Dangerous Tour Leotard - Love it or hate it

Dangerous Tour Leotard - Love it or hate it

• Love It

Votes: 246 62.3%
  • Hate It

Votes: 149 37.7%

• Total voters
I don't love or hate it--but I agree with Mystic about the Smooth Criminal outfit.
Does. Not. Work!!!

Just found this thread resurface and still don't find it (the thong) any more or less attractive. Give me the nice fitting jeans any day, that I DO find quite sexy. Example being TDCAU non-prison version, OR the black leather/vinyl skin tight pants with open yellow shirt in Come Together video. :innocent:

Love love love it! Especially the Smooth Criminal outfit. One of the best outfits he's worn, in my opinion. Looks damn good on him. ;)

im a dude and i lvoed it. It can only be done by him and that cud be the reason why i dont mind it @ all

I dont like the term 'leotard' for starters! lol

I dont think it went with the Smooth Criminal outfit.

Just found this thread resurface and still don't find it (the thong) any more or less attractive. Give me the nice fitting jeans any day, that I DO find quite sexy. Example being TDCAU non-prison version, OR the black leather/vinyl skin tight pants with open yellow shirt in Come Together video. :innocent:

TDCAU & come together outfit :woohoo: mm yes please! lol

I like pretty much anything Michael wears...I like the leotard. does anyone have pictures of it from behind? I never realized it was a thong...I thought thongs were a recent invention...

Well, I'm a little bit torn on this one..... However if you think about it, It's Michael in a G- string! I mean how totally hot is that!

Love it :) i love anything he wears... ;) or doesn't :wub:

I love it cos its so michael, but at the same time I hate it cos of the thong part lol My boyfriend calls it his golden nappy! :hysterical:

I don't love or hate it, but it looks good on him. I mean the outfit itself ain't good or bad, but him wearing it looks good. Hope this makes some sense. Here's the reason (look below) why it can make sense.:)
All I can say is that o-n-l-y Michael Jackson can pull that one off.

OMG, I can't stand that outfit! I always secretly wanted to ask him, "What exactly were you thinking when you chose that?!" ;) Really, I thought it looked like someone had gone through Madonna's closet for it, lol. I've gotten used to it, but everytime I see the first half of a Dangerous concert I have to face the thongy leotard issue all over again... ugh...

Now the gold pants... owwwww, baby! Much better. Much better, indeed. (Bad Tour outfits were great as well.)

Meh, it's okay. It's just annoying when you wanna show someone who's not really a big fan the Dangerous concert, and you have to explain what he's wearing :lol:.

I hate that thing.............but I got used to it over the years

maybe its just me... I loved it. I still love it.

many people talk about his music, dancing, innovative music video's.... but i think the various costumes and clothes also made the world thing work.

Only MJ had to guts to wear that and he pulled it off. If I saw anybody wear that today.. I'd be like .... wt*.

he just didn't give us music, and dance. but the leotard, the chin guards, the jackets... everything came together.

i mean what do you like more... music, dance and costume... or a musician today that comes out sings with a black t shirt and jeans?????

in the beginning, i felt awkward watching him in that. couldn't say if i liked it or not, especially when my niece was asking why he was wearing something like that. but it has grown on me since then, after repeated watching. i thought it outlined his svelte dancer's body very well, his firm behind. though i'd have to admit it really is kinda distracting, especially when i go through his high-resolution pics. i could not help taking a few more seconds to scrutinize the triangle part. he's just so so sexy and he knows how to flaunt it onstage.

Last edited:
I didn't like it at first, but then I got used to it and now I think it's cool in its own way. Doesn't beat the gold pants though. ;)

I have to agree with the people who have a love/hate relationship with it, I never really noticed anything unusual about the gold leotard when I first saw it, maybe I was too young at the time, I just saw it as a stage costume, I didn't think it was strange, I've seen other stars wear much more revealing outfits or provocative clothes without much comment from anyone, it wasn't until I watched the Live in Bucharest concert with a male friend that I realized anyone had a problem with it! My friend wouldn't shut up about it the whole time, he kept asking what was up with the thong and the crotch grabbing didn't help, especially when I've watched it with my mother! She kept asking for an explanation for why Mike had to keep doing it. That outfit has made me endure constant teasing for years. Personally I think it's cute and unique, but not too many people seem to appreciate it!

I like it. It's what you call being original. At least he knows, no one else will copy him off that. I've seen people, girls and guys, copy every style he has, shiny clothing, buckles everywhere, etc., but NO ONE has copied the leotard.

But I have to admit, that piece hanging from the back is wierd.

i mean what do you like more... music, dance and costume... or a musician today that comes out sings with a black t shirt and jeans?????

That's right. Michael goes all the way and beyond.

oh i LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE :wub: that thing!!!

It shows him off so well! i mean it Outlines his best....... well i just LOVE it.

Hate it. Couldn't he have just worn something else? Was it that necessary? BAD outfit is so much better as well as HIStory's, especially BAD.

HATE It. In fact, I couldn't enjoy the beginning few songs of the Dangerous concert because it bothered me so much LOL.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, he had to have a g-string too.

LMAOOO!!! IMO I loved it. but not so much at the back, the lil tail all out there...but as soon as he started performing, That wanst a problem at all!

img-thing

the front
michael-jackson-gold-lame-bodysuite-history-tour-1997.jpg

THE BACK
Couldnt find it y'all sry. lolz

I don't really like it (that thong part is what kills it I think haha) but it's definitely a signature Michael Jackson outfit that only he could and would pull off :lol:

I can't say that I hate it...(although that's what I voted!) but I didn't like it either...It seems very strange to me and I think that he could wear something else!! On the other hand it's Michael, whatetver he wore he supported it very well!!!:)

Back