French interview of Dr Freeze about the next MJ album

He's not being entirely honest about ''Break of dawn'' though. He says Michael used the song exactly as it was when he presented it to him. That can't be true. One can hear Michael distinctivr sound all over that track. Plus Michael is credited as co-producer on the album sleeve.

THANK YOU! That's what i am saying. When it comes to Mike and his work there will always be someone who will get more credits than him. This guy is talking like he did all the work and Mike just sang.Not fair and especially now that Michael is not here.

I don't think you understood my post. Nowhere did I mention songwriting. Ofcourse Dr Freeze deserves credit for producing the song. I was just disputing the fact that that he said Michael used ''Break of dawn'' whithout making any alterations to it. How can this be true when Michael is CREDITED as CO-PRODUCER on the album sleeve plus one can actually HEAR Michael's input.

This is it was co-writen by Michael but anyway. I don't think that some of us become over sensitive.It's just a fact and something that lots of us have noticed.That when people talk about Mike and his music work, they simply don't give him enough credits. That's why you have so many people out there think that Mike didn't write a single song in his life, that he was just a singing and dancing boy, an overrated artist who had good staff around him and that's why he was so succesful.

The interview about BOD is a little contradictory but maybe it was lost in translation. Michael was credited as a co-writer, and co-producer. Freeze contradicts himself here and there saying at first Michael didn't touch the song, when later in the same interview it states thatMichael changed a verse and made other changes and added other details so he was clearly a co-writer and co-producer.

As for the ridiculous claim made by Kreen that Michael simply forced ppl to put his name as writer credit in order for them to have the song inthe album, well I have never heard something that assinine. If that is the case then why didn't he give himself credit on Butterflies. Also Michael was very generous, he gave ppl credit on a lot of his songs, ie. We are the World, he could have easily never given L. Ritchie credit but he did.

Kreen has always been very skeptical of Michael's writing talents. I've seen many of his posts on the now defunct "new album thread". And I do realize its because he wants Michael to write every song. But, what is wrong with having collaborations? And now because of this, he never wrote most of the songs in Invincible? All his song credits there are simply fake? So that is how the music industry operates today? Artists stealing songs from writers?

I am just sooo happy we'll get to hear Blue Gangsta, and I know most of the fans must be ecstatic that APWNN will finally be released. I was never keen on that song because it is a cover, but I am still looking forward to it.

Back