French interview of Dr Freeze about the next MJ album

During rehearsals for performances he like to film his work to see how it looked.
But he did not like to film working on songs in the recording studio.

:cry:

This got me confused. I thought Michael especially wanted to be filmed during recording so he could watch himself afterwards? :blink:

I think being recorded during recording the songs was a lil too personal for him maybe

Where as during rehearsals for a concert was ok cuz he did have his crew around him and felt comfortable.

Yeah, remember Michael saying he doesn't even like when people are looking at him while recording songs. He said that's why he usually sings in the dark, so people can't stare at him while he's singing.

He mentioned that in his Dangerous deposition that was posted in the 2000 Watts section not so long ago.

Q: How do you know if "A Place With No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" will be on the next album?

F: That I know. It's confirmed.

Q: Great, we look forward to that! Do you intend to edit the song "Blue Gangsta", the refresh?

F: Actually, it already has for "Blue Gangsta". I have "refreshed", the song is completed, ready to go. It will be completely different from the version leaked on the net. It is perfectly calibrated to enter a nightclub. It sounds very European in style productions of Kraftwerk.

Q: Will you keep the base of the song? [Quagmire he sings an excerpt]

F: Absolutely, everything is the same, but it sounds more modern.

Q: You've accelerated the pace?

F: No, no. Everything is exactly the same.

Q: [confused] Okay. So to summarize, you've just added a few extra sounds and made some alterations to the "cool"?

F: Exactly. To make an analogy, it's like if you had shot a movie and then you take it out in 3D.
Great news, we might get to hear BG on the next album. "Might", becuz I can't believe it til I see it on the tracklist. BTW, why did he have to change the leaked version? I mean, the version that got leaked recently, it's good as it is. His explanation still got me confused.

Give my thanks for the interview and translation.

Great news, we might get to hear BG on the next album. "Might", becuz I can't believe it til I see it on the tracklist. BTW, why did he have to change the leaked version? I mean, the version that got leaked recently, it's good as it is. His explanation still got me confused.

Give my thanks for the interview and translation.

i think Freez is refering to the version with the rap that appeared 2007 !

OMG! Thank u so much...to MJFrance...GOd bless...IM so dying to hear "APWNN" full...gah PLZ this is xoxo exciting, hope its true & this time i hope its not controversial.

I also hope that the new mix/final version of A PLACE W/ no name is as good as the snippet or even better...i really luv that song...& i also like all Dr. Freeze MJ production...bring it on! YES???

Last edited:
So there's a possibility that the 2 new songs will be on the cirque du soleil album
I am reffering to gangster and A place...

Thanks for this, its awesome!!! how i wish i was at one of those studio sessions.... God, it was my dream to meet him, the only artist i as an artist am interested in to really know... and he is gone... luckily we had all these recounts of him, they warm my heart splendidly :)

THANKS!!!!!!!! :) :flowers:

I really dont want that "refreshment" and i dont like the fact he is doing it so it can enter a night club... Michael is artistry, is to hear, and to dance, but is not commercial stuff for clubs... anyway... Michael is not around anymore so... what can i say...

if i was Freeze i would honor Michael's artistry not a night club or destroy a musical peace so it can be a summer hit... leave that to Gaga or Madonna, Michael was pure ingenius, he didnt wanted to be like the other, he was NOT like the others even if he tried... he was GENIUS.

He's not being entirely honest about ''Break of dawn'' though. He says Michael used the song exactly as it was when he presented it to him. That can't be true. One can hear Michael distinctivr sound all over that track. Plus Michael is credited as co-producer on the album sleeve.

I really dont want that "refreshment" and i dont like the fact he is doing it so it can enter a night club... Michael is artistry, is to hear, and to dance, but is not commercial stuff for clubs... anyway... Michael is not around anymore so... what can i say...

if i was Freeze i would honor Michael's artistry not a night club or destroy a musical peace so it can be a summer hit... leave that to Gaga or Madonna, Michael was pure ingenius, he didnt wanted to be like the other, he was NOT like the others even if he tried... he was GENIUS.

Agrees. Hate it so much when these youngies wanna always mess with the oldies (songs), those songs are still fresh, no need to tamper with them, thus ruin them, like it happened with the "Michael" album.

