Dangerous 25th anniversary month long celebration thread.

Out of everything so far the only thing that's pissed me off is that it was decided to put the Dangerous album pic on the BACK of the hoodie.
I really want it on the front, and I think it would've looked much better there.
Anyone agree? :/

^ His work has that value, it's the matter of them actually DOING IT.. Michael is the highest earning dead (I hate typing that word connecting to Michael) artist... I think the estate and/or Sony specifically goes for the cheapest product for the highest residual with Michael... They are basically doing as little for the highest return possible and not really thinking of what is GOOD, and more so what will make $$$ for them.
This person did this stuff on the KOP forum for years

Out of everything so far the only thing that's pissed me off is that it was decided to put the Dangerous album pic on the BACK of the hoodie.
I really want it on the front, and I think it would've looked much better there.
Anyone agree? :/

Yes, very much so! I thought it was an odd to choice to be honest.

On topic with Dangerous, I credit my love for Michael Jackson to Black or White.

I was sitting on my couch scrolling through the channels and I caught a glimpse of Macaulay Culkin. Being a fan of the first two Home Alone films, I watched to see what he was in. Not exactly sure what channel it was or the circumstances, but I figure it was one of those "best videos" montages that MTV used to do when they were still showing music videos on occasion. It was the first Michael Jackson song I had bothered to pay any attention to (I had heard Thriller countless times) and the first of his short films I had ever seen.

I'll never forget the moment that guitar riff started, or how stunned I was with Michael's dancing, or the amazement I felt when he started singing. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen, and the moment it ended I went online and looked up everything and anything relating to it.

And now here we are. I'm not positive, but I'm also pretty sure Dangerous was the first Michael Jackson album I purchased.

The only other moment that comes close to this was the first time I heard Speechless, and didn't get through the whole song for a few weeks (no joke) because the opening acapella was so stunning!

Have to say... that would have been a cool box set - Thriller 25 / Bad 25 / Dangerous 25, shame it's clearly not going to happen.

^^^

I agree - missed opportunity really...

Good news! It's not a missed opportunity! They have a year from November 25th to release the six disc box set!!!

Good news! It's not a missed opportunity! They have a year from November 25th to release the six disc box set!!!
It won't be happening and perhaps it's best to not be getting hopes up for other fans and leave them dreaming for another whole year. If Dangerous 25 was going to be a physical release it would have been a 2-disc set at most, which would have been fine.

And it's not "The" six disc box set, it's "A" six disc box set, as its only something hypothetical you are talking about.

Oh, there very possibly could be a two c.d. version for those who can't afford the full one THOUGH they don't have to do that.

So still no expectations on a release for something right?

I think that that is all that is going on. There is no reason for there not to be some big ass physical release. Do you like your woman in you lap or just in your computer? I'd rather her straddling me in my lap. That's how I feel about it.

That's all you are suppose to settle for! Don't you understand?! It is 2016 and no one is interested in anything like that anymore! And YOU sure as a customer better not say a WORD! If you complain you are oblivious to all aspects of reality! Don't you know not everyone could buy "Dangerous 25" so you shall not either! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!

It won't be happening and perhaps it's best to not be getting hopes up for other fans and leave them dreaming for another whole year. If Dangerous 25 was going to be a physical release it would have been a 2-disc set at most, which would have been fine.

And it's not "The" six disc box set, it's "A" six disc box set, as its only something hypothetical you are talking about.

"The Jacksons" was released 40 years ago last weekend. There doesn't seem to be a 6 disc box set for that either unfortunately.

Hi there,

Not sure this was posted already or not.
There is a Dangerous 25 event taking place in France (Lyon) with Vincent Paterson who choreographed and directed Michael several times.

More information here : http://www.mjdangerous25.com/uk/
As per the program below and most interestingly, there is a somehow official "Dangerous 25" documentary film (1 hour) as well as a screening of the Dangerous Tour (2 hours). Not sure at this stage whether the documentary is new or not and if the concert will be Bucharest or any other venue.

