dewey is in the HOT SEAT!

Re: msdeweydiva is in the HOT SEAT!

Whats the one thing you'd love to do that you've never done?:)

:hello: SarahJ!

I would love to learn how to ride a horse and go horseback riding! :yes:

^Horse riding is one of the best things ever. :cheers:

That's cool. I tried once, but I didn't t have the knack for it. That was one patient horse believe me...

Hey Dewey :ciao:

How was the weekend?

What does an 'usual' day bring for you? Anything 'planned' for today?

Have a COOL Monday! :D

:waving:

My weekend was good, I guess. Typical stuff with errands and laundry and cooking.

A usual day for me is working at the library. No other plans than that, dealing with lots of people and providing excellent customer service.

Bored yet? :yawn:

(I'm joking. :laugh:}

Hope your day is wonderful, Daz. :hug:

:waving:

My weekend was good, I guess. Typical stuff with errands and laundry and cooking.

A usual day for me is working at the library. No other plans than that, dealing with lots of people and providing excellent customer service.

Bored yet? :yawn:

(I'm joking. :laugh:}

Hope your day is wonderful, Daz. :hug:

Awesome, I would really love to work in a library :blush: I do have a 'degree' for it but somehow I'm 'stuck' at Home cause they think I can't work cause I wear a brace :blink:

Yeash, it's a sunny day but cold though :) MJJCommunity Radio is keeping me nice and warm :wub:

Do you have a lot of customers in your library?
What 'age group' do you see the most? Teenagers, parents with kids or eldery people?
What 'you love to do most in a days work? Is it helping costumers pick the right book or is it putting all the books in it's rightful place again?

I changed your thread title to fit your new username. :D And since we're in the neighborhood, what's the story behind your ?username? :p

:lol: Well, I know my way around a public library quite well since I've worked in one for 27 years, so I'm an expert with the Dewey Decimal Classification system. Hence, "dewey."

@Daz

Do you have a lot of customers in your library?
What 'age group' do you see the most? Teenagers, parents with kids or eldery people?
What 'you love to do most in a days work? Is it helping costumers pick the right book or is it putting all the books in it's rightful place again?

We have a variety of people of all ages visiting my branch, but not as many as the 'main' headquarters. Still, the activity keeps me on my toes. I love helping customers find information of all kinds, but reference questions have dwindled with the advent of Internet/Google. I still love shelving books; it helps me know what's in the collection. I also write grants and plan/host programs for children. :happy:

I certainly do not sit around reading all day; such a misconception from the general public.

Last edited:
I swear I have received this answer before. Did I ever ask you anything like this before or am I just clairvoyant. :lol:

:fortuneteller: And I know, I never miss. :D I prefer a bow an arrow, but I had to make do.

:lol: Well, I know my way around a public library quite well since I've worked in one for 27 years, so I'm an expert with the Dewey Decimal Classification system. Hence, "dewey."

@Daz

We have a variety of people of all ages visiting my branch, but not as many as the 'main' headquarters. Still, the activity keeps me on my toes. I love helping customers find information of all kinds, but reference questions have dwindled with the advent of Internet/Google. I still love shelving books; it helps me know what's in the collection. I also write grants and plan/host programs for children. :happy:

I certainly do not sit around reading all day; such a misconception from the general public.

I'm not familiar with those. :no:

Do you mean an ILS that stores our metadata/cataloguing records? It's Sierra by Innovative.

I'm not familiar with those. :no:

Do you mean an ILS that stores our metadata/cataloguing records? It's Sierra by Innovative.

I did mean the 'catalog' system or how the 'collection' is presented in the library.

We used to have SISO but that catalog only referred to books with a specific number and I personally :puke: that system. I prefer the ZIZO system which is all the books are catalogued with a picture and a reference word. Easier to find a section and a book.

I'm just curious to learn that is... Can you please tell me something more about Sierra?

Well, I know how to search it to find things, and if you find a bibliographic record in the catalog, you'll see author, title, holdings, book cover image, description, and other MARC fields.

The website is here: http://www.iii.com/products/sierra

dewey;4072978 said:
Well, I know how to search it to find things, and if you find a bibliographic record in the catalog, you'll see author, title, holdings, book cover image, description, and other MARC fields.

The website is here: http://www.iii.com/products/sierra

WOW, that is cool thx for the link. :clapping:

What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?

What sound do you love?

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

Daryll748;4074796 said:
WOW, that is cool thx for the link. :clapping:

What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?

What sound do you love?

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

1. I am rather uncomfortable on airplanes, even though I've flown a few times to different places in the US. There's something about that huge piece of machinery flying in the air that makes me nervous. Maybe it's a fear of crashing, not necessarily flying. :plane:

2. My mom has taught me to appreciate the sound of birds singing. :)

3. Ummmm...30 perhaps? I had just finished getting my degree and I was married, but I became a Mom in my 30s...so, I'll say 40. :laugh:

I've read many books by Carl Hiaasen because he makes me laugh, even though he can be a bit raunchy at times. I do like reading historical fiction, Christian fiction, and popular 'young adult' books. I just read a book by Tosca Lee that I LOVED called Iscariot. I'm on Good Reads if you'd like to add me. :cheeky:

Hey :hiya:

I've finally updated my "Goodreads" with the latest books read.
How can I find you there?

Have a wonderful Friday, Dewey :D

I suppose you need to know her username. I finally joined Goodreads myself. :lol: But I'm not patient enough to add every books I've ever read... I'm not even sure I remember every book I've ever read. :sigh: I like that it recommends stuff though.

I also sent you a friend request, I hope you don't mind. :lol:

I don't mind at all. But for being a librarian, I don't use it very much.

I like it. :D It's hard to keep track of everything you've read when you read as much as I do. I'm trying to remember everything I've read and I keep remembering random titles at odd moments. :lol: I've actually been looking for something that would log my books. :D

Anybody else excited for the new book, Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee? :jump:

I haven't heard of it before. And I haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird before either, though it's been on my to do list for a while now. I just wish I had more time to read. :sigh:

Her new book was announced earlier this month; the manuscript discovered after 50 years. And Mockingbird is one of my favorite books and a lovely film, too... just love the character, Atticus Finch, played so wonderfully by Gregory Peck.

I have heard a lot about the book. :yes: Just 3 more months until graduation and then I will be free. :wild: For a few months at least. :lol: I will probably read it then. :yes:

Hey :ciao:

How have you been, Dewey?

Anything exciting happened last week?

Fave season of the year?

What book are you reading now?

Anybody else excited for the new book, Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee? :jump:
Yes!! Could you believe that news??
To kill a Mockingbird and Gone With the Wind are my two favorite books AND movies. Rare times when the movie totally matched the magic of the novels.
You're a librarian? I'm jealous. Where at??

Back