How do you handle someone bad-mouthing Michael in front of you?

Hello Fellow Moonwalkers :)
I wear something MJ everyday. I walk into town with Michael's image on my t.shirt and crossbody bag. On occasion I've noticed some odd looks from people, but it will never deter me! I wear his images with pride and if anyone said anything derogatory, I would politely defend Michael to the stars... He will forever be unparalleled and I miss him intensely. His music and amazing legacy will live on eternally. God bless you Michael and God bless all you fans out there! L.O.V.E. :)

I had a woman from a motorcycle forum I'm on give me strange looks one day. We'd met up for a ride my local area was doing and I was wearing an MJ T-shirt. She didn't say anything but I've seen her post some anti MJ things on the forum. She has no clue just like most people with her opinions.

You're spot-on! She has no clue! It just shows ignorance on her part. Good for you wearing an MJ t.shirt! Why oh why can't these people look inside themselves - it's such a flaw.... Michael's countless humanitarian efforts and genuine love for peace and all that this world is lacking in, is completely overlooked. I miss him like crazy....

"i'm sorry you feel that way, but regardless of what he did/didn't do, I love his music and always will."

I think the way I react would depend on HOW they are bad mouthing Michael.. I'd feel the need to educate them but it really depends on the person. Often you can tell when someone is actually open minded enough to listen or not.. If they are not I think it could bring out the sarcastic smart @$$ out of me. "Well studied about Michael Jackson ha?" I get extra blunt sometimes under that circumstance how big of a fan I am, and just briefly let them know that I am someone that actually read court transcripts and paid attention to the whole thing and know he's innocent.

Fortunately I don't often come across badmouthers anymore. More often than not, nowadays people are curious and since they know I'm their local MJ encyclopedia, lol, they ask me stuff.

Sad though, that it took his death for that change to happen :(

When he was alive? Whole other story.

Generally if they were just joking I would let it slide. But for me if they say something really nasty like he was a child molesterer, then I have to react as it is so wrong and believe it through their ignorance of who Michael Jackson was and what he meant to the world.

It is obvious many non fans and the like believe the media reports and unfortunately the bad things said about Michael last more than the positive ones. They all know about Plastic surgeries, pill addictions and the trials, but they ignore Heal the World, his humanitarian side and even the music and his stardom. Sometimes I will react if they are really venal like "He fxxked little boys", but most time I have found if the person is beyond caring about, I just leave it and say whatever. It hurst me when people think like that and say those untrue things about Michael Jackson, like it must for all of you. Not just because this stuff is lies, but because of the respect I had for Michael Jackson as a human being and huge star. Also because I saw Michael's work ethic and purity as a role model for me and he is man who I hold in hi esteem, so when people say this crap, it really saddens me.

Generally I get it less now, as to most people, he died 6 years ago and many others have died since then like Whitney Houston (Another favourite of mine, whose life was cut short by drug addictions) and my friends and family know how I feel about Michael Jackson and know not to go there! I think they do it as well because they are jealous of Michael's success and his fame and wish they had it.

If anything, I get more flack for liking Prince, as he was not as famous and the rumour that won't go away that he was gay and changed his name to a symbol (We know he did, but many people still think he is the symbol). Seriously most of it is based on homophobia and fear (MJ and Prince) and yet in real life, both were nothing but straight and portrayed the drugs is wack message. Being an openly gay man myself, they also know not to do the whole gay joke business. But yeah calling Michael Jackson gay is lame and old and it needs to stop, its not funny, its dumb and people need to grow up.

when i was younger, whenever someone said mean things about him, i would go off in a total rage, and give them a piece of my mind to a point where they had to back up :lol:
nowadays i'm more calm about it, i'm also a lot older. i usually just ignore it, it doesn't get to me as much, because i know they're the ignorant ones, and i know better. if someone says something directly to me, i completely ignore it, or just say, yeah ok whatever. and it usually make them shut up. because that make them understand it's something i'm not interested in talking about. it's like, when people find out i'm mj fan they automatically think i'm interested in hearing their opinion about him, whether it's positive or negative. i don't give a rats ass what people think about him :smilerolleyes:

Hello Fellow Moonwalkers :)
I wear something MJ everyday. I walk into town with Michael's image on my t.shirt and crossbody bag. On occasion I've noticed some odd looks from people, but it will never deter me! I wear his images with pride and if anyone said anything derogatory, I would politely defend Michael to the stars... He will forever be unparalleled and I miss him intensely. His music and amazing legacy will live on eternally. God bless you Michael and God bless all you fans out there! L.O.V.E. :)
I do the same! I ALWAYS wear at least one thing MJ related. t-shirt, toque, hairbands, earrings, bracelets, bags etc...you name it, I got it :D
and of course my tattoo which I can't take off ;)
people have to just take one look at me and they will know right away that I'm a MJ fan. and that's how I want it to be, and I'm very proud of it
I've gotten quite a few comments over the years, but never negative ones. not from strangers anyway, not that i can remember. The weirdest comment i've ever gotten was this lady who said to me (this was during the trial in 2005): aren't you scared to wear that hat? what if someone who doesn't like the idea of you supporting a peadophile will attack you or beat you up? now, i'm not saying that he is, but some people might believe he is. that's exactly what she said to me...i was shocked, and didn't know what to say, so i just ignored her :lol:

