Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

Re: Another book -the Bodyguards...

ok I'm not sure the best way to explain what I am trying to than...

I guess if someone could answer these two questions it may make more sense..

1. Why is what these bodyguards saying irrelevant to how/why Michael passed away?

2. If irrelevant, because they were not around in 2009, why is it relevant that Debbie Rowe did/saw what she did in 1997/98? And why do think she should take some blame?

Respect I remember they had his financial papers on the tv program, which I found alarming. Why were they keeping his documents? This is similar to the people who save Michael's messages on their answering machine, in order to make some money with it later.

Basically, most if not all the people who write Michael books do so for money. That is their first priority, even books that we like such as Vogel's. Part of their living is to make money from the books they write. The problem I have is some act as though that is not why they are writing--that they just want the truth out about Michael. I am not saying a particular book will not have as an aim to bring truth to the masses, but my problem is those who like to act as though that is the only motivation they have for writing the book.

I guess now that Michael is dead, they are not held by confidentiality agreements? However, how do they get future jobs from current stars if the stars see and hear them talking about their former employer's business? If I was a prospective employer I would be cautious.

KOPV you asked this:

1. Why is what these bodyguards saying irrelevant to how/why Michael passed away?

2. If irrelevant, because they were not around in 2009, why is it relevant that Debbie Rowe did/saw what she did in 1997/98? And why do think she should take some blame?

Here is my take. The main reason Debbie Rowe came up in conversations about why she did not do something, was because in the last trial she was blaming certain doctors. Then she blamed some crew members on the tv program. This led many fans to say well Debbie you witnessed the dr. giving him prof to sleep 2 times, so rather than blame people years later, you had the opportunity to do something years ago to help. Therefore, in that context ^ people then turned and blamed. It was like saying look at yourself first Debbie.

With the bodyguards they had no involvement in Michael's passing in that there is no evidence that they saw a dr giving Michael prof on several occasions and did not try to help him. There is no evidence that they knew about prof, therefore, they can't say anything about how he passed away. Further, they were not in the house. It seems they were employed in Vegas, so they are remote from the situation in California. Even if they talk about him under the influence of some drug, there is no evidence that they knew what it was and why he was taking it, and how that related to prof which killed Michael. The point is any drug addiction of a pain killer does not have a direct link to the use of prof to sleep. We can't say because they were around in Vegas and saw Michael addicted to pain killers (which there is no evidence of), that they should have known he would die from prof, and therefore we should blame them for not doing something.

Hopefully they will stick to what they know, but few authors of tell all books do. They become psychoanalysts, mind readers, accountants, psychologists, etc.

Last edited:

ok I'm not sure the best way to explain what I am trying to than...

I guess if someone could answer these two questions it may make more sense..

- I don't think it's correct to say that whatever they have to share is "irrelevant", just additional sidebar commentary.

- Who blames Debbie? It seems most know she witnessed certain things but from what I've seen around, the people that blame Debbie and the like are in the minority. I think they do so recklessly to be honest....

Petrarose - I think we would need to read the book to say what they did or did not claim. Or is the book out and we know what the book says? (I am not really fallowing it so...)

And Purdyyunthank - I agree it is reckless

Petrarose - I think we would need to read the book to say what they did or did not claim. Or is the book out and we know what the book says? (I am not really fallowing it so...)

And Purdyyunthank - I agree it is reckless

^^Well one thing for sure is that they don't know what happened in the room because they were not there. The only people who know are Muarry and Michael, and Michael does not know what Muarry did when Michael was asleep. Now if the bodyguards will act like experts and LA detectives and try to make sense of the whole thing then that is another matter. Other than that they know nothing about his death from their own knowledge, and I say that with certainty without having to read a book. Actually all this comes from you asking that question about bodyguard and Debbie, and I don't really want to derail the thread.

Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days

Some posts on BG twitter...

https://twitter.com/MJBODYGUARDS

B&J ?@MJBODYGUARDS 15 h
http://fb.me/6rJkNY1lw
68294_466852800020764_1853680933_n.jpg

B&J ?@MJBODYGUARDS 2. Feb.
Finally! Coming June 2014 pic.twitter.com/4vIWWldVLh

B&J ?@MJBODYGUARDS 2. Feb.
@michaeljcanada @kathyv0630 Yes, it is our book to be released on June 3,, 2014 and available for pre-order now.

Re: Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days

some tweets:

Bill Whitfield ?@MJBODYGUARDS 23 h.
On pre-order now on http://Amazon.com "Remember The Time" Release date: June 3, 2014 pic.twitter.com/ZhfClrFuTx
BiEIfpBIgAEuNGi.jpg

Bill Whitfield ?@MJBODYGUARDS 4 h.
#RememberTheTime now available on your Kindle Device for pre-order on http://Amazon.com . Reserve your copy today.

