Dispatching TICKETS!!

ticketmaster always say you should recieve them no later than 7 days before the event, but they usually send them maybe, a week after you have ordered. :)

ticketmaster is very customer oriented ... I would not put worry in your heart :flowers:

I bought Prince tickets from ticketmaster and those came a few weeks before the concert. I've booked P!nk tickets with ticketmaster for April but haven't got those yet. I ordered those in November I think. I'm hoping our Michael Jackson tickets come a few weeks before. I wouldn't start complaining about delivery when you've only just bought tickets though, give them a month or 2

I bought Prince tickets from ticketmaster and those came a few weeks before the concert. I've booked P!nk tickets with ticketmaster for April but haven't got those yet. I ordered those in November I think. I'm hoping our Michael Jackson tickets come a few weeks before. I wouldn't start complaining about delivery when you've only just bought tickets though, give them a month or 2

Im not complaining im just asking so i know what to do and how to react if they don't arrive on time and by that i mean at least 20 days earlier before my flight

I am based in UK and have in the last couple of years bought many tickets from Ticketmaster for concerts in USA and also in Europe following my number one hero around most of Europe and the the West Coast of USA attending 26 concerts in 2 years!

The way Ticketmaster tend to work is, if the tickets do not arrive in time, you have to contact them, they will then arrange for duplicates to be left at the box office at the venue. On collection you may have to produce your email confirmation, credit/debit card used to purchase tickets and photographic ID. I have had to use this method a few times for shows I went to in Vegas and LA and also in London, at all times Ticketmaster left my tickets at the box office.

Sometimes a problem arises if you buy a ticket for a concert abroad, and then realise you cannot make it, due to time constraints it is not always possible to send the ticket to the person you have sold your ticket onto and thus box office collection would be required. Ticketmaster are able to transfer tickets, despite what they say, and have done for people I know who have been in this situation. They can also accept a letter of authority from the original purchaser authorising the new owner to collect the tickets, again this is at Ticketmaster's discretion. If you find yourself in this predicament, use the best sob story possible, be extremely nice to the agent you are dealing with and they may well help you out.

PS...Just to let you know, at almost everyone of those shows, I was able to upgrade my ticket on the day of the show for a better ticket, often front row. Lost a hell of a lot of money on unused tickets, but hey, its only money :)

Last edited:
when shall the tickets be mailed to us while many British fans have got the printed tickets outside the arena?

Since many fans like me are in China, we have to deal with many things such as visa, hotel booking, travel plans, etc.. So the earlier we got tickets, the better for us to set up our plans.

It is not like you are in the UK, USA, it is difficult for Chinese people to go abroad. So anything may happen.

If we finally find out we can't make it to London, we can still have time and manage to resell their tickets to other fellow fans. However, if the tickets only arrived just 7 days before the date, we will suffer huge loss, since the ticket resale, transfer and mail will cost some time.

That is my concern

Also if anyone could help me, I accidentaly chose the wrong shipping service when I bought mine...I sent them an email saying that I wanna correct that but dunno how. They still havent answered me. What do I do?
Did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, I did too choose the wrong option (Fedex EU instead of Fedex WorldWide). Asked a question twice in their form, but didn't get an answer.

when shall the tickets be mailed to us while many British fans have got the printed tickets outside the arena?

Since many fans like me are in China, we have to deal with many things such as visa, hotel booking, travel plans, etc.. So the earlier we got tickets, the better for us to set up our plans.

It is not like you are in the UK, USA, it is difficult for Chinese people to go abroad. So anything may happen.

If we finally find out we can't make it to London, we can still have time and manage to resell their tickets to other fellow fans. However, if the tickets only arrived just 7 days before the date, we will suffer huge loss, since the ticket resale, transfer and mail will cost some time.

That is my concern

I totally agree. Would be so much easier to have the tickets in your hand already, when booking flight / hotel etc.
Ticketmaster should anticipate on this.

I am based in UK and have in the last couple of years bought many tickets from Ticketmaster for concerts in USA and also in Europe following my number one hero around most of Europe and the the West Coast of USA attending 26 concerts in 2 years!

The way Ticketmaster tend to work is, if the tickets do not arrive in time, you have to contact them, they will then arrange for duplicates to be left at the box office at the venue. On collection you may have to produce your email confirmation, credit/debit card used to purchase tickets and photographic ID. I have had to use this method a few times for shows I went to in Vegas and LA and also in London, at all times Ticketmaster left my tickets at the box office.

