For Sade Fans

Re: Sade Returning In 2010!

Sade Emerges From Her Country Retreat
Sunday Edition UK Times
January 31, 2010

hfa013110.jpg

She is the most successful solo female artist Britain has ever produced: she has sold more than 50 [million] albums in a career that stretches back 27 years...

Audiences are noisily ecstatic in the presence of a performer who, unlike every other Brit-soul export, doesn’t try to play the gospel diva or even an American accent. Our transatlantic cousins like Sade, it seems, because she sounds like nobody but herself...

As an obstinately independent woman, long used to looking after herself, Sade is, as one old associate puts it, "no pushover" at the dating game. "I’ve paid some rugged dues," she observes of her romantic relationships...

As a teenager, she saw the Jackson 5 on television and was "more fascinated by the audience than by anything that was going on on the stage. They’d attracted kids, mothers with children, old people, white, black. I was really moved by that"...

"Whatever anybody might say about me, when I feel the warmth we get back from the audiences, particularly in America, I think it’s worth [it]. I actually prefer singing live now, I feel much more comfortable than I did...

Read the full article at:
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7005060.ece

Marty In LA

from the February 2010 'Soldier Of Love' CD:

'The Moon And The Sky'
[youtube]yFG-6-OV4J0[/youtube]

Marty In LA

[youtube]47l2ETL3kD0&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]m1-JSXJTaN4&fmt=18[/youtube]

i really do love this woman. Always have. I used to dance to her remixes at dance clubs. Beautiful tunes. My mom got me into Sade when i was kid back in the 80s. She still looks stunning.
Her face matches her music. Its so mellow and relaxing.

Sade's 'Soldier' Sizzles At No. 1 On Billboard 200

105074-sade_617.jpg

by Keith Caulfield, L.A. | February 17, 2010 11:02 EST

Nearly 10 years after the group's last studio effort, Sade is back with "Soldier of Love," blasting in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with 502,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Solder of Love" gives Sade its first No. 1 debut and its best sales week since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991. On top of that, it's the best sales week for an album by a group since AC/DC's "Black Ice" bulldozed into the chart at No. 1 on the chart dated Nov. 8, 2008, with 784,000.

"Soldier" is Sade's second No. 1 album. Its first, "Promise," spent two weeks at the top of the chart in 1986. The new album is also the first studio effort from the band -- led by vocalist Sade Adu -- since "Lovers Rock" was released in November of 2000. That set debuted and peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 with 370,000 sold in its first week. Since its release, "Lovers Rock" has sold 3.9 million in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

All told, Sade has notched eight top 10 albums in a row on the Billboard 200 -- its entire output of albums, which stretches back to its "Diamond Life" debut in 1985. That total includes its six studio sets, one greatest hits ("The Best Of") and one live recording ("Lovers Live"). With that feat of eight top 10s, Sade is the first group since Led Zeppelin to see its first eight charting albums all reach the top 10. Led Zeppelin actually did it with its first 10 albums -- from 1969 with its self-titled No. 10-peaking set, up until 1983 when "Coda" topped out at No. 6.

Soldier debut

Sade is ageless, both musically and physically. The woman is amazing! I would have loved to hear her and MJ record together!

i gotta say though i'm not a fan or just real casual with her, she might be the baddest act in the business just on the fact she doesn't change her style

no hot trends with sound, producers,coabs,etc..

takes her time ses out in the music store and concert has.

she is badd like that for no other reason. she does her own thing. gotta give her props

A long-time Sade fan here. My sister named her youngest daughter (who is now 25) after Sade.

I love Sade's music since she came out in the 80's. That band of hers is SICK!! Aside from her music, I like her image. I don't ever remember seeing her coming out in skimpy, trampy looking outfits, nor garish make-up and wild hair. Just the understated but classy trademark look of the pull-back ponytail and red lips. She always had that cool, classy, aloof vibe about her. She proves a female artist doesn't have to have busoms popping out and hindparts showing to be sexy. She's in her early 50's now and she still looks good..you go girl!

