For Sade Fans

Re: Sade Returning In 2010!

It's "Sha-day" with no 'R'. I remember when she 1st came out and the late singer Robert Palmer didn't know how to pronounce her name and said "Sayd" in an interview for the Power Station, lol.

I have to say that I LOVE Sade's last album. I love the sound, the sweetness, the lyrics, the emotions, it's really a great album for me. It makes me feel so many different emotions, from joy to pain, from being blue, to being in love. Great work. And what a wonderful voice.

Great, great, great work!
:clapping:

I know this was not meant for Michael, nor for Paris, but this lyrics... God... perfect for the love of Michael for her little princess.

He has the troops and extra backup standing by
For you child
For you he's the best he can be
For you child
Oh child don't you know
Your dady love come with a life time guarantee

Sweet Paris... sending our major love to you.
:hug:

^^^
What was your impression of the song?

I don't think Sade would show any disprespect to someone that is a musical icon, who just passed away. That would make no sense considering the attention put on her album. :no:

My take on the song is that the use of Michael's name and the use of the word skin have no relation.
The song talks about ending a relationship, and she speaks of Michael with the words:
"Sure as it's gonna play and play, like Michael back in the day"
Making a reference most likely to the Thriller era, how big he was at that point.
She's using that as a comparison to show how big the amount of pain and heartache she's feeling from realizing the relationship is over, and how these feelings are just being "replayed," so she understands the necessity of mentally ridding herself completely from this man, hence needing to "peel [him] away," and to "wash [him] off [her] skin."

No disrespect I'm getting from that, not really a tribute either, just a comparison. :)

Oh, I thought it was just my (silly) idea. I agree with you. Just a comparison. Great album, friends!! Sade is wonderful, her voice is angelic, out of this world. I just love this album :clapping::clapping:

I know this was not meant for Michael, nor for Paris, but this lyrics... God... perfect for the love of Michael for her little princess.

He has the troops and extra backup standing by
For you child
For you child
Oh child don't you know
Your dady love come with a life time guarantee

Sweet Paris... sending our major love to you.
:hug:
:wub:

Ok, does this woman not age?! :bugeyed She's beautiful! Love her! :wub:

Here's a little documentary about the Soldier Of Love album. As usual with VEVO, the video plays jerky. :D
[youtube]-DLxYOiXT2c[/youtube]

Re: Any Sade Fans?

^^^^ Smooth as silk, thanks Double D!

Maureen (1985)
[youtube]VX7GzPs7i8M[/youtube]

Marty In LA

Sade Embarks On First Global Tour In Ten Years

09/30/2010

Following the platinum selling success of Soldier of Love, Sade announces their highly
anticipated return to the world's stage. The North American leg
begins on June 16th, 2011 in Baltimore, Maryland at the 1st Mariner
Arena. Tickets go on sale in select markets beginning October 16th at
LiveNation.com with additional dates to be announced soon.

RSVP on Facebook now to receive a special code to buy tickets early.

Sade will perform songs from their collection of timeless hits
including songs from their critically acclaimed album, Soldier of Love which secured the # 1 album spot upon its release in February. Selling over a million copies to-date, Soldier of Love spent three weeks in the number one spot taking its rightful place among the collection of iconic Sade albums.

Sade will perform over 50 concerts in top arenas across North
America, in an effort to reach her vast and loyal fan base. Their
classic sound set to haunting, unmistakable vocals creates the most
intimate of concert experiences in a way that only an unforgettable
Sade performance can. Sade performed for more than 1,000,000 fans
during her last tour in 2001.

06/16 Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena (on sale 10/16)

06/19 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Arena (on sale 10/18)

06/21 Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum (on sale 10/18)

06/24 East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (on sale 10/18)

06/28 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre (on sale 10/16)

06/30 Montreal, QC - Bell Centre (on sale 10/16)

07/06 Boston, MA - TD Garden (on sale 10/18)

08/05 Chicago, IL - United Center (on sale 10/18)

08/19 Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center (on sale 10/18)

08/30 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (on sale 10/18)

Additional dates will be announced in the following markets soon:
Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Calgary, AB; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX;
Detroit, MI; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Las
Vegas, NV; Louisville, KY; Memphis, TN; Milwaukee, WI; New Orleans,
LA; Oakland, CA; Orlando, FL; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Portland,
OR; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; San Jose, CA; Seattle, WA; St Paul,
MN; Vancouver, BC.

http://www.sade.com/us/news/2010-09-30/sade_embarks_on_first_global_tour_in_ten_years/

Re: Any Sade Fans? [ Merged ]

I adore Sade! I haven't listened to her in a long time though....Thanks for the reminder :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I never thought she’d say yes, but asked anyway. She was kind + giving. A goddess. We began a journey together that I’ll never forget. Proud to announce that Sade has created an original song for WRINKLE IN TIME. It’s entitled “Flower of the Universe.” And it’s a dream come true. <a href="https://t.co/FdXrZ1MFMO">pic.twitter.com/FdXrZ1MFMO</a></p>&mdash; Ava DuVernay (@ava) <a href="https://twitter.com/ava/status/966004518960881665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sade to Release New Song on &#8216;Wrinkle in Time&#8217; Soundtrack
By Jem Aswad
FEBRUARY 20, 2018

sade.jpg

It&#8217;s hard to think of a musical artist who&#8217;s made more of an art out of scarcity than Sade Adu: She and the band that bears her first name have released exactly two new studio albums over the past quarter century, and yet she&#8217;s arguably as popular and iconic as she&#8217;s ever been.

