"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

It's not possible to create that from the song.

That is a bonafide leak from someone with access to the multitracks. As you can hear, there are pieces missing - seemingly the bits of the song that are actually Michael.

That's what I thought! Also this YouTube Uploader only has the one video up. And they are on the side that it's not him. I wonder who this is? You're right; all the backing vox aren't here.

has anyone posted charles kaplow's opinion of the song? he was one of michael's main dancers for TII.

Re: "Breaking News" Fake Song Talk Here Including Poll

Guys, i think its 100% MJ, perhaps its a lil bit "home made sound" (or demo)

why would Jason Malachi or other impersonator record a song about the MEDIA???
No one else would do that EXCEPT MJ HIMSELF!!

I am not going to say one way or the other whether it is him or not because I dont know. One thing we can not do is compare his voice from twenty years ago to what he would sound like at almost 50 at the time. The voice is different and his style of singing had changed over the years. Unfortunately we are all discussing something that can not be proven because Michael is no longer here. Thats the tragedy of this whole thing.

Yes, but we can most certainly compare his 50-year-old voice from 2009 (via the This Is It rehearsals) to this... And his voice in Hold My Hand from 2008, to this...

Let's just say the vocals are real. The production is whack. The song should have been left alone and never touched.

has anyone posted charles kaplow's opinion of the song? he was one of michael's main dancers for TII.

Yes, it was posted earlier in the thread. I like how he said somebody got Mj to do background vocals for their song. LOL!

Last edited:

^ me too.

has gaz or anyone from sony commented on here yet?

Kasume - No, just what they said earlier that they stand by these being MJ's vocals.

this is not michael.

and that "hee hee hee" is definately not his. that "aow!"......

Last edited by a moderator:

Ain't NO fury like MJ fans scorned! :lol:

I actually voted not sure, simply for the fact we haven't heard much from the family, other producers other than Teddy, or some Sony people for that matter. I'm just waiting in frustration for someone to just out this song as a fake, or mostly fake. Cause if Michael sang somewhere in this song....boy, is it for a millisecond or something!

Ain't no fury like MJ fan fury, cause MJ fan fury don't stop.:punk:

Somebody is really good with cut and paste... but not good at impersonating MJ.

This shit is wild

Can the acapella be downloaded?

Yes it can. I downloaded it already just in case it gets pulled. If it does, I'll re-upload it myself. People need to be able to hear this.

Yes it can since it is on YT.

But everyone listen:

This song is copyrighted. All of these posts have to remove that link to the acapella version. We cannot display it on the message board. I will go through and remove, but if you can edit your own posts that would be great.

Re: Do You Think "Breaking News" + other Cascio songs will be left out of MICHAEL due to controversy

If we all fight this together I believe Sony WILL dismiss the tracks from the album.

It sounds like someone struggling very hard to mimic Michael's trademark mannerisms and voice, but failing miserably.

The absolute stupidity of Sony to release a debut and heavily hyped song off the new album without even a shed of factually verifiable evidence that it's even Michael singing blows my mind. No wonder TMZ was so positive about this song and so willing to promote it, because it is utter crap and does nothing but damage Michael's image. Thanks Sony.

That's exactly what I thought, the way the voice vibrates at the end seems like it's being done intentionally. Michael never sounded that way, it flowed, it didn't seem like it was sung that way purposely, like this acapella does.

Re: Do You Believe Breaking News is an authentic MJ track

lead vocals not MJ. thats 1000% clear.
awooohs are taken from Escape and other songs.
backing vocal sound alot like him.

either half recorded song with added lead vocals by the Malachi guy. Or MJ had nothing to do with that song. the heeehs and awooow are MJs and some true MJ elemets are definitely mixed in.
You know there is supposed to be to be some song called "what is to be me" or something like that. Maybe that song was not finished and they made "breaking news" out of it. cause they thought it would be cool promo.

talking about Shout and 2000watts. It you change the pitch of 2000watts you get Michaels voice just like it always was. Just like they did on 30th anniversary to sound more deep and different, then the album recordings.
After 22 years you get sense of how his voice is, can and no matter how altered, you always can recognize it.
If you have a doubt, then it's not him.
I never had strange feeling on 2000watts, Shout ot any other strange soundig song.

BUt all these Malachi songs, that surfaced the light, the bells were always ringing.

Sony knows shit. they think they can fools us. they problably never knew that all those Malachi songs were fast proven as not Michael Jacksons.

And small indicator of been fake is , that it won't be official single.

I think some of the background vocals sound a little like him, but I don't think the "hee hee hees" do because the vibrato sounds different than his.

^ so many things wrong, huh? i just noticed that too, and something else.

so i went back and listened to the demo

there's that part near the end 3:08-3:19 when whoever's singing keeps going 'ah' 'ah' 'ah'

He sounds like he has something stuck in his throat and he's trying to sing at the same time. he did that too much. Michael never went overboard like that, not with that type of sound. If this guy wanted to go overboard on something, he should've been yelling 'hoo hoo' like in we've had enough.

Last edited:
Re: Do You Think "Breaking News" + other Cascio songs will be left out of MICHAEL due to controversy

Hope so doubt it :(

I agree. This is one of, if not the biggest, music PR disaster I've ever seen in my life.

Sony and anyone else involved need to deal with this on a much more massive level than just a fleeting statement of denial that no one is listening to at this point. And sooner rather than later. Period.

:agree:

The uploader of the REAL a cappella, "TheShadowForMJ", joined YT today and only posted this vid. In the comments section of another a cappella video, this user seems to respond to someone's inquiry about where he got it with: "@Louix94 A very close friend at Sony that cares about Michael"

Amazing if leaks like this really come out of the woodwork so the truth can come out!

Hard to see how they could at this late date. But Breaking News is a travesty and we have to at least try.

I feel drained. They "raped" Michael's legacy.

4+ weeks is enough time. I hope it is.

It's almost 24 hours of all this! Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back