Jackson Legacy ?@Jackson_Legacy 22 h.
Ok, we're getting a lot of tweets. No disrespect intended, but we will NOT be answering any questions on the B. Howard situation. Sorry.
Bill Whitfield ?@MJBODYGUARDS
@Jackson_Legacy much respect for your staying off of the gossip line.

His life and everything that entailed wasn't meant to be PUBLIC. Yes, Michael was a public figure loved by millions, but being a fan doesn't entitle one to have an all-access pass to his entire LIFE.

I've been a fan since the J5 debuted with Motown and I don't need to know what he ate for breakfast, what color his underwear was (or if he wore any), how many women he had sex with, etc. etc. In my honest opinion, that kind of "interest" is borderline obsessive and unhealthy.

There are plenty of things to love, honor and admire about Michael Jackson, but one can do that with RESPECT and can do that without needing to know every single detail about his life. Like it or not, his life that he did not share with the fans is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

Edit. Frank Dileo had time (before his passing) to write a "tell all" book about private details of Mike's life, but he DIDN'T. I recall a quote from him stating there are many things the public didn't know that he'd "take to the grave". Frank's professional connection with Mike would be an interesting read.

Last edited:

some tweets:

On pre-order now on http://Amazon.com "Remember The Time" Release date: June 3, 2014 pic.twitter.com/ZhfClrFuTx
BiEIfpBIgAEuNGi.jpg

#RememberTheTime now available on your Kindle Device for pre-order on http://Amazon.com . Reserve your copy today.

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Ok, we're getting a lot of tweets. No disrespect intended, but we will NOT be answering any questions on the B. Howard situation. Sorry.

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
angfw5.gif

Why are fans asking them about B. Howard ?

Anyway I've already ordered the book. I think it will be very interesting and respectful. (That is my hope)

some tweets:

BiEIfpBIgAEuNGi.jpg

So they have stayed off the gossip line..? When did they do that? So they have decided to not put anything about Michael's private life that they talked about on national TV after he passed in the book? I do find 3 men sitting and talking about "special friends" in the backseat of a car as gossip.
And I always wondered how they can write a book about Michael when they worked such a short time for him, and one of them even shorter. And final days? Not the last 7 months though..

I was surprisingly impressed with the overall whole image of the book. And to me , It looks respectful to Michael and this book does interest me ...Somewhat keen to know what is actually inside it ,Yes I am curious but I'm not sure if I will put it on my Kindle for the moment anyway.

I'll wait for reviews, recaps and/or available online at jetzi or others sites. That help me to find out how much of a crap book Untouchable is.

With Wade Robson trying to persuade the public that Michael's sex life was about the young flesh of young men, except Wade's version is that of a boy, these bodyguard's are trying to capitalize on this.

Hence...we have a version of prostitutes and Michael being on a date.

The prostitute story is so stupid, because Michael started his Career working in strip club's. It's where female's seduce men for money. Absolutely nothing innocent and wholesome in those places.

If you listen to Michael's songs, he absolutely understood the difference between lust and love. He read the Bible everyday. He understood his persona upon the Stage and off the Stage.

I believe Michael took a relationship a lot more seriously than what these guy's are selling. That's the whole justification of writing this book. These three guy's, former employees, found a lucrative way to make a buck. Just sell a fabricated book of fabricated stories about their former boss and viola, you got a best seller.

Alicat how do you know the bodyguards are writing about prostitutes? Did they mention something like that on their facebook?

Alicat how do you know the bodyguards are writing about prostitutes? Did they mention something like that on their facebook?

The bodyguards never said anything like her post implies. They said MJ was on a date once but nothing about him EVER being with prostitutes. They told a harmless story of MJ asking them why a girl was out on the streets so late. and they told him she was a prostitute. ( No big deal even if he did know why ) I think that may be what she is referring to. But The way Alicat wrote that implies MJ had something to do with prostitutes on his dates. She should clarify or edit that statement..

Okay ^^.

I was very interested when I first heard about it years ago, but with all the drama that started happening afterwards with the one bodyguard leaving the project I don't know what to think anymore. :dntknw: Will have to wait and see if this is good or bad.

AliCat;3969395 said:
With Wade Robson trying to persuade the public that Michael's sex life was about the young flesh of young men, except Wade's version is that of a boy, these bodyguard's are trying to capitalize on this.

Hence...we have a version of prostitutes and Michael being on a date.

The prostitute story is so stupid, because Michael started his Career working in strip club's. It's where female's seduce men for money. Absolutely nothing innocent and wholesome in those places.

If you listen to Michael's songs, he absolutely understood the difference between lust and love. He read the Bible everyday. He understood his persona upon the Stage and off the Stage.

