BREAKING NEWS - Memorial at the Staples Centre on Tuesday 7th

yeah sky are terrible i dont know why anyone watches them. they are so unreliable not just for mike but everything. i remember when spector got sent down they showed a press conference claiming it was spectors wife yet it was a p.c from the wife of the airline pilot who took his plane into the hudson. im sat there watching it thinking this aint sepctors wife she seems to happy!

Right now who really knows were a public memorial will take place. It was supposed to happen at Neverland, but the neighbors complained about the traffic and the noise. What jerks! I haven't heard any member of the Jackson family confirm a memorial at the Staples center this Tuesday either. It may happen. The thing is that Michael never stated where he wanted to be interred. But then our "Peter Pan" was supposed to live forever, wasn't he? Jermaine talked about laying him to rest at Neverland b/c he loved it so much. I'm not sure if he would have wanted to be there. It's still very beautiful, peaceful and well kept. But the memories of the last 4 years are still too fresh in everyone's minds. They are moving his things back from Julien's Auction house into Neverland.

Everyone who is going to go when it happens, please take all my love with you!

is it official?
because it's really ridiculous, He passed away a week ago for God's sake, let Him rest

I can't believe I read that they are charing people $25 to get in! That is ridiculous and disgusting. Michael would never have approved of that.

Why not do it in a stadium instead of the Staple Center? It won't hold enough people and that will lead to needing more police and security outside the venue.

I hope we know soon, I want to book my flight, but I don't want to until we hear confirmation.

one of the big stadiums said they had been contacted but it went no further than just been asked "what if we wanted to use your venue" they didnt hear anything else.tbh i think they are more concerned with finding somewhere to put him first

I thought it already was confirmed. Staples @ 10am on tuesday. My question is what is a memorial? And how will they hold all these ppl?

I hope they make up their minds soon. I'm sorry but he should be put at rest already... this is getting ridiculous. I know there is a lot of planning for the family to do, but c'mon now!

one of the big stadiums said they had been contacted but it went no further than just been asked "what if we wanted to use your venue" they didnt hear anything else.tbh i think they are more concerned with finding somewhere to put him first

Of course that should come first, I think they are going to put him at Neverland personally, but maybe they haven't decided yet. Its so sad. I wish he had stated what he wanted in his will. I'm sure it is not easy for the family to make these decisions at such a difficult time.:no:

where did you hear that? hard to believe!

EXCLUSIVE: $25 Charge To Attend Michael Jackson Memorial

Family, friends and VIPS will have seats on the main floor for The Tuesday, July 7th Staples service, first reported by RadarOnline.com, while the general public will be plucking down $25 to sit in the stands.

The memorial service will feel like a concert production featuring guest speakers, a lot of music and video screens inside and outside of Staples, a source close to the planning tells RadarOnline.com.

Michael Jackson's close friend Elizabeth Taylor is expected to attend, along with Diana Ross.

T-shirts that were going to be sold on Michael's upcoming "This Is It" tour will not go to waste. They will be sold outside Staples to people entering the service.

The service will be held between 10am PST and noon PST. The Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey circus will be on standby, literally. The circus act just happens to be in town and is slated to begin their run at the Staples Center from July 8 to July 11.

"We will not be taking part in the memorial service," spokesperson Stephen Payne confirmed. "We are prepared to make any logistical changes with equipment and such to help out."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/07/exclusive-25-charge-attend-michael-jackson-memorial

-I really hope this isn't true though 'cause that is truly disgusting and everything MJ was against.

02 said no merchendise had been made. and it it had i doubt they'd ship it to the usa from the uk. then again. aeg.

who knows but considering the even hasnt even been confirmed

I have never heard of anything more disgusting in all my life.

i am beginning to not even want to see a public memorial. I don't want to see pictures of Michael's dead body in a casket being circulated around the internet. I think that Michael is just too big for a public funeral. It will be chaos! I think that the Jackson family should just go ahead a have a private funeral at Neverland for themselves, bury Michael there, and then Colony should proceed with the plans to update Neverland to a Graceland-like place to remember and celebrate Michael's legacy. That is all that is needed.

