Dangerous 25th anniversary month long celebration thread.

Major announcement from Sony and The Michael Jackson Estate!

"Dangerous: The Short Films" will be re-released on VHS video tape cassette! Oh, my f-ucking god! I can't wait! Everything is going to be different now! I was TOTALLY not expecting that! This will revolutionize the industry...FOREVER! Everything is better now! Talks of a re-release on Beta video tape were in discussion because of questioning as to whether or not the world's best selling recording artist has the ability to move numbers "like he used to as a 1980's pop star" but it was decided to hold back and give the fans what they have been talking about and demanding for so many years now! The idea and concept of taking advantage of this opportunity after not having "Dangerous: The Short Films" on VHS video cassette tape on the shelves and in stores now for over, like, what, a decade was just too good of an opportunity to pass down or up! We know that the fans will be ecstatic and will rush out to buy video tape players again just to experience what it was like in 1993! "Dangerous: The Short Films" VHS video cassette tape will feature "short films"...from "Dangerous"! There will be nothing new or unreleased on it so as to maintain the original features of this artifact! This way no one will complain! All copies of future formats from the past will be removed from the shelves as they no longer have any commercial value!

I'm so confused.

Lol. Exactly. I'm just following certain people's logic with how to do things!

FIRST TIME I LISTENED TO DANGEROUS

It was in the spring of 2005. I don't remember the exact date, but I know for sure it was Friday. At that time, I had private English lessons after school, so when I got home afterwards, I turned on the CD player and listened to the album. It was a rainy and cloudy day, but it created a perfect atmosphere. When I think of the Dangerous album, I think of darkness and intimacy.

First time I heard Dangerous would have been in 1991 or early 1992. I remember my mother took my brother and I to the record store and my brother had vouchers to spend from Christmas. She helped him pick out the Dangerous album on cassette. After that I remember playing it more than he did on our ghetto blaster. I'd often sit the ghetto blaster on the floor of his bedroom and play video games while listening. Eventually I just took ownership until I upgraded it to CD in late 1994. I still have the cassette though.

I remember getting my first Dangerous tape. It was around the time we got a stereo that could copy tapes. I made like 4 copies and my mom went beserk! The days I got the album and then again the short films on VHS are still as clear as day to me.

Its funny how I still have the same opinions of CLHGA and Keep The Faith as I did when I was 5!

It was the early days of October 2009 and I was out with my cousins. For whatever reason, I ended up in a big department store called K-Mart and noticed they had a Michael Jackson album for only $10!! It was Dangerous and Mum owed me my $10 pocket money for that week, so I ran over to my Mum and asked for the money as I really had to buy this MJ cd, so she handed over the cash and off I went! I had already had some songs on the album off iTunes (WYWTOM) and some others were on The Essential MJ, but most of this album was new to me so I was really excited!

I remember waiting at the counter for them as they looked for the disc, this was the first Michael Jackson studio album I had ever bought. I had HIStory, but that was "borrowed" from my parents (more like taken :lol:) and I had The Essential MJ, but that's a compilation! After spending more time with my cousins for another hour or so, I remember coming home and rushing to my CD player, putting it on first thing! I had only heard snippets of Jam on iTunes and I remember being REALLY excited to hear it and boy did I have a good time. I remember thinking Michael Jordan rapped the lyrics :p

Anyhow, my friend came over very shortly afterwards as I was going to his house for the night, so I left Dangerous at home and spent the night at his. When I came back the next afternoon, I finally ripped the album onto iTunes and gave the album a proper listen through as I played online with him :)

It was a rainy and cloudy day, but it created a perfect atmosphere. When I think of the Dangerous album, I think of darkness and intimacy.

I remember when I bought WYWTOM off iTunes, not long after my parents and I went for a drive in a part of town I wasn't too familiar with. For whatever reason, I remember looking out the window as I played the song on my iPod. It was also a raining and cloudy day and for whatever reason, I have this "snapshot" in my head of this particular road in this weather and I now associate this part of that road with the song. Like honestly, in the times I've driven through there since, every single time I've driven down that road I've thought of the song!