I believe Michael took a relationship a lot more seriously than what these guy's are selling. That's the whole justification of writing this book. These three guy's, former employees, found a lucrative way to make a buck. Just sell a fabricated book of fabricated stories about their former boss and viola, you got a best seller.

wtf.gif

True or not, does not matter. The fact is that it will be a book full of stories about the private life of Michael (an bla bla bla) but that many will take as truth. :sigh: Is far to be required reading about MJ. For me serves only to be a good inspiration to write a fan fic. :p *sarcasm* And let's not be naïve in this book is just to make money... any more. -_-

qbee;3969302 said:
Why are fans asking them about B. Howard ?

For some fans anyone person who have been part of Michael's life at some point in their life, will be considered an expert about every piece of Michael's life. Then the fans ask.... :bugeyed People need to be more attentive and have the discernment to recognize who really know about MJ and who really know about private things and have some respect for Michael will keep his mouth shut and take to the grave what you know. -_- :fear:

If Michael wanted the whole world to know details of his life, what happened or did not happen, he would have revealed things in interviews or just to have written a book. But he did not because he wished to maintain privacy and that there was no need for the world to know, much less the fans. He had his life invaded and dissected since childhood. He had enough and so these people should realize that it is time to leave the man alone. We need books about "MJ Artist and his art/music" to keep his legacy alive for future generations.... and not books like these bodyguards. :fear:

Last edited:

Yep...the story of Michael out on the Vegas strip and acting like a naive school boy in regards to prostitutes did not jive with me.

Hence, why I wrote what I did and clarified it with the dichotomy with Wade's allegations and why we should not buy the former employees of Michael Jackson's, the Bodyguard's.

regurgitate.jpg

Ashtanga;3969580 said:
wtf.gif

True or not, does not matter. The fact is that it will be a book full of stories about the private life of Michael (an bla bla bla) but that many will take as truth. :sigh: Is far to be required reading about MJ. :nono: For me serves only to be a good inspiration to write a fan fic. :p *sarcasm* And let's not be naïve in this book is just to make money... any more. -_-

For some fans anyone person who have been part of Michael's life at some point in their life, will be considered an expert about every piece of Michael's life. Then the fans ask.... :bugeyed People need to be more attentive and have the discernment to recognize who really know about MJ and who really know about private things and have some respect for Michael will keep his mouth shut and take to the grave what you know. -_- :fear:

If Michael wanted the whole world to know details of his life, what happened or did not happen, he would have revealed things in interviews or just to have written a book. But he did not because he wished to maintain privacy and that there was no need for the world to know, much less the fans. He had his life invaded and dissected since childhood. He had enough and so these people should realize that it is time to leave the man alone. We need books about "MJ Artist and his art/music" to keep his legacy alive for future generations.... and not books like these bodyguards. :fear:

At least Evelyn Tavasci is a class act. I don't see a book coming from her on the horizon and she was a lot closer to Michael than the bodyguard's!

I love the cover but we cant judge a book by that. I will wait till I read it and I hope it is a good positive book. Based on their interviews and how respectful they were and how they carried themselves I have faith it will be. They seemed to genuinely care IMO. I haven't heard them say anything disrespectful or out of the way toward MJ. To me its depends on who is writing it and if it is positive, negative or plain tabloid garbage. If people want to write about their experiences in a respectful way I don't see any harm in it.. As always we each have varied opinions as we do on many topics. And everyone's opinion is valid as their own . I certainly respect yours and understand why some of you may feel the way you do. I and others see it different and that's ok too.

I don't know Alicat, I'm kind of looking at this in a different way. I don't see any thing unbelievable about the story myself. I'm sure MJ knew what a streetwalker was. but the story doesn't seem that stupid to me. It could be he just didn't realize that "particular" woman was a hooker and was concerned or maybe he was pulling their leg as he is known to do. Either way I don't see anything unbelievable or harmful in telling that sroty. Nor does it cause me to think they just made it up. . I am very sceptical by nature, but I can see this happening.

Yes that's true - Even the body guards said he read the bible daily. but I haven't heard anything from the them to suggest MJ didn't know the difference between lust and love.. not sure what you are referring to? But so far they didn't touch on that in anyway that I know of nor would they IMO..

I believe Michael took a relationship a lot more seriously than what these guy's are selling.
I didn't hear anything where they trivialized any relationship MJ had.or that he didn't take his serious relationships serious. They described a date MJ had and he was making out. behind a privacy curtain in the car, not much more than that. Sounds very normal. They didn't really get explicit about it. . But apparently it was someone he knew , liked and cared about.. How serious he was about this woman we probably will never know. It was just a cute story IMO nothing weird or unbelievable or showing MJ in a bad light.

