Books you love or books you are reading now.

^Tell us what you think about it when you have finished it. It's high on my must-read list :) It was one of Michael's favourites I heard...

Me too. I absolutely adore the Potter series. I've laughed, cried and lived every page of those books.
For me, the films aren't nearly as good as the books so I always get annoyed when people judge the books from what they've seen at the cinema.
I'm off to see Hogwarts next month at Universal Studios... I can't wait!!!
!!!!! I'm jealous! :D I definitely want to go there someday! Have a great trip!!!

I'm currently reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
That became one of my favourite books after I read it last year.. very touching, I recommend it to everyone who hasn't read it yet!

I love books...

My faves are...

"the gift of acabar" OG MANDINO (one of Michael's fave books ;) )
"peter pan" J.M. BARRIE
"dancing the dream" MICHAEL JACKSON ;)

"black notice" P. Cornwell
"Insomnia" S. KING ;)
"the da vinci code" "angels & demons" D. Brown

all the Buffy the vampire slayer en Spike books ;)
oh, I love "zombie" Christopher Golden... its a collection of short stories about zombies duh... WAY TOO COOL book ;)

Books I'm currently reading :

"the life you were born to live" Dan Millman
and my own written book... LOL... "one minute" as I'm creating a sequel to it so...

must read books still to read are:

"they cage the animals at night" I didn't know this was a TRUE STORY but I have seen the video where Michael meets the author and its so heartbreaking :(

oh, I 'm so eager to read the books of my FB friend, R.B. CLAGUE... He writes HORROR... me like ;)

They are couple of books I read at least once EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

- Long Walk to Freedom (Nelson Mandela's autobio)
- Wuthering Heights (Haven't read it in a while.. it's next!)
- Count of Monte-Cristo (Never get tired of it!)
- Moonwalk (hey!)
- Twilight Saga once in a while, but I took a break of the books recently, read them many times already lol...
- Yoko Tsuno (awesome comics! been reading them since I'm 8 years old!)

I'm currenty reading Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson, and loving it.

'The Trials of Michael Jackson' Is what I am reading currently,very interesting!

Books I have read and thoroughly enjoyed:

Notre-Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo, Eugene Onegin by Aleksandr Pushkin, Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, 120 Days of Sodom, Justine, The Magistrate Mocked, and Emilie de Tourville by the Marquis de Sade, Peter Pan by JM Barrie, Dancing the Dream by Michael Jackson, Lolita and The Enchanter by Vladimir Nabokov, The Federalist by Alexander Hamilton, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Eugenie Grandet by Honore de Balzac, Candide by Voltaire, The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri, The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, The Swan King: Ludwig II of Bavaria by Christopher McIntosh, The Cherry Orchard, The Three Sisters, and The Sea Gull by Anton Chekhov, Revolutionary Girl Utena manga volumes 1-5 by Chiho Saito, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.

The book I am currently reading is The New Hermetics: 21st Century Magick For Illumination and Power by Jason Augustus Newcomb.

Books I have read and thoroughly enjoyed:

Notre-Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo, Eugene Onegin by Aleksandr Pushkin, Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, 120 Days of Sodom, Justine, The Magistrate Mocked, and Emilie de Tourville by the Marquis de Sade, Peter Pan by JM Barrie, Dancing the Dream by Michael Jackson, Lolita and The Enchanter by Vladimir Nabokov, The Federalist by Alexander Hamilton, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Eugenie Grandet by Honore de Balzac, Candide by Voltaire, The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri, The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, The Swan King: Ludwig II of Bavaria by Christopher McIntosh, The Cherry Orchard, The Three Sisters, and The Sea Gull by Anton Chekhov, Revolutionary Girl Utena manga volumes 1-5 by Chiho Saito, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.

The book I am currently reading is The New Hermetics: 21st Century Magick For Illumination and Power by Jason Augustus Newcomb.

Amazing list of books you have there. Some of them are a bit tough to digest (Marquis de Sade) but overall good list.

