BREAKING NEWS - Memorial at the Staples Centre on Tuesday 7th

I think there is going to be a million people. But I always thought they would line the streets while the coffin makes its final journey to the arena... Michael needs to have a final journey and pass through his fans for the last time. Its hard but it helps the grieving process, it gives closure.

Is the area around this Staples Centre large enough for say a million people? Anyone know?

Also why not choose a location like where the superbowl is held? Just cause it can fit over 100,000 people.

Doesn't this Staples Centre only hold 20,000 people?

Sorry about all the questions guys, just confused.

I think its because the Staples Centre is where Michael last performed, during his rehearsal... Maybe the Jackson family dont want a million people to show up.. Maybe they want it to be a large memorial but not too large.. It would create chaos if a million people showed up.

Jermaine also said that tuesday's event will be the first of a series of memorials to be held in different cities.
i hope so and AEG need to do something at the 02 a memorial service there.

Jermaine said on Larry King that this will be the first of many memorials for MJ.

is a memorial service the same as a funeral?

i have a language barriar regarding this.

I think there is going to be a million people. But I always thought they would line the streets while the coffin makes its final journey to the arena... Michael needs to have a final journey and pass through his fans for the last time. Its hard but it helps the grieving process, it gives closure.

Is the area around this Staples Centre large enough for say a million people? Anyone know?

Also why not choose a location like where the superbowl is held? Just cause it can fit over 100,000 people.

Doesn't this Staples Centre only hold 20,000 people?

Sorry about all the questions guys, just confused.

The Staples Center is in Downtown LA plenty of room have loads of people outside.

And yeah Staples only holds around 20,000.

is a memorial service the same as a funeral?

i have a language barriar regarding this.

no not really a funeral is when u bury them have a religious (maybe) service this is more of a memorial with ppl giving speeches maybe singing. like what james brown had. 2 seperate things

Thank you!

And there are still no information about a funeral, and if it will be a public or private one?

Sky news have said AEG are expected to do a press conference around 6pm UK time, presumably to confirm more details for the memorial.

Jermaine also said there will be a private service first for family and friends

Do you think they will play Michael's songs maybe that will help people to cope do you think so

I wish there will be one million people turn out during the funeral.
Michael will be happy to see so many people there and he will break another record with the largest funeral in HIStory.
Mike is out there breaking records all the time. He love breaking records. He will be a happy.

Yeah I hope so too but that's why it should of been held at a place that holds 200,000 people... 20,000 arena isn't big enough.

I'm gutted I can't go to this, but will be watching on TV. I hope there is a great turnout to show the world how much Mike meant to so many people.

Back