That's the whole justification of writing this book. These three guy's, former employees, found a lucrative way to make a buck. Just sell a fabricated book of fabricated stories about their former boss and viola, you got a best seller.
Myself I didn't agree with your statements above as fact in justifying they fabricated the book. So based on my opinion, maybe they didn't fabricate it . Im not saying nothing would be embellished a little (Even MJ did that in his book ) but I think it will be based on their true experiences with Michael as his bodyguards.

So we just have 2 different opinions on that..

Since we all have different sources to what we think we know or think we don't know. I think it's natural we believe in different things and have different opinions.I understand fans wanting to believing those who openly talk about Michael more and when they talk about something fans love and find cute or funny or something else. It doesn't matter what anyone else say when bodyguards tell it all because why would they lie? For the same reason as everyone else probably. And sometimes they believe they do someone a favor by saying something everyone wants to hear.

Sorry for the rant.. Anyway, I still think they did "gossip" some, so when a fan say they are happy they don't gossip I think they are wrong. But., I can be wrong too.

I think you can't judge anything before it is presented to you. Maybe I am wrong in some people's eyes but I love to hear anecdotes about Michael, makes him all the more endearing. I will wait and see the reviews and no doubt some snippets will be released before I choose to buy or not. I've always had a good feeling about these guys especially having seen them being interviewed, they seemed to have a lot of respect for their boss.

Thread cleaned: Hey guys please don't talk down to or insult each other over your opinions or choices. Please discuss the book and voice your opinions about it without belittling the choice of other fans. Certainly you are free to state you disagree with the book and state your reasons why, but be respectful to each other. Many times it is not what you say but how you say it, Its not your place to judge fans who like or dislike or who will purchase or not purchase. Best we just discuss the book and the bodyguards and not go there.
Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board.

I don't know Alicat, I'm kind of looking at this in a different way. I don't see any thing unbelievable about the story myself. I'm sure MJ knew what a streetwalker was. but the story doesn't seem that stupid to me. It could be he just didn't realize that "particular" woman was a hooker and was concerned or maybe he was pulling their leg as he is known to do. Either way I don't see anything unbelievable or harmful in telling that sroty. Nor does it cause me to think they just made it up. . I am very sceptical by nature, but I can see this happening.

Yes that's true - Even the body guards said he read the bible daily. but I haven't heard anything from the them to suggest MJ didn't know the difference between lust and love.. not sure what you are referring to? But so far they didn't touch on that in anyway that I know of nor would they IMO..

I didn't hear anything where they trivialized any relationship MJ had.or that he didn't take his serious relationships serious. They described a date MJ had and he was making out. behind a privacy curtain in the car, not much more than that. Sounds very normal. They didn't really get explicit about it. . But apparently it was someone he knew , liked and cared about.. How serious he was about this woman we probably will never know. It was just a cute story IMO nothing weird or unbelievable or showing MJ in a bad light.

Myself I didn't agree with your statements above as fact in justifying they fabricated the book. So based on my opinion, maybe they didn't fabricate it . Im not saying nothing would be embellished a little (Even MJ did that in his book ) but I think it will be based on their true experiences with Michael as his bodyguards.

So we just have 2 different opinions on that..

Anecdotal or not, I still can't rationalize these tidbits to sell a book.

When Michael goes to such lengths to cover up pictures of nude women, in the Playboy suite at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, I can't rationalize Michael riding around with his bodyguards just for the fun of it. Sorry...no can do!

When Michael goes to such lengths to cover up pictures of nude women, in the Playboy suite at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, I can't rationalize Michael riding around with his bodyguards just for the fun of it. Sorry...no can do!

I'm not buying it, either, AliCat. Like I posted earlier, Michael kept parts of his life private and those parts should remain that way. He shared more than enough of his life with us. I find it very distasteful that some of the people that were in his life are so eager to divulge parts of it. Being dead doesn't remove one's right to privacy.

I learned far more about Mike than I wanted to know via the Murray trial; my hope is that he gets to truly rest in PEACE.

He had the picture covered because his children were staying with him, per the Hotel Owner. I'm not sure how that relates to him driving in a chauffered car with his date or even just with his BG's for fun though. The 2 events are not related in anyway that I can see. but regardless of how I see it , or anyone else sees it, you have a right to not like the book for whatever reasons you want. Not everyone sees things the same. I respect your opinion as being just as valid as mine or anyone else.

Are there other MJ fans who, like me, don't want "positive" or "negative" books, but "accurate" books -- whether the accurate content is "negative" or "positive"?

I want to know the truth about MJ. If some aspects of that truth are "negative", so be it : he was a human beings with flaws like all of us.

I judge any book about MJ not on whether the author is an adoring fan but whether he's an objective writer who evaluates testimony and facts based on their objective value.

MJ had TONS and TONS of pornography at his home. If that hadn't come out at the trial, I'm sure most fans would have denied the possibility of that ever being possible. But it was true, as negative as it was.

Back