SATURDAY, NOV. 26, 2016
2 PM / 4 PM: Exclusive conference with Vincent Paterson (cat.1 & 2)
4:15 PM / 6:45 PM: Screening: selection of Short Films (cat.1 & 2)
4:30 PM / 5:30 PM: Master class with Vincent Paterson
6 PM / 7 PM: Meet & Greet with Vincent Paterson / group 1 (cat.1)
7:30 PM / 8:30 PM: Screening: "The man behind the throne" , Vincent Paterson attending (cat.1 & 2)

SUNDAY, NOV. 27, 2016
11:30 AM / 01:30PM : Screening: "The Dangerous Tour" (cat.1 & 2)
1:30 PM / 2:30 PM: Meet & Greet with Vincent Paterson / group 2 (cat.1)
2:30 PM / 4:30 PM: Screening: "Dangerous - The Short Films" (cat.1 & 2)
3:30 PM / 4:30 PM: Master class with Vincent Paterson
5 PM / 6 PM: Screening: "Dangerous 25"Vincent Paterson attending (cat.1 & 2)

Will any of us attend the event ?
Would be great to have a debrief from a fan here :)

That's all you are suppose to settle for! Don't you understand?! It is 2016 and no one is interested in anything like that anymore! And YOU sure as a customer better not say a WORD! If you complain you are oblivious to all aspects of reality! Don't you know not everyone could buy "Dangerous 25" so you shall not either! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!
I don't think the issue is people not being able to afford it. Most fans would be here for a 6 disc box set, it doesn't necessarily have to cost an arm and a leg, The Ultimate Collection was affordable for most demographics. Most of the income is generated from the casual music fan, such is MJ's very broad appeal; Thriller, Number One's, This Is It, MJ One, Xscape etc. Bad 25 seemed to be a step in the right direction but when it didn't perform to the extent they were expecting they probably felt it wasn't worth it, and Bad is pretty much like a Hits album next to Thriller.
"The Jacksons" was released 40 years ago last weekend. There doesn't seem to be a 6 disc box set for that either unfortunately.
Great point. I wonder will The Jacksons albums ever get the anniversary/deluxe treatment? Would love it.

Great point. I wonder will The Jacksons albums ever get the anniversary/deluxe treatment? Would love it.

Aren't some of the Jackson bros not too keen on the MJ Estate? Could make matters difficult when negotiating for any sort of Jacksons-related release...

Honestly if this website is IT I would have preferred nothing.. Not to sound like a brat but it's easier for me to just pass through it with disappointment than have a tease/reminder every day that we are not actually getting something.. I saw these Dangerous threads and was like "Ok but not ok..." now that the site is I can't seem to get it out of my head that we are not actually getting something..

The 2004 "The Ultimate Collection" box set was cheap because the c.d.s were not filled up at all plus it was confined as a generic budget compilation from artwork, photos, and packaging. It also was the SEVENTH Michael Jackson compilation in THREE years.

Last edited:
The 2004 "The Ultimate Collection" box set was cheap because the c.d.s were not filled up at all plus it was confined as a generic budget compilation from artwork, photos, and packaging. It also was the sixth Michael Jackson compilation in three years.
Not to say the least...but at least it was the best 1

@Topcronos According to the site, "Warrior Productions, in association with INVINCIBLE magazine, will also present a special film dedicated to the legendary "Dangerous" album and Michael Jackson's unparalleled humanitarian work. "Dangerous 25 starring Vincent Paterson” will be an exclusive event for France to pay tribute to the "Dangerous" album, 25 years after its release, and Michael Jackson’s "Heal The World" foundation, that launched during the same era."

So it seems that this will be an unofficial fan documentary and not an official release (which isn't surprising). If they were going to release something I think they would've started the marketing campaign hoopla all around it.

Thank you. If unofficial I doubt they had access to unseen footage. It may still be interested to see their point of view as fans.
I appreciate the fact they discuss his humatarian work and HTW foundation. Michael is still the biggest donator of all time after all !

Fans getting the job done I guess!

Aren't some of the Jackson bros not too keen on the MJ Estate? Could make matters difficult when negotiating for any sort of Jacksons-related release...
Yeah true. It's a shame because nobody gets anything. I would love if the The Jacksons and J5 material could be merged in some sort of big deal. Would love a complete albums boxset from J5 to Invincible, also rarities and live albums included such as The Jacksons Live album, J5 at the Forum.
The 2004 "The Ultimate Collection" box set was cheap because the c.d.s were not filled up at all plus it was confined as a generic budget compilation from artwork, photos, and packaging. It also was the SEVENTH Michael Jackson compilation in THREE years.
By that point it was the best release. It had 14 unreleased tracks/demos and the first offical concert release. Their not going to fill 6 discs with unheard material for a Dangerous release. One disc would be the album, another disc would be a visual or audio concert which has nothing new and a third disc would probably be the 2001 special edition unrealesed disc, there ain't gonna be 3 more discs with rarities. I would love it but that won't be happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty much what I was saying BUT I do think there is a shocking amount of unreleased stuff. I had to learn to like and value 2004 "The Ultimate Collection" and come to realize that it did serve a purpose...

Back