I thought it already was confirmed. Staples @ 10am on tuesday. My question is what is a memorial? And how will they hold all these ppl?
no theres been no offical confirmation from the families p.r just media talk as normal.they said yeserday they would put a statement on when something was hap

i am beginning to not even want to see a public memorial. I don't want to see pictures of Michael's dead body in a casket being circulated around the internet. I think that Michael is just too big for a public funeral. It will be chaos! I think that the Jackson family should just go ahead a have a private funeral at Neverland for themselves, bury Michael there, and then Colony should proceed with the plans to update Neverland to a Graceland-like place to remember and celebrate Michael's legacy. That is all that is needed.

yeah i think they need to bury him in private and then have services all over the world to celebrate him. i guess the prob been the ranch and having to wait for approval.i hope theres no casket or anything its just a service. let him be its been or will be over a week. by the time it haps let him be my poor boy :no:

I doubt they'd charge and er...the source doesnt seem very credible. just ignore that tabloid junk wait til its announced officially.

There is no way this story is true. Even the Jacksons are not that tacky.

Can any of yall see Michael wanting a bunch of people walking by peeping at his dead body? I just can't see it. I have a hard time seeing him wanting something like this. And people in LA are whining about taxpayer dollars being spent on his funeral in a recession. I think it is not worth it. I want Michael to be laid to rest. I read that it could take as much as 30 days for Colony to get the approval to bury him at Neverland. I sure hope they can get this done because Neverland is the safest place for him to be buried. If Michael is buried at Forest Lawn or some other place where other people can go in, I believe that some crazed fans or even haters can desecrate his gravesight or even try to dig him up. He has to be buried at Neverland with security.

If there is anything in his trust about his wishes, I am sure Branca and company know about it by now. Hopefully, Michael is buried under his giving tree.

I am starting to feel this way. Maybe there shouldn't be anything public. Just have a private one and that's it. This is becoming to much. Also with all the different conflicting stories of when and where it will be I don't know anymore. I want to go but. I just Don't know.
no theres been no offical confirmation from the families p.r just media talk as normal.they said yeserday they would put a statement on when something was hap
Cnn had a family rep. said staples center at 10am on tuesday. so that's different from their SPOKESperson? I can' believe this. If it to much for the jacksons to do public they should just not have on.

that 25 bucks sounds very dodgy. unless its to cover the cost for the staple center. Still sounds made up imo.

5 Questions About Michael Jackson’s Funeral
A close family friend offers the details on the memorial arrangements

http://www.newsweek.com/id/205069?from=rss

By Allison Samuels | NEWSWEEK
Published Jul 3, 2009

He lived in the spotlight from the age of 10, and he died in it as well, with the nation glued to their TV sets. Now Michael Jackson's fans are waiting to publicly mourn him. His funeral, to be held Tuesday at Los Angeles's Staples Center, according to news reports, could be huge. It's possible that it will eclipse Elvis's (75,000 fans congregated in Memphis, Tenn.) and Princess Diana's (which saw 250,000 people in Hyde Park), according to the Daily Telegraph, But what exactly can we expect? A prominent friend of the Jackson family who asked to remain anonymous offers some insights.

1. Will there be a public viewing? Jackson's body currently isn't in shape for a public viewing, the friend says, though many in the family still think the public should see him one last time. But his mother, Katherine, who seems to be calling all the shots, is very strongly against a public viewing, as is his sister Janet.

2. Who will deliver the eulogy? Jackson will most likely be eulogized by both the Rev. Al Sharpton and the Rev. Jesse Jackson in both the public and private memorials. The family friend says Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, is basically out the loop--the entire family is mo rtified by Joe's presence and TV appearances. His input is being ignored, according to the family friend.

3. What about the private service? Katherine was apparently hoping to hold a private funeral and burial before the memorial on Tuesday. But public demand may override that. The family friend says that Katherine has been repeating her fear that leaving Michael unburied for more than a week would cause his soul to wander, and she feels his soul wandered enough on Earth.

4. Where will he be buried? The burial site is still undecided, though Neverland Ranch is one option. Area residents are opposed. Talk of taking him back to Gary, Ind., his hometown, has been squashed.

5. How are the kids coping? The family is keeping the children away from TV and newspapers, much like Michael did when he was alive.

family friend. stacy brown or oxman? lol

Cnn had a family rep. said staples center at 10am on tuesday. so that's different from their SPOKESperson? I can' believe this. If it to much for the jacksons to do public they should just not have on.

they had a source who claimed to have spoken to someone from the family. so yeah thats very different than the families P.R agents putting out an offical statement. how many "offical" quotes were there yesterday about nev

ATLF I do think neverL would be the safest. But we know that michael didn't want to be there so i don't know. Its tough because michael left there said it wasn't the same anymore...so why put him there?

they would need to properly secure the ranch cause anyone can get in there. over the fences

He didn't want to be there as his home. He is dead now. He needs to be put somewheres that is safe. I think the family knows this. I am with Ms. Katherine and Janet on this one....hurry up and lay him to rest and squash a public funeral.

Back