^^^^ exactly, they just RUIN the songs, they dont have Michael's ear... its never the same.... i say he should let it as Michael might have heard it...

He's not being entirely honest about ''Break of dawn'' though. He says Michael used the song exactly as it was when he presented it to him. That can't be true. One can hear Michael distinctivr sound all over that track. Plus Michael is credited as co-producer on the album sleeve.

THANK YOU! That's what i am saying. When it comes to Mike and his work there will always be someone who will get more credits than him. This guy is talking like he did all the work and Mike just sang.Not fair and especially now that Michael is not here.

oh :scratch: ! The fans who interviewed him can't ignore this, no ? so ...:scratch:

thank you! That's what i am saying. When it comes to mike and his work there will always be someone who will get more credits than him. this guy is talking like he did all the work and mike just sang.not fair and especially now that michael is not here.
soooooooooooooooooooooo right!

i think u are exggerating a little bit , there ar many hit songs by MJ which are not written by him...Man in the mirrore , human nature, another day , hold my hand, this is it, thriller ,blood on the dance floor, fall again,butterfly and many many songs! also most of Invincible was co written only Speechless and Lost children were all written by MJ and he said both were inspired by children ....

I do not know why you people become so sensitve about simple and sometimes silly things....it is his work , even if M added some words or changed some lines , and he deserve the credit for it !

i think u are exggerating a little bit , there ar many hit songs by MJ which are not written by him...Man in the mirrore , human nature, another day , hold my hand, this is it, thriller ,blood on the dance floor, fall again,butterfly and many many songs! also most of Invincible was co written only Speechless and Lost children were all written by MJ and he said both were inspired by children ....

I do not know why you people become so sensitve about simple and sometimes silly things....it is his work , even if M added some words or changed some lines , and he deserve the credit for it !

I don't think you understood my post. Nowhere did I mention songwriting. Ofcourse Dr Freeze deserves credit for producing the song. I was just disputing the fact that that he said Michael used ''Break of dawn'' whithout making any alterations to it. How can this be true when Michael is CREDITED as CO-PRODUCER on the album sleeve plus one can actually HEAR Michael's input.

He would help with the production of most of the songs you enlisted, though, he'd very very often offer his input on most, if not all of his songs, that's how they ended up being chosen for the respective album afterall. Song 'Blood On The Dancefloor' Was written and produced by Jackson, by the way, alongside Teddy Riley.

This is it was co-writen by Michael but anyway. I don't think that some of us become over sensitive.It's just a fact and something that lots of us have noticed.That when people talk about Mike and his music work, they simply don't give him enough credits. That's why you have so many people out there think that Mike didn't write a single song in his life, that he was just a singing and dancing boy, an overrated artist who had good staff around him and that's why he was so succesful. I have even heard Michael "fans" tell this.That is totaly wrong. When Michael didn't have anything to do with a song, he would tell it. I don't think that he ever took credits for something that he didn't wrote or wasn't involved at all. And that is very rare for an artist. So, i would expect people who worked with him, do the same. Give him credits when they need to be given.But almost no one does it.

just double checking, so the 40 sec acapella clip of Place With No Name is fake? the only real snippet is the 25 sec. leak....right?

I don't think you understood my post. Nowhere did I mention songwriting. Ofcourse Dr Freeze deserves credit for producing the song. I was just disputing the fact that that he said Michael used ''Break of dawn'' whithout making any alterations to it. How can this be true when Michael is CREDITED as CO-PRODUCER on the album sleeve plus one can actually HEAR Michael's input.

Don't believe what you read in the Invincible booklet : MJ was given credits on songs he neither produced nor wrote. It's a common practice (sadly) in the industry now. For instance, the guy who wrote "Whatever Happens" said basically that in order for his song to be picked for the album, he had to allow MJ and Teddy Riley to share cowriting credits.

However, someone said earlier that MJ didn't write Blood on the Dance Floor. Actually, this is one song that he DID write. Bill Bottrell said that he had written a song by that title, and MJ heard the title and wrote a completely new song based on it. As for the backing music, it was something Teddy Riley had given MJ earlier. So the vocal melody and lyrics are MJ's.

Don't believe what you read in the Invincible booklet : MJ was given credits on songs he neither produced nor wrote. It's a common practice (sadly) in the industry now. For instance, the guy who wrote "Whatever Happens" said basically that in order for his song to be picked for the album, he had to allow MJ and Teddy Riley to share cowriting credits.