Sade is fantastic, i LOOOOOVE HER, she is pure talent,
i love her, see talent is talent, we need TALENT.

I love her Soldier Of Love song, has the vibe of some of the Invincible album, i love this woman, i love REAL talent.

Sade names Michael on the song Skin

"like Michael back in the day" :) she is absolutely wonderful

i didn't get the same impression. neither, apparently, did a critic in l.a. weekly. this isn't honoring Michael.

and quite frankly, i never was a fan of hers.

^^^
What was your impression of the song?

I don't think Sade would show any disprespect to someone that is a musical icon, who just passed away. That would make no sense considering the attention put on her album. :no:

My take on the song is that the use of Michael's name and the use of the word skin have no relation.
The song talks about ending a relationship, and she speaks of Michael with the words:
"Sure as it's gonna play and play, like Michael back in the day"
Making a reference most likely to the Thriller era, how big he was at that point.
She's using that as a comparison to show how big the amount of pain and heartache she's feeling from realizing the relationship is over, and how these feelings are just being "replayed," so she understands the necessity of mentally ridding herself completely from this man, hence needing to "peel [him] away," and to "wash [him] off [her] skin."

No disrespect I'm getting from that, not really a tribute either, just a comparison. :)

^^^
What was your impression of the song?

I don't think Sade would show any disprespect to someone that is a musical icon, who just passed away. That would make no sense considering the attention put on her album. :no:

My take on the song is that the use of Michael's name and the use of the word skin have no relation.
The song talks about ending a relationship, and she speaks of Michael with the words:
"Sure as it's gonna play and play, like Michael back in the day"
Making a reference most likely to the Thriller era, how big he was at that point.
She's using that as a comparison to show how big the amount of pain and heartache she's feeling from realizing the relationship is over, and how these feelings are just being "replayed," so she understands the necessity of mentally ridding herself completely from this man, hence needing to "peel [him] away," and to "wash [him] off [her] skin."

No disrespect I'm getting from that, not really a tribute either, just a comparison. :)

because, for me...and for some critics(ironically, because i don't like critics) the metaphor is all that is needed.

songwriting is clever.

but the reality is...Michael Jackson and peeling of skin, put together, sounds like what it sounds like. the two subjects didn't have to be used in the same song, but they were.

but again, songwriting can be clever, can't it?

it really doesn't matter what she was thinking.

and..yes..while, in your view, she wouldn't do that to him..

in my view...why wouldn't she? because she presents a certain image that supposedly flies in the face of such a possibility? that doesn't prove anything to me.

the idea that MJ was the ish 'back in the day'...

why wasn't he the ish, all his life? there are many who think he was.
that's my impression.

[youtube]K4HqmRYI9zc&fmt=18[/youtube]

Last edited:

Music critics always hated Michael Jackson, now because Sade who is a great musician is singing about him, they just need to throw stones....

No matter if the song would have said "Michael is genius" they would have found the way to belittle it... its a FACT,
now they got the perfection reason, "Skin" and Michael Jackson= vitiligo and the lie about Michael bleaching his "skin", they OF COURSE manipulated it in their own way... they SUPPORT OTHER MUSICIANS.... its LOW AND OBVIOUS.... we know who they support and WHY they support other musical styles, its getting TOO OBVIOUS...

Music critics always hated Michael Jackson... they never fully understood his music, specially his latest works.... Michael is genius, and MANY music critics are EAR LIMMITED... thats why they are CRITICS and not real musicians, may be they play something, but they are NOT TALENTED ENOUGH, envy. I JUST SAID ist envy, jelousy.

Some fans should know this ages ago, i feel like im the only one capable of noticing this.... some fans need to stop beeing limmited.... sorry, but you are beeing that way, music critics are not the musicians.... :)

MJ's name is used as a metaphor for love/emotions, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, Skin is my favorite song off the album. I wonder if Sade will be touring anytime soon?

Music critics always hated Michael Jackson, now because Sade who is a great musician is singing about him, they just need to throw stones....