Here are few of my favourites

Fyodor Dostoyevsky "The house of the Deads", "Crime and Punishment", "The gambler"
Leo Tolstoy "Anna Karenina", "The resurection"
Alexander Pushkin "Eugene Oniegin" (don't know how is written in english)
Gustave Flaubert "Madame Dovary''
Goethe "Faust - a tragedy" ,
Victor Hugo "The miserables" ,
John Stainbeck "The grapes of wrath"
Umberto Ecco "The name of the rose"
Alberto Moravia "La noia" etc.ect.

Currently am reading "Brothers Karamazof"

:wild:

The movie also wonderful.

1285077551_92a9b5dcd8f75fd3bbb1277.jpg

Amazing list of books you have there. Some of them are a bit tough to digest (Marquis de Sade) but overall good list.

Here are few of my favourites

Fyodor Dostoyevsky "The house of the Deads", "Crime and Punishment", "The gambler"
Leo Tolstoy "Anna Karenina", "The resurection"
Alexander Pushkin "Eugene Oniegin" (don't know how is written in english)
Gustave Flaubert "Madame Dovary''
Goethe "Faust - a tragedy" ,
Victor Hugo "The miserables" ,
John Stainbeck "The grapes of wrath"
Alberto Moravia "La noia" etc.ect.

Currently am reading "Brothers Karamazof"

He's my favourite, though! :D

I have the Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I purchased it from a used book store. However, I haven't read it yet.

I forgot to add I also loved Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev, as well as Effi Briest by Theodor Fontane. I didn't add those two because they were technically required class reading for my Revolutionary Europe class, and the list in my original post is entirely composed of books I have pursued out of personal interest and not school reading. I also love Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (technically a play) and Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, although those were also required reading, in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade, respectively, hence the reason why I omitted them from my original list.

I have also now completed my reading of the manga series Elfen Lied, which is way better than its anime counterpart, although both are incredibly sad and beautiful. I recommend that manga to everyone who is 18+, there is a lot of gore, violence, "disturbing themes," and some nudity, although the MA rating in both the manga and anime is pretty much exclusively for the violence. It's a wonderful twelve-volume series, though. It took me only about two days to read all of it, all while multitasking, of course. ;)

20080528051229!Elfen_Lied_manga_volume_1.jpg

'Stuart: a life backwards' by Alexander Masters

A difficult read...

12288483.jpg

amazon.com said:
The Sorrows of Young Werther (1774; revised 1787) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is a short, mostly epistolary work of elevated emotion of the German Sturm und Drung period that later evolves into Romanticism.
Honorable and sensitive young Werther literally perishes from a love that can never be, a love for a married young woman, and writes his agonized letter diary to a friend, describing in tragic emotional detail his experiences.

penguinclassics said:
Visiting an idyllic German village, Werther, a sensitive young man, falls in love with sweet-natured Lotte. Though he realizes that Lotte is to marry Albert, he is unable to subdue his passion and his infatuation torments him to the point of despair. The first great 'confessional' novel, it draws both on Goethe's own unrequited love for Charlotte Buff and on the death of a close friend. The book was an immediate success and a cult rapidly grew up around it, resulting in numerous copycat deaths as well as violent criticism and suppression for its apparent support of suicide. Goethe's exploration of the mind of an artist at odds with society and ill-equipped to cope with life remains as poignant as when it was first written.

Seems eerily fitting to my life at the moment. Hehe, a mix of Goethe, Utena and Elfen Lied.

I am a huge Tolkien fan, have almost everything he wrote. :)
I loved The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie, very good story, and, no surprise, it's hilarious. I've read Les Miserables a zillion times, and Victor Hugo is one of the very few people I admire. His essays against the death penalty are amazing. I'll add A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.
And, nothing like a good Calvin and Hobbes!

There are two books I'm reading now:

"The Ancestor's Tale" by Richard Dawkins

http://www.amazon.com/Ancestors-Tale-Pilgrimage-Dawn-Evolution/dp/0618005838

and

"In Search of the Multiverse" by John Gribbin

http://www.amazon.com/Search-Multiv...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310714232&sr=1-1

I just finished "The man in the High Castle" (http://www.amazon.com/Man-High-Cast...=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310714783&sr=1-7 ) and "Counter-Clock World" ( http://www.amazon.com/Counter-Clock-World-Philip-K-Dick/dp/0375719334 ) by Philip K. Dick.

Back