It was a great atmosphere for the album, you're right! It was a huge artistic leap for Michael, dipping his toes into more darker and mature themes...

“Remember the time” was the first time I saw Michael … I was about 5. I asked my mom who is it. She told me it’s Michael Jackson and that she doesn’t like him, lol. My sister repeated our mom’s opinion. My father was surprised and asked me to repeat myself louder standing in front of him, when I said to my family that I like Michael Jackson, lol. Sure I walked to my father and repeated myself. It’s nice memories to have.

You know what I would like to see? A hi-res scan of the original album cover painting by Mark Ryden. That would make this digital 'campaign' a bit more meaningful to me.

dangerous.jpg

Something like this? :) Scanned by me from the gold litho at work

Can we merge some of these Dangerous threads, I don't even remember which ones I posted in to go back to.. lol! I would have to look at my 'recent comments' just to find which ones..

Hmmm, it's certainly the greatest l.p. cover of all time BUT how is this really covering new ground showing it on the internet? Maybe I don't understand what hi-res is...THOUGH that does certainly look very nice Gerzom...good job.

Dollars to donuts that some point at the end of this month a physical copy of "Dangerous 25" (and probably as a box set!!!) will be announced to be released by the end of this year!!!! :woohoo:

Dangerous is my favorite album from Michael, I fell in love with this album in 1992 when Michael came to Romania!

Are we getting anything else aside from shirts released to purchase online?

^ His work has that value, it's the matter of them actually DOING IT.. Michael is the highest earning dead (I hate typing that word connecting to Michael) artist... I think the estate and/or Sony specifically goes for the cheapest product for the highest residual with Michael... They are basically doing as little for the highest return possible and not really thinking of what is GOOD, and more so what will make $$$ for them.

I really hope that one day the 2nd disc from the 2001 Dangerous special edition gets released. It's strange to me that they are releasing Dangerous 25 merchandise but not re-releasing the album in some form.

I really hope that one day the 2nd disc from the 2001 Dangerous special edition gets released. It's strange to me that they are releasing Dangerous 25 merchandise but not re-releasing the album in some form.

I agree. The least they could do is slap on a fresh cover and release the same album like they did with 'Off the Wall.' Just to show that they even tried lol. But they couldn't even do that..

Dangerous is my favorite album from Michael, I fell in love with this album in 1992 when Michael came to Romania!

That's awesome :)!! Did you get a chance to attend the Bucharest concert in '92?

There was plenty of work around the time that could be released on disc.. Even if it's simple bonus tracks that we've heard... SOMETHING!!

^And that's sad how desperate us fan have to get.. I don't like that

I've been celebrating Dangerous since last night, listening to the original 91 pressing CD.

Going to listen to the original vinyl tomorrow also. Both sound gorgeous.

I've been celebrating Dangerous since last night, listening to the original 91 pressing CD.

Going to listen to the original vinyl tomorrow also. Both sound gorgeous.
How dare you do this! It's a kick in the teeth to those who wanted a physical re-release! We could have gotten an alternative album cover, a bunch of remixes by Susan Boyle and a cutout paper mask!

Seriously though, must give the album a listen over the weekend. I've still got my cassette tap, cd, pop-up cd, vinyl and special edition cd. :cool:

Why do we have to beg a company to buy from them?? Isn't that just silly? Than there is Apple with the iPhone pumping out new ones (with little change)... they have just get used to 1 phone and get something new.. while we wait 25 years for a website.

https://youtu.be/ewGZR-8QFO8

Approx 1:24 starting small video

It was not much in there that was just Michael in the studio.

Behind the scene footage.

Like this Making of Jam

Is there any other footage for the others songs on Dangerous? or any footage of Michael in the studio making Dangerous?

Last edited:
Back