Thus, director Ava DuVernay&#8217;s announcement earlier today that the singer has &#8220;created&#8221; a very Sade-sounding new song called &#8220;Flower of the Universe&#8221; for the forthcoming &#8220;Wrinkle in Time&#8221; film has met with a rapturous response.

&#8220;I never thought she&#8217;d say yes, but asked anyway,&#8221; DuVernay&#8217;s tweet reads. &#8220;She was kind + giving. A goddess. We began a journey together that I&#8217;ll never forget. Proud to announce that Sade has created an original song for WRINKLE IN TIME. It&#8217;s entitled &#8216;Flower of the Universe.&#8217; And it&#8217;s a dream come true.&#8221;

The film, an adaptation of Madeleine L&#8217;Engle&#8217;s legendary 1962 children&#8217;s book, stars Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling and is out March 9. The soundtrack also features songs by Demi Lovato, Sia and Kehlani.

Sade released the &#8220;Lovers Rock&#8221; album in 2000 &#8212; which features the single &#8220;By Your Side,&#8221; covered beautifully by Frank Ocean a few years back &#8212; and &#8220;Soldier of Love&#8221; in 2010 and toured behind both discs. Fiercely private, Sade has largely dedicated the last 20-odd years to raising her family, including her son Izaak Theo, who came out as transgender in 2016 and was born Mickailia.

[video=youtube;MPP8joy6Q24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPP8joy6Q24[/video]

Re: A Wrinkle In Time soundtrack

I love Sade. She is seriously one of my favourite female artists. Her sound is unique and unmistakable.
She is a classy perfectionist and she obviously believes that "less is more", in terms of bringing forth new songs.
I've always wondered what a collaboration/duet between Sade and MJ would be like......oozing with sensuality, no doubt.

Anyone in the mood for a Sade concert? Here's an hour and ten minutes of THE BEST.

Songwriters Hall of Fame Unveils 2023 Class: Sade, Snoop Dogg, Gloria Estefan, More
by Jem Aswad • Jan 18, 2023 • Variety
GettyImages-122281485-e1674054074277.jpg

Sade Adu, Snoop Dogg, Gloria Estefan, Electric Light Orchestra mastermind Jeff Lynne, Alanis Morrisette collaborator Glen Ballard, New Jack Swing icon Teddy Riley and Taylor Swift collaborator Liz Rose will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame at the organization’s 52nd annual Induction and Awards Gala. The event is scheduled for Thursday, June 15, at its longtime home, the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York.

Between them, the songwriters are credited with hits such as “Smooth Operator,” “Man In the Mirror,” “Drop It Like It’s Hot,” “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You,” “Mr. Blue Sky,” “My Prerogative,” and “You Belong With Me” — a partial list of their hits appears below. Additional special award honorees will be announced soon.

SHOF Chairman Nile Rodgers said, “The music industry does not exist without songwriters delivering great songs first. Without them there is no recorded music, no concert business, no merch . . . nothing, it all starts with the song and the songwriter. We are therefore very proud that we are continually recognizing some of the culturally most important songwriters of all time and that the 2023 slate represents not just iconic songs but also diversity and unity across genres, ethnicity and gender, songwriters who have enriched our lives and, in their time, literally transformed music and the lives of billions of listeners all over the world.”

Blondie, R.E.M., the Doobie Brothers, Patti Smith and Steve Winwood were among the nominees who were not inducted this year (see the full list of nominees here.)

The Songwriters Hall of Fame is dedicated to recognizing the work and lives of those composers and lyricists who create music around the world. A songwriter with a notable catalog of songs qualifies for induction 20 years after the first significant commercial release of a song.

Last year, the ceremony — which is one of the most unique and star-studded in the music industry — returned after a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic. Mariah Carey, Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart (Eurythmics), the Isley Brothers, Steve Miller, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo (the Neptunes), Rick Nowels, and William “Mickey” Stevenson were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Songwriter Paul Williams received the prestigious Johnny Mercer Award, Universal Music Publishing Chairman-CEO Jody Gerson received the Abe Olman Publisher Award, and rapper Lil Nas X received the Hal David Starlight Award — the first rapper to receive that honor since Drake.

Back