Last edited:
The weirdest comment i've ever gotten was this lady who said to me (this was during the trial in 2005): aren't you scared to wear that hat? what if someone who doesn't like the idea of you supporting a peadophile will attack you or beat you up? now, i'm not saying that he is, but some people might believe he is. that's exactly what she said to me...i was shocked, and didn't know what to say, so i just ignored her :lol:

Wow. Hopefully what she said just came out the wrong way, it happens. I've wondered sometimes if I'll ever cop any abuse for wearing MJ shirts, but if someone is pathetic enough to do that I'd say they're the problem. I doubt that many people whop think MJ was a predator would wear anything with him on it anyway. Plus, if a person says they hate abuse and then hit someone they'd prove themselves to be a hypocrite.

Wow. Hopefully what she said just came out the wrong way, it happens. I've wondered sometimes if I'll ever cop any abuse for wearing MJ shirts, but if someone is pathetic enough to do that I'd say they're the problem. I doubt that many people whop think MJ was a predator would wear anything with him on it anyway. Plus, if a person says they hate abuse and then hit someone they'd prove themselves to be a hypocrite.
oh...it wasn't that people would think that I believed he was a predator and was supporting him for it. but that they would believe he was, and then get mad at me for being a fan of him or whatever, and then beat me up because of it

wenever become other man. So we don't control their thoughts. In China, many people don't know thing of Michael. I am used to accepting bad news of Michael. Maybe I have many grammer's false in my word.

wenever become other man. So we don't control their thoughts. In China, many people don't know thing of Michael. I am used to accepting bad news of Michael. Maybe I have many grammer's false in my word.

peoples ignorance about Michael is worldwide, not just in china

oh...it wasn't that people would think that I believed he was a predator and was supporting him for it. but that they would believe he was, and then get mad at me for being a fan of him or whatever, and then beat me up because of it

Yes, I got that :)

Some people can't handle or grasp that others have differing views from them, it's definitely not ok for anyone to dish out verbal or physical abuse on anyone for wearing a T shirt with someone on it that another person doesn't like. I hope that never happens to you.

Yes, I got that :)

Some people can't handle or grasp that others have differing views from them, it's definitely not ok for anyone to dish out verbal or physical abuse on anyone for wearing a T shirt with someone on it that another person doesn't like. I hope that never happens to you.
yeah, I really doubt anyone would actually do that. well, not when it's MJ anyway. no strangers has never even said anything negative to me about him. but I must admit, after what that lady said to me, I got a little paranoid

I have friends that are not exactly crazy about Michael but i think because of me they never eer say anything bad about him. But the older i get the less interested i am in talking to people who have nothing good to say, wheter its about michael or anyone else i cant be bothered wth them.

I have the same problem, not knowing how to react when people are bad-mouthing Michael in front of me, and especially on purpose. I get so angry and hurt when they do, but I just don't know how to react. Any tips?

I have the same problem, not knowing how to react when people are bad-mouthing Michael in front of me, and especially on purpose. I get so angry and hurt when they do, but I just don't know how to react. Any tips?

ignore it

How do you handle someone bad-mouthing Michael in front of you?
Try educate them on this subject.
But... if it don't work... then...
e010.gif
s055.gif

k060.gif

k030.gif

Just tell "You don't know him, the real Mike. You never met him, you never talked to him, you never had his hug. So before to judge someone because everyone is jumping on his back because they're jalous, because they want to get his money because this is the only thing that was matter=$

Mike was a very good person, ok yes he had faults like any other human being; ( Are you free of faults, are you perfect, I don't think so) but those stupid trials were just unnescessary and it did kill a bright part of him because some greedy people wanted a part of his fortune.

If you had the chance to meet him privately with nobody, no media or camera around talk with him would've see and learn yourself how great heart he was, period.

