Handwritten letter from MJ to Cameraman

Thanks for posting this, it's really touching... you can really feel the emotion in his words.

It kinda strikes me how much still we had to learn from/about him, how many more sides of his personality and mind we didn't know about and I don't mean writing but also drawing, painting, playing different instruments etc, you know what I mean...

I'm very very sorry that I won't get to keep discovering Michael and that the world out there won't either. They who didn't know half as much as we did... now they'll never understand why he was so adored...Sure, the music but that's not all! It really pains me to talk to someone and hear their prejudiced ideas, saying how they know this and that about Mike when in fact they are so blind!!!:no::no:

I don't have anyone to talk to about him irl so the forums are a refuge. You are right. I'm learning new things about him all the time. When I think I couldn't be more impressed then I am proven wrong. I'm talking about learninga about the man, not the image. To say that he was one of a kind is an understatement and too cliche.

Oh my Gosh! Michael!! such a beautiful soul!!

awww Thanks for posting and sharing. :flowers:

Beautiful letter written by a beautiful soul..

Absolutely. :)

Did the letter ever make it to Pecky? Was this part of the Henry Vaccaro stuff packed away? Also the other things for auction? Did they just remain among Michael's stuff packed away in warehouses, or are people selling these items separately to make money? The estimates are soooo low. Why would people do this?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it was a written draft and a typed letter was sent off...or maybe he wrote this and never got the chance/opportunity to actually give it to Pecky. I'm curious as to where these items are from as well. If it's Vaccaro...ugh! It can't possibly be from the auction Tohme brokered, can it? :unsure:

Finally we find out who "Pecky" is!! I been wondering who it was for decades. He says "Pecky, where are you?" in Yokohama'87 and i couldnt work out for the life of me, who he was. I thought it was a nick name for one of the band.

Thanks for posting. I haven't read that before, so this was a great surprise for me :)

Michael have always been so thoughtful about every subject. Imagine sitting down with him somewhere and just simply talk!

This letter shows exactly what kind of person he was .. sweet and loving :) thank you for posting it.

He shouted "Pecky!" at the Yokohama concert and I had no idea why. It was the camera man! hehe. Now I know.

So this guy used to be a racist? I wonder how the conversation went in the car...

When did he yell this?

It is my dream and goal to capture truth. We should dedicate ourselves to this. The person who makes a success of living, is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. There is no other way to perfection than dedication perseverance.

I agree with him on this, maybe its a Virgo thing as the truth and perfection are so important to me(just look at my pic lol)

Micheal is capable of changing anyone. I lobe this in a human being.We are all equal regardless of race or colour. I have friends of every race..I like what Michael said..Aww!! Just look at his kids..what a fine example..

Michael changed me. He healed my racism :)
I can't believe how deep this letter speaks to me.. It's amazing..
What a message to read...

I feel Michael's trying to tell me he forgives me.. :)

Found it! Squeeee! U can even see Pecky there behind him after he calls for him. I love these little tidbits.

I wonder if Pecky even got the letter. I hope he did. Maybe it just fell into the wrong hands and that's how it ended up being for sale. I can't imagine getting a letter like that from Michael and ever willingly sell it or give it away.

this was absolutely wonderful! I am IN LOVE with this man!

Such a deep, beautiful letter...shows who he is as a person.
I can't read this without thinking of "Pecchi, where are you?"

This letter is beautifully composed.

Thank you for posting the letter.
Yeah I was thinking of the Yokohama show too. Now I know who this Pecchi man is.

Michael had such a beautful heart, that is why we love him so much.

Thanks so very much for posting this! This precious handwritten letter really tells us a lot. I took the liberty of translating it so more of my people can appreciate MJ's intelligence, persistent pursuit of excellence, and above all his gentle and caring soul.

Last edited:
This auction site looks legit and I really want to be something. I have my eye on that Fedora...is this stuff up for sale or auction?

the is so beautiful thank you. I snatched it before it disappears

MJletter.jpg

MJletter2.jpg

MJletter3.jpg

Michael changed me. He healed my racism :)
I can't believe how deep this letter speaks to me.. It's amazing..
What a message to read...

I feel Michael's trying to tell me he forgives me.. :)

My friend you don't need Michael's forgiveness, you need God's. Also if the letter never existed would you be able to confront your racism?

The world lost one of the greatest human beings. It truly hurts me to know that a person like Michael doesn't come by very often, if at all. The way he was treated while on this earth was too much for any gentle soul to handle but he handled it well.

This letter is beautiful and truly heartfelt. Michael, we will miss you more than you could ever know... We didn't deserve you.

There are plenty of people like Michael who existed and still exist. The point is one doesn't need Michael to understand there are problems of race in this world and the only way to change it is to study other people's culture so one won't be so ignorant and stupid when it comes to dealing with people of color. It is sad and a shame that it would take a letter to make people realize there are problems in this world.

thank you so much for transcribing it - now it is a treasure, but it was a treasure before. Ones is good for this reason, now it is public more people can be aware of his wonderful gentle soul. RIP - I love you forever and beyond that.

oh yes Neeve, thats it right there, extraordinarily evolved. He justs inspires everyone who comes across him. Its what i tell people who show interest in learning about him, becoming a fan of michael jackson will make you a better person :yes:

omg, this is so true. I've always been a michael jackson fan, but i really started to look into his humanitarian stuff after and let me tell you, it makes me want to go to africa and save and feed all the children there. I've always been a hopeful person, but Michael has given me even MORE hope, and has made me more inspirational.

Back