CNN: Body to be at the Staples memorial

Maybe the private gathering last night was the private service? That would give reason for the casket being at ths staple center

I only wish I could go and pay my respects.
I have the perfect black dress. It's my funeral dress.
I know this isn't a show a concert.
This is a funeral. This is to honor our Michael.
I'm not honoring the icon today. I can do that every time I listen to his music. I do that every time I watch his short films.
Today it is his life. The father, son, human. That is what I am honoring today. I am honoring that smile. I am honoring that heart I fell in love with at the age of 10.

I hope they won't 'put him on display' in such a vulnerable, exposed state to be stared at by everyone, especially not by tabloid press and people who are just there because they've got on the bandwaggon about this being a moment in history and not because they cared for him...

now I think of it i think the casket is empty. For real, I dont think his family takes a big risk like that. I think its fake.

Personally, I am not trying to argue or change anyone's mind. I was just expressing my first emotions over hearing that the casket will be there in Staples. I'm afraid of how I will react when I see it...but whatever the family thinks is best is absolutely all that matters.

CNN is live inside Staples center. Just in front of the stage are 4 large floral sprays with space kind of inbetween them, it does look like that could be the space for Michael's casket.

Family is now leaving Encino in black suvs/escalades on way to cemetary. CNN is covering this if you can watch it, or the other major US news channels.

this is hurting so much... I cant believe all this is really happening. :(

I'm watching Sky News now and the Jacksons are now on the way to the private ceremony. I'm not too sure about his casket going to the Staples centre though?? it doesn't seem to be confirmed.

why? to see the body? :D
although i hate the idea of him being shown like this, i also want to see him lol maybe because it was my dream since im 5 and i never got to see him :(

Yeah, that's why.

There's another thread around here on the same subject but I wanted to put this post in here, too as far as the issue of privacy and a possible "circus" atmosphere is concerned.

You know, Michael wrote in Moonwalk that he imagined the 2 biggest moments in his life would be the day he got married and the day he passed away. I think he knew and understood that there would be a lot of hoopla and possibly a circus surrounding both things. And whereas his marriages were a personal thing that had no bearing on anyone's life but his own, his passing is a global event that is affecting more than just his family and friends. I'm grateful that his family understands this and have decided to share him with us one last time. No one was prepared for this but we know when Michael made an entrance he made it big. And now that he's making an exit, I don't doubt he imagined NOT going out in the same fashion. It's our last chance to see him (open or closed casket) and in a way it's his last chance to be onstage...where he said he'd ALWAYS felt most comfortable while he was alive. This isn't what anyone was prepared for (us nor MJ) but it IS his final curtain call. :cry:

What ever the family go with I'll respect. :)

I want Michael to rise.. :(

This is what the family decided on.. to let the fans who loved him have a chance to say good-bye. Let's not complain about the family trying to do something for us.

Looks like all the vehicles (look like Rolls Royces now) are moving down highway in single file, no other vehicles around them going in same direction. Don Lemon now saying not sure if they're on their way to Forest Lawn or Staples since not alot of time left before the memorial is due to start in less than 2 hrs. Could be the family may be heading to cemetary to then join a caravan to Staples without a service at this time, if indeed they did have one last night.

I just rushed home and hopefully they show something soon..
I really dunno what's going on right now. Is there a private funeral now or not?!

Well I don't want to see MJ's body! I have even turned off my tv right now. I am finding it hard to watch anything having to do with with the memorial right now.

Just think a bit: not to be the biggest event in history? The press is giving this information to have a large agglomeration of the fans around. Because I'm sure has a lot of people going there at that time. The streets are blocked with people. All this is to attract the largest number of people possible.​

I think I just saw Joe, Katherine and MJ's 3 children going inside the building on TMZ. They're all wearing black of course.

Breaking news on the front page. However, "sources" may mean the same thing as "unconfirmed"...

We shall see.

I heard this too they are saying it right now on fox news and cnn. I never in my wildest dreams thought they would ever have Michaels Body at this memorial. I am just physically sick over this

Katherine/Paris/Prince just walked into the Forest Lawn building, all wearing black. Didn't see Blanket, might have been surrounded by family and not visible.

There's another thread around here on the same subject but I wanted to put this post in here, too as far as the issue of privacy and a possible "circus" atmosphere is concerned.

You know, Michael wrote in Moonwalk that he imagined the 2 biggest moments in his life would be the day he got married and the day he passed away. I think he knew and understood that there would be a lot of hoopla and possibly a circus surrounding both things. And whereas his marriages were a personal thing that had no bearing on anyone's life but his own, his passing is a global event that is affecting more than just his family and friends. I'm grateful that his family understands this and have decided to share him with us one last time. No one was prepared for this but we know when Michael made an entrance he made it big. And now that he's making an exit, I don't doubt he imagined NOT going out in the same fashion. It's our last chance to see him (open or closed casket) and in a way it's his last chance to be onstage...where he said he'd ALWAYS felt most comfortable while he was alive. This isn't what anyone was prepared for (us nor MJ) but it IS his final curtain call. :cry:

u gonna make me cry again :no:

I can't believe this is happening. :(

These kids have to say goodbye to their Dad :(

The LA police chief has said that Michael's body will be at the Staples centre. :(

Back