"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

I seriously want to cry.

Me too. And I hope we don't hear that they are just going to yank it and leave us with nothing after all the trouble this caused. They need to fix this mess and make it legit. I hate to sound selfish. But I personally think we deserve it at this point. I really do.

What they should do now, talk with Rodney Jerkins. As much as I don't care for him, he and MJ worked on a shit load of tracks that got left off Invincible. Have him pick some tracks out, keep the songs from "Michael" that are legit, and go from there.

If they have to pick other songs from the vault from the 90s on back, so be it. Hopefully they don't have to go too far back in time. It would be really weird picking a disco song for a 2010/ 2011 album

^ It's felt like the twilight zone.

For those who are interested, I spoke with my source on the phone for over 30 minutes tonight regarding this whole mess. This is coming straight from Sony: the vocals are over 50% not MJ's, they did hire an impersonator to run over the majority of MJ's pre-existing vocals and tried to hide it with production.

The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come...

Thank you the update.

I'm willing to bet it it's WAY over 50% not Mike.

I heard nothing in that lead vocal acapella that even slightly resembles Mike's voice (except for the sampled "aaoows" and a few other things)

I am just so disappointed in Sony and the executors of Michael's estate. This is beyond ridiculous.

Re: How many Cascio-produced fake tracks are going to be on this album?

you can change a persons sound but ENUNCIATION???? you cant alter that in NO STUDIO

This is true. I had never heard Jason Malachi before, but since people kept mentioning him, I did go listen. I really do think this is him and not MJ. I don't even think the "hee hee hee" is MJ because as I said in a previous post, the vibrato is more like JM's. Ugh, this was supposed to be such a happy day, and now this. :(

Thanks for the update Smooth. I must say, the thing that hurts me the most in all of this, is that Sony and the estate actually released this, without any recognition of the other voice on this song. Then when questioned, they still proceeded to lie to us and say its 100% Michael's voice on this song. They really think we're that stupid, they just slapped a mass of the worlds population, MJ fans, right in the face.

I just can't believe they really thought we were so stupid and naive. This whole fiasco has just proven to me, that the big heads at Sony AND the estate really don't care about Michael or his fans. The thing that motivates them the most, especially to pull a stunt like this, is money.

Yes, we knew their biggest motivation was and is money, but the interesting thing is that the family claimed that some of the tracks were fake after the song was released although they knew this before. Yet, Sony did not take action. Action was only taken after the FANS complained. Do you guys understand the magnitude of our power in getting respect, being heard, and the clout we have. We must always use this to our advantage to get the best for Michael and his legacy. We are not going to take and Shiiiit!!!

Keeping fingers crossed for some crazy PR Stunt, just hoping Sony didn't fake Michael's death too. That was wrong, but seriously the way things are happening we really could be in the Twilight Zone, and Michael, Prince, 2Pac, and Chris Brown have formed a new boy band.

Interesting.

Is the music authentic?

Sincerity?

I do not know.

In my heart, I think not. The problem is that MJ has several songs where he manipulates his voice naturally. He was a genius.

The problem is, MJ or not MJ, I think the best for Sony is to do an announcement about the withdrawal of these songs on the album. I think that's the only way to avoid a flop album.

Again. Pray for the music to be false. If the song is true we will be responsible for this circus.

You can kiss a 2010 release date goodbye. They will have no choice but to cancel the album and figure out what comes next for it.

Yep, thats for sure. $ony wont make that much money at Xmas. And they'd better not try that twice... be sure the next tracks have been fan approved before you release them...

Michael said it best:

?"We don't ever try to pander to the fans. We just try to play on the quality of the song. People WILL NOT BUY JUNK." ~ Michael Jackson ~

They don't care. They do him for the money. They don't care. They use him for the money. They don't care. They kill for the $$$.

I don't even feel like buying the album anymore. Sony hasn't changed. The only reason they;re having that big meeting is because the fans noticed.

The fans didn't notice that it wasn't Michael, that meeting wouldn't be going on tomorrow, and Breaking News would have been on the album just as it is now.

I'm through with $ony. We've been through so much last year and this is what they do to us. I don't care what anyone says, but if the real Michael was still here and they treated him right, they wouldn't have to go through all this. What goes around comes back around.

I am so sad the way this has played out. I know Mike would have been horrified.

This was not Mike but please stay strong and we will try and guide you.

Love Always

All I can say is that it's about fucking time that Sony listened to us. If they would have listen to us and MJ in 2001 in the 1st place, Invincible would have been a whole different story...I'm willing to bet MJ would have released more music with them if that whole fiasco never happened....but that's a different topic.

I hope Sony will see all the MJ fan reviewing 'Breaking News' on youtube. Sony should be ashamed of themselves.

Here's some great reviews from fans on youtube! Speak up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lTsT5QvU_M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0JDBKT-tj8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJVNQwNdFTU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IT3X-95IY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RImiGAfCIXY&feature=related

Even though is seems like the truth is coming out now, I hope no one feels like a "bad fan" for believing it is/was his vocals. We were all really excited and if you tell someone you're releasing a MJ track, really we went in expecting all MJ. I even popped some champagne I was so psyched! And I was fooled on the first few listens. It burst my excitement bubble big time to even start to question that it wasn't him, but then I decided it probably wasn't and was so sad all night.

So basically I hope no one feels bad for what they think or thought or whatever..... other people and forces with bad intentions did this to us, not caring about our emotions and not respecting our real love and devotion to Michael Jackson. Whatever happens in the next few days I hope we can try hard to support each other and not put down anyone or make them feel bad. :heart:

I would rather have rough demos as bonus tracks the version with the completed vocals.