No matter if the song would have said "Michael is genius" they would have found the way to belittle it... its a FACT,
now they got the perfection reason, "Skin" and Michael Jackson= vitiligo and the lie about Michael bleaching his "skin", they OF COURSE manipulated it in their own way... they SUPPORT OTHER MUSICIANS.... its LOW AND OBVIOUS.... we know who they support and WHY they support other musical styles, its getting TOO OBVIOUS...

Music critics always hated Michael Jackson... they never fully understood his music, specially his latest works.... Michael is genius, and MANY music critics are EAR LIMMITED... thats why they are CRITICS and not real musicians, may be they play something, but they are NOT TALENTED ENOUGH, envy. I JUST SAID ist envy, jelousy.

Some fans should know this ages ago, i feel like im the only one capable of noticing this.... some fans need to stop beeing limmited.... sorry, but you are beeing that way, music critics are not the musicians.... :)

each fan has his or her own interpretation. it's not right to belittle other fans for their idea.

i'm not limited. i appreciate Michael Jackson. i don't know that you saw the critic i was referring to. or what my opinion of that critic was.

i felt the critic was using the words and their happened placement in the lyric for a vicarious perverse thrill at MJ's expense. and that critic was glad to mention it, and i blasted the critic. and i don't appreciate that the words skin, and peel, and Michael Jackson, are in the same lyric. i know what people would want to do with that. but, as you can see...i had nothing disrespectful to say about other fans, because of their opinions. Gaz said we are not to disrespect other members. i have my opinion of the lyric, and everyone else on here, has theirs.

that critic i was referring to, was praising Sade. and through that lyric, he himself got a perverse thrill from making the connection that i didn't appreciate, that i felt was at Michael's expense. lyrics are so that people have different interpretations. me and the critic happened to have the same interpretation, and two different reactions.

but whatever the case, we shouldn't have a problem with other fans, just because we all don't share the same opinion about this song.

Last edited:

each fan has his or her own interpretation. it's not right to belittle other fans for their idea.

i'm not limited. i appreciate Michael Jackson. i don't know that you saw the critic i was referring to. or what my opinion of that critic was.

i felt the critic was using the words and their happened placement in the lyric for a vicarious perverse thrill at MJ's expense. and that critic was glad to mention it, and i blasted the critic. and i don't appreciate that the words skin, and peel, and Michael Jackson, are in the same lyric. i know what people would want to do with that. but, as you can see...i had nothing disrespectful to say about other fans, because of their opinions. Gaz said we are not to disrespect other members. i have my opinion of the lyric, and everyone else on here, has theirs.

that critic i was referring to, was praising Sade. and through that lyric, he himself got a perverse thrill from making the connection that i didn't appreciate, that i felt was at Michael's expense. lyrics are so that people have different interpretations. me and the critic happened to have the same interpretation, and two different reactions.

but whatever the case, we shouldn't have a problem with other fans, just because we all don't share the same opinion about this song.
Its what im saying. My point on that post was to say how some critics try to belittle Michael... and when a great artist like Sade mentions him, they completely turn everything on their own thoughts and way... its getting too obvious... we all know how critics work... more on Michael... it was nothing against you.

^^^^^They were on Dancing With The Stars tonight. She sang that song and Sweetest Taboo. The taller girl singing background is Sade's daughter Ila Adu.

[youtube]fiKErlulZnw&fmt=18[/youtube]

^^^
LOVE that song :wub:

I swear, Ms Adu doesn't age physically or vocally she looks and sounds just like she did in her 20's.

She's on the cover of Ebony. I haven't read it yet. When I was growing up, I didn't really enjoy her music but I got into it early last decade. Paradise is my fav. Sade song. It always was actually.

How is the true and proper way to pronounce her name? Wanda Sykes says her name is pronounced "Shar-Day". I watch her weekly show and a fan said she says is wrong by adding an r in to the pronunciation. Wanda replied that "Shar-Day" herself puts an r in the pronunciation.

So, does she? I always thought it was "Shaw-Day".

Back