However, someone said earlier that MJ didn't write Blood on the Dance Floor. Actually, this is one song that he DID write. Bill Bottrell said that he had written a song by that title, and MJ heard the title and wrote a completely new song based on it. As for the backing music, it was something Teddy Riley had given MJ earlier. So the vocal melody and lyrics are MJ's.

You speak seem with great certainty.Can you tell me one song that Michael didn't wrote and he took credit for? Because i was of the opinion that Mike does not get enough credit for the songs that he wrote.

I am a FAN of Michael Jackson, not of his producers.
I am a fan of Michael Jackson's songs, produced/co-produced by Michael Jackson, and not of these clowns, who suddenly have a need to chop and screw Michael' unreleased songs to the bits when Michael is gone, just so they can say "I PRODUCED MICHAEL JACKSON'S SONG".

I, for instance am not interesting on Dr. Freeze, Riley and another producers skills, period. They are not that good at it, so they should give it a rest and hand us the music that Michael has left "as it is".

Dr. Freeze admired Michael's work in process, but in the interview he kinda contradicts himself:

"Michael was a perfectionist and we had to start from scratch to produce the music for the best possible way." (well we know this, since every producer who worked with MJJ has said it)

But for Break of Dawn he says (since it was Dr. Freeze "song"):

"Yes, he loved the song! He wanted to leave it as is! All I had done on this piece, no one had the right to change anything"

Well, according to the source:
http://songwritershalloffame.org/index.php/songs/detailed/C116/P0/
BREAK OR DAWN
Writer: Dr. Freeze, Michael Jackson

Michael wouldn't have his name up there, if he just used his "vocals". Because, if he did, Freeze would have filed a lawsuit, oh yes he would.
(Or "I heard Michael used auto-tune but I didn't want to say any names", suddenly Teddy got a need to share this piece of info after MJJ passed away, when before they couldn't either of them say a thing)...

I, like to hear "blue gangster" and "a place with no name" produced, finalized & released when Michael was ALIVE. I am NOT interest on updates or changes that Dr. Freeze is so eager to do with already finalized songs, nor Teddy Riley's or any of XYZ producer.

You speak seem with great certainty.Can you tell me one song that Michael didn't wrote and he took credit for? Because i was of the opinion that Mike does not get enough credit for the songs that he wrote.

On Invincible, he didn't write Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens, Heaven Can Wait, 2000 Watts and You are My Life, despite getting a co-writing credit for them. There are reasons to believe he also didn't write all of the Jerkins tracks, but no definitive evidence.

Last edited:
Well, according to the source:
http://songwritershalloffame.org/index.php/songs/detailed/C116/P0/
BREAK OR DAWN
Writer: Dr. Freeze, Michael Jackson

Michael wouldn't have his name up there, if he just used his "vocals". Because, if he did, Freeze would have filed a lawsuit, oh yes he would.

That's not how it works at all : the songwriter and the singer agree to share songwriting credits, even when the singer didn't actually write the song. It's a win-win solution : the singer gets extra money, and the songwriter gets to have his song on a major release by a major artist, which means more money for him.

Do you think that Madonna, Britney Spears, Beyonce or any of those pop stars actually wrote all those songs they're credited on? Just listen to the original demos of some of those songs on Youtube, and you'll find they're similar to the finished products.

If you need to rationalize it so MJ doesn't come off as a liar, I guess you can say that his ad-libs qualify as lyrics, and that's why he got a credit.

On Invincible, he didn't write Break of Dawn, Whatever Happens, Heaven Can Wait, 2000 Watts and You are My Life, despite getting a co-writing credit for them. There are reasons to believe he also didn't write all of the Jerkins tracks, but no definitive evidence.

Proofs??? Because i can say the same thing about lots of people. Were are your proofs?And are you really trying to say to us that in all those songs that Michael is credited as a co-songwritter, he didn't write any of it? Maybe he didn't write Beat it, or Stranger in Moscow at all, who knows?? Here my advice for you.Until you have proofs, is better not to speak. Because you are presenting a hypothetical situation as a fact and you are creating false impressions. I think, as a Michael Jackson fan, you should have known by now that facts and evidences are everything.

Last edited:
Back