The thing that motivates them the most, especially to pull a stunt like this, is money.

That's exactly what it is..a ridiculously idiotic stunt! And like you said, only money could motivate such a shady endeavor. I swear it almost feels like a sin, in terms of the music industry, to substitute someone else's vocals for Michael's and lie about it. There's a place in hell for people like that lol..

WOW ... in class today my students asked me 'have you heard the new Michael Jackson .... is that him?' .. even my students who arent fans at ALL didnt think it was him and they were universal in their bemusement at how this could even happen.

The Acapella is just a complete and utter mess. Honestly, from being SO SO excited about this album, now I am so furious .. I want to punch whoever that impersonator is, I want to punch Teddy Riley, I want to punch whoever I can get my hands on at Sony music, I want to punch THE CASCIOS SO SO HARD! ...

Obviously I can't but man ... Im so mad. How DARE they ruin this. And how dare they take Michael Jackson fans, and furthermore the general music buying public for fools. Its truly sickening. As far as musical disasters go, this has to be one of the biggest woopsies the music industry has ever seen. Milli Vanilli levels!

I think this is so much worse than that, this is like the biggest fraud ever in music business. :doh:

Michael said it best:

?"We don't ever try to pander to the fans. We just try to play on the quality of the song. People WILL NOT BUY JUNK." ~ Michael Jackson ~

Interesting! When did he say this??

Atleast they tested the song before releasing the album.

Even though is seems like the truth is coming out now, I hope no one feels like a "bad fan" for believing it is/was his vocals. We were all really excited and if you tell someone you're releasing a MJ track, really we went in expecting all MJ. I even popped some champagne I was so psyched! And I was fooled on the first few listens. It burst my excitement bubble big time to even start to question that it wasn't him, but then I decided it probably wasn't and was so sad all night.

So basically I hope no one feels bad for what they think or thought or whatever..... other people and forces with bad intentions did this to us, not caring about our emotions and not respecting our real love and devotion to Michael Jackson. Whatever happens in the next few days I hope we can try hard to support each other and not put down anyone or make them feel bad. :heart:

Too late, I feel like a bad fan. I was so sure that they wouldn't put out an album with fake songs. That's just crazy. I feel horrible.

Yes, we knew their biggest motivation was and is money, but the interesting thing is that the family claimed that some of the tracks were fake after the song was released although they knew this before. Yet, Sony did not take action. Action was only taken after the FANS complained. Do you guys understand the magnitude of our power in getting respect, being heard, and the clout we have. We must always use this to our advantage to get the best for Michael and his legacy. We are not going to take and Shiiiit!!!

We have the POWAHHH!! :D

That's exactly what it is..a ridiculously idiotic stunt! And like you said, only money could motivate such a shady endeavor. I swear it almost feels like a sin, in terms of the music industry, to substitute someone else's vocals for Michael's and lie about it. There's a place in hell for people like that lol..

That's exactly it, for any artist, to do something like that is a no-no and in someway is a blatant act of disrespect to the artist and their craft they worked so hard to make perfect. Especially with Michael, that's like someone painting the face of Tyra Banks over the Mona Lisa, and labeling it an authentic Da Vinci work. You just can't do it, it shouldn't be done, and it just isn't right.

Yes what a day indeed. I too feel emotionally and physically drained from all these events.

I still continue to be torn about the whole thing, I cannot say for certain one way or another. There are too many unknowns and variables. One side of me finds Teddy Riley convincing and genuine, thinks that this was probably a low quality recording to start with being recorded in a home studio etc, other side of me can't feel Michael in this song. My logical side cannot make sense of most of the things happening. My brain and my heart fights about this constantly and I really wish that this was over already.

smooth thanks for the update. I hope that all of our insiders also check back with their sources and tell us what they have found out.

If what you have said is true then I guess the most logical thing to do will be to pull the Cascio tracks out of the album.

Don't despair because we are winning this fight. We caused a meeting to be scheduled tomorrow. It seems to me that Sony employs staff in this area that are lacking in their credentials.

Interesting that the song wasn't taken down if they are going to admit such or possibly shelf the project?

Yeah, pull all those Cascio tracks from the album, or whichever have those fake vocals OUT. Replace them tracks with real MJ tracks... I mean c'mon! They have so many unreleased tracks to choose from. I don't understand.

Yes what a day indeed. I too feel emotionally and physically drained from all these events.

I still continue to be torn about the whole thing, I cannot say for certain one way or another. There are too many unknowns and variables. One side of me finds Teddy Riley convincing and genuine, thinks that this was probably a low quality recording to start with being recorded in a home studio etc, other side of me can't feel Michael in this song. My logical side cannot make sense of most of the things happening. My brain and my heart fights about this constantly and I really wish that this was over already.

smooth thanks for the update. I hope that all of our insiders also check back with their sources and tell us what they have found out.

If what you have said is true then I guess the most logical thing to do will be to pull the Cascio tracks out of the album.

Agreed, I just hope it isn't a situation where the Cascio tracks and others like it make up for 70% of the album. That would be a huge mess. :doh:

Interesting that the song wasn't taken down if they are going to admit such or possibly shelf the project?

Yeah, that's weird, eh? I went straight to the site, and low and behold..still there...:mello:

I wouldn't even care if it was an EP or something, or even an internet-only release (sans imposter tracks). These things are more common in this age of iTunes and downloading. Even Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster is a shorter EP release.

I want 100% Michael, nothing else. If there are minimal appearances from collaborators, guest artists, background vocalists then I want it credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back