Sometimes a problem arises if you buy a ticket for a concert abroad, and then realise you cannot make it, due to time constraints it is not always possible to send the ticket to the person you have sold your ticket onto and thus box office collection would be required. Ticketmaster are able to transfer tickets, despite what they say, and have done for people I know who have been in this situation. They can also accept a letter of authority from the original purchaser authorising the new owner to collect the tickets, again this is at Ticketmaster's discretion. If you find yourself in this predicament, use the best sob story possible, be extremely nice to the agent you are dealing with and they may well help you out.

PS...Just to let you know, at almost everyone of those shows, I was able to upgrade my ticket on the day of the show for a better ticket, often front row. Lost a hell of a lot of money on unused tickets, but hey, its only money :)

Than many of us like me will have BIGGGGG PROBLEM!!!

My friend bought ticket for me with his card and on confirmation mail i have his name....
So if this goes like you say i cant go to concert if i don't receive ticket on time at least 20 days before event .....

And if this happends ill be really angry cos i must reserve plain hotel etc...

Any suggestions what should i do ???

Hey people !!!

Im worried about this .When i purchased my ticket they sent me mail like this :

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event.

---------------------------------------------

So Im bit worried about this.Dont you think its to late .... What if i buy plain ticket and card doesn't arrive at my address what will i do than .....plain ticket wasted my money wasted ....

Anybody knows how long usually take ticket master to despatch tickets???
And they told their server is down cos to many people looking for tickets ...is it something we should worry about ??

Cheers people!!

I totally understand you.
I had the same feelings when I bought tickets to Prince.

They are doing this so people can/ should not re-sell their tickets but that worked great didn't it?...

I promise you that it will be alright. You will be able to attend whatever happens. If you tickets do not arrive 1 week before or if they are lost you should be given new tickets. I mean, you have paid them and have your booking numer so it souldn't really be a problem ^^

i recieved the email from ticketmaster ,but on my ticketmaster account it says you don,t have any tickets for upcoming events should i be worried?

hmm, my tickets are on my upcoming events,

says theyhavent been dispatched yet.

For their own sake i hope they will send them out in time or they will have a lot of work answering emails and phonecalls from nervous fans.

i chose fedex and live in Holland, i have paid around 15 euros for it, i expect them to be sent to my home for that amount and woukd not look forward to collecting them at the venue at all.
I ordered in my husbands name and he needs his creditcard for himself, i cant just bring it with me to London.

Usually they arrive a couple of weeks before a concert, so don't worry yourself too much about receiving your tickets. This is to try to prevent the secondary market.

If you bought from abroad, and by chance do not receive your ticket in time and require box office collection, but cannot attend the concert, a polite call to Ticketmaster explaining the situation should work, they can either arrange transfer of ticket or authorise that a letter of authority may be used to collect the ticket. They are used to this situation, and have the ability to solve it.

Not a single fan has their ticket in hand yet, even the people who queued up at the O2, as far as I know, were waiving their receipts around, not the actual tickets.

The tickets are probably souvenier ones, and chances are, they haven't even been printed yet!

Well last week I received tickets to an event I'm attending in November!

But I still haven't got my tickets for Pink in May or Britney in June so it seems it depends on the event or perhaps how big it is?

Well last week I received tickets to an event I'm attending in November!

But I still haven't got my tickets for Pink in May or Britney in June so it seems it depends on the event or perhaps how big it is?

all tickets with ticketmaster.co.uk ?

My thinking is that with fans calling them everyday, they will eventually get frustrated and just ship them.

You know? Who wants to deal with any of us 24/7? LOL

Well, knowing how some people got theirs real early, I hope that happens to me! I hate not knowing that I have my tickets until a week before!!!

it says on the email confirmation that they hope to send tickets asap but they might not come till 10 days b4 the event. if u dont have them a week b4 then it says u should call them.so in other words u could get them at any time

So what i realized for now is if i don't receive ticket I can mail them and they can mail me with mail which i will print and use it as ticket there or they can leave ticket at ticket box at 02 arena and when i arrive there i must have card which i bought ticket or something like that which can prove its my card and that i can get my ticket ...
Em i right?

Back