come back with brown paper bags... Do you think Michael Jackson could walk into a pharmacy and just say "I'm John Smith picking up my medication".. Heck no!

You seem to say the bodyguards are more relevant than others because they "enabled" MJ more recently in buying him perception drugs. I still don't understand this logic but I could not make anything else of it.

The "enablers", wasn't this always the issue with Michael though? His bodyguards were employed to not just shield him from physical danger, but also to an extent, do his bidding no-questions-asked. If they were to start getting too curious or start offering too much input, they'd be relieved of service; then in a lesser position to help him. It's easy to say "they should've helped him" of anyone that was close to him. But how do you help someone that will banish you for trying to help? It's a sticky situation for anyone that was in his life, ESPECIALLY for those that honestly were trying to look out for his better interests.

So you do the morally upright thing and lose your job in the name of helping him. What channels do you go through to offer him assistance once you've been "cast off the island" when he's not receptive to "outsiders'" commentary? How is help effective when, when it's offered, is dismissed? And for every one person that stepped over the line of their job duties to do the right thing for Michael, they were fired and three more yes-men were hired in their place. I can't fault the bodyguards for doing their jobs, even though through the simple tasks the were asked to (probably unwillingly) perform, played a hand in his ultimate demise.

I feel many of us want to place the blame on someone, anyone, anything; it gives a little comfort to identify a culprit (outside of Murray of course) and try to find order in a chaotic situation. But the bodyguards weren't the ones coaxing him into filling all those perceptions. And regardless of what led Michael to feel the need to take these actions, they were only fulfilling HIS wishes through the confidentiality of their job positions. They essentially had two choices: do the the job and silently watch him decline, or stand on the outside with a clear conscience to look in to watch someone else do it. It was a sh-tty, tragic situation, but that was/is the reality.

Sorry I went off on a tangent a little lol, just felt like I should address it out loud, I'm sure that it's nothing new to most of you. But like someone else said above, I have a bigger problem with them disclosing personal medical/financial info than anything else, there's just no need for that and it only feeds the fire of gossip. Anything else would be interesting to see, but I can't say that I'm itching to pick up a copy... :/

I think they have no business writing a book on Michael. Even if it was mostly positive I still feel there is no need for it. I feel it does add to the gossip Maybe I am in the minority here but it doesn't interest me. I think if their agenda is to show what a great person Michael was then there are other ways to show that than writing a book. This is just my opinion only.

I think they have no business writing a book on Michael. Even if it was mostly positive I still feel there is no need for it. I feel it does add to the gossip Maybe I am in the minority here but it doesn't interest me. I think if their agenda is to show what a great person Michael was then there are other ways to show that than writing a book. This is just my opinion only.

Very, very true. Or if you were that hell-bent on writing a book, donate a big ass chunk if not all of the proceeds to a cause that would make Michael smile...

I think a lot of people go off on tangents even down to making up their own scenarios of events including unfounded accusations.

If MJ was prescribed pain medication or any meds by his doctor(s) it was not up to the BGuards to judge or decide he didn't have pain and didn't need to be taking them or any prescribed meds. They are not doctors. They were not out procuring illegal illicit drugs for MJ. We also can't say MJ didn't have actual pain or needs for certain meds and shouldn't be taking them or that it was up to the bodyguards to decide that for him either. They had no right to make that decision for MJ. I find some peoples expectations and judgements very unreasonable sometimes.

Back