How do you handle someone bad-mouthing Michael in front of you?

I've often wondered about this when I was younger, I was always quite shy and would be quiet and reserved (in the mid-90s when he when through a phase of being the butt of a lot of jokes). Now as an adult and somebody who is paid to win arguements I tend to just say... that is an interesting perspective, do you have any proof of this or do you believe anything your read in the daily mail *insert random discredited media outlet*?...If so would you like to buy some snake oil? (My ammo already being prepared to counter any "story")

I hit them with facts. And if they deny or won't listen, I ignore them. Took a while for me to master this, since I used to go off like a crazy person if anyone spoke badly of Michael.
I still get that stabbing feeling in my gut, though.

I absolutely hate when someone bad mouths mj. How can they not see he was a beautiful soul. I just start a full scale argument. Me and my bestie are both mj fans and we threw alcohol all over two guys who bad mouthed mj. We got threw out of the bar lol unfair!

I joined this forum because a couple of collegues started bm MJ after some tv show here in France.
All these media people taking for granted a bunch of lies, it's a disgrace.

Waste no time with them Enjoy his Art

Waste no time with them Enjoy his Art

I tell the haters that I disagree with them. If they want to engage further, then I'll tell them more about why, but if not, then it's not even worth wasting my time talking to them about it.

Something interesting that happened recently: someone I know who initially believed the claims in LN is starting to figure out that it's not actually what it appears. When it first came out, I said to her "people are crapping on Michael again," and her response was "Michael did a crappy thing." *facepalm* A few days later, though, it came up again and we were talking about the holes and inconsistencies that are becoming more well-known. Some people do eventually figure it out, but the ones who refuse to are simply not worth arguing with.

Really depends on who it is and if the person is really worth talking to... some people are so ignorant that it does not matter what you say...they will be believe what they believe no-matter how good you argue.

I had a good conversation with coworkers yesterday related to this! I was telling one about how there had already been holes in the story, and the train station thing just completely destroys it. She was fascinated by this information and horrified that people would lie about something like that. Then another coworker (who likes to butt into conversations...) said "seriously, people are still accusing Michael Jackson? I thought that was over a long time ago!" As much as I don't usually appreciate him interrupting, that was pretty epic. (And I work in education, so I'd been concerned that my coworkers would all be biased toward Wade and James, but that hasn't been the case.)

Last night I also talked to a Hot Topic employee telling her how much I love that they still have MJ shirts. She'd never even heard of the "documentary" until then and said it was terrible that the guys are making such a mockery of people who actually have been abused.

To be honest most people only see the tip of the iceberg. I stay calm, I think that is important. I try to educate the people around me if it does come up in casual conversation with facts.

Back