Just tell "You don't know him, the real Mike. You never met him, you never talked to him
I do this myself sometimes...it really depends how I'm being approached. if some idiot says, he was such a freak and a monster and weirdo etc etc, i totally ignore it. but if I talk with someone about him who is not a fan, and they start asking me about the tabloid stuff, for example, he had a lot of plastic surgery? I say, I don't know, I've never asked him. and they say, but that's what everyone says. and then I say, don't believe everything you read. and they usually can see that I have a point. to me, it's not important to try and convince people he didn't have all that plastic surgery, which is completely irrelevant, whether you're a fan or not. to me, it's much more important to get the message through to people to not believe everything you hear/read, and to not judge a person by what you read about them....in a nice and calm way...and if they are willing to listen to me and be open minded

I do this myself sometimes...it really depends how I'm being approached. if some idiot says, he was such a freak and a monster and weirdo etc etc, i totally ignore it. but if I talk with someone about him who is not a fan, and they start asking me about the tabloid stuff, for example, he had a lot of plastic surgery? I say, I don't know, I've never asked him. and they say, but that's what everyone says. and then I say, don't believe everything you read. and they usually can see that I have a point. to me, it's not important to try and convince people he didn't have all that plastic surgery, which is completely irrelevant, whether you're a fan or not. to me, it's much more important to get the message through to people to not believe everything you hear/read, and to not judge a person by what you read about them....in a nice and calm way...and if they are willing to listen to me and be open minded

I have no interest in people who have bad attitudes and won't listen. Some people just like to shit stir and they can **** off. When people talk about his surgeries I say we'll never know for a fact how many he had unless we get access to his medical records but I personally don't think it's important anyway, it was his face, why shouldn't he have been able to do what he wanted with it? I hate body shaming, people really piss me off with their superficial bullshit. I'm only interested in talking to people about it if they can be rational and civil, I haven't got time for anything else.

I use to really flip out verbally... But, I learned lowering myself to that level, the level that the person is on, really doesn't get me anywhere but in trouble.
for anyone who won't take the time to get to know the real Michael, read the facts, try to see past the lies... Its their own loss, I have no time for anyone who only wants to put Michael down, I've just learned to walk away so i don't have to listen to the abuse, I don't have too, i won't do it anymore!

:heart:

It used to happen to me quite a lot - sometimes I would tirelessly argue, sometimes I would be quiet. But do you know what was the most ironical? That when Michael passed away all those people badmouthing him suddenly started praising him.

A few weeks ago I was with some friends (not really close friends actually, just school friends), and the subject of MJ came up. I silently waited for their opinion, and man I was so dissapointed. They talked about him wanting to be white :doh: and someone even said that he made himself white with every surgery! Another one actually pointed out the fact that he had a disease. But then came the worst, the same guy who pointed out that said that MJ slept with kids and used the Scary Movie Films to back up his evidence :mat: and everyone was kind of on the same page with him. I know that it isn't good to base an opinion about someone because of what they think of Michael, but I would never have thought that people my age could believe every stupid thing they read!

EDIT: So anyway, forgot to complete the post. Me and my brother shared a couple of looks in that conversation, and we both kept very quiet. I didn't said anything, and I know that if I said it was going to become a very heated argument and I wouldn't have won anything by the end of it.

A few weeks ago I was with some friends (not really close friends actually, just school friends), and the subject of MJ came up. I silently waited for their opinion, and man I was so dissapointed. They talked about him wanting to be white :doh: and someone even said that he made himself white with every surgery! Another one actually pointed out the fact that he had a disease. But then came the worst, the same guy who pointed out that said that MJ slept with kids and used the Scary Movie Films to back up his evidence :mat: and everyone was kind of on the same page with him. I know that it isn't good to base an opinion about someone because of what they think of Michael, but I would never have thought that people my age could believe every stupid thing they read!

^^Excuse my ignorance because I'm not a kid.*This is the second time I've heard the Scary Movie reference with Michael in the last day. What is that and what does it say about Michael??

This stuff about him being white is all over YouTube. I can't watch anything without seeing it. Most likely where they get it. I've been in some pretty ugly arguments on there.

barbee0715;4137207 said:
^^Excuse my ignorance because I'm not a kid.*This is the second time I've heard the Scary Movie reference with Michael in the last day. What is that and what does it say about Michael??

This stuff about him being white is all over YouTube. I can't watch anything without seeing it. Most likely where they get it. I've been in some pretty ugly arguments on there.

In Scary Movie 4, there is a scene where Michael grabs approximately five children, including a protagonist´s son (?), by hand and attempts to take them somewhere. And then a creature comes, everyone but Michael runs away and Michael is then attacked by rays of lights where he changes his looks until only his nose remains.

FullLipsDotNose;4137214 said:
In Scary Movie 4, there is a scene where Michael grabs approximately five children, including a protagonist´s son (?), by hand and attempts to take them somewhere. And then a creature comes, everyone but Michael runs away and Michael is then attacked by rays of lights where he changes his looks until only his nose remains.

Oh yeah, I heard the part, but I never had interest seeing it because I hated those. Whoever's idea using Michael to poke fun in Scary Movie films is a dumb moron. Well I'm they didn't use him in the 5th film which I liked better and in fact the only one of the other 4 is what I like best.

Back