Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray / Murray wants case dismissed / Joe wants to add AEG

I knew that this case wasn't going to go anywhere. I'm not surprised Joe dropped it. But that attorney saying that Murray feels sorry for the Jacksons when he's still trying from jail to throw Michael under the bus is just sickening, in my opinion.

Murray feels sorry for the Jacksons? Are the jacksons mentally ok? They need the intervention of money addict cause all in their mind is $$$$$$. Jusy Last week Murray sold a story to the tabloid called the Jacksons greedy and of course his usual mj bs.

Katherine and Joe should be ashamed of themselves for dropping the restitution and the lawsuit.. MJ's murderer will go free and the family will watch and look stupid as usual.. I can't stand them.. Katherine will lose her AEG lawsuit

MJ's murderer will go free and the family will watch and look stupid as usual.

Yeah, they're gonna look stupid, especially when The Murderer Murray is free and starts giving out interviews wherein he will tell his audience "what Michael told him about his family."

I mean, shoot, Michael is not here to refute any stories The Murderer tells. So he'll be free to say whatever his heart desires.

As for feeling "shame," at this point I don't believe they care one way or another. That's what happens when your main concern revolves around MONEY!

I don't think this dismissal has anything to do with being smart or realizing they can't win

Oxman was disbarred and his wife took over. Oxman's wife sent the dismissal request on August 10th because guess what her suspension started August 11th.

This is probably simply due to the fact that Joe doesn't have a lawyer at the moment.

I don't think this dismissal has anything to do with being smart or realizing they can't win

Oxman was disbarred and his wife took over. Oxman's wife sent the dismissal request on August 10th because guess what her suspension started August 11th.

This is probably simply due to the fact that Joe doesn't have a lawyer at the moment.

I think that's exactly right. I actually hope that this lawsuit goes forward, simply because it could mean that Murray is never allowed to make money from selling his stories (real or imagined) if a substancial amount was awarded. Sadly I have no respect whatsoever for Joe Jackson but this lawsuit could be a means to an end. x

^Well the time has expired so bye bye opportunities.

I know the time has expired to being able to prevent Murray from earning from telling tales BUT if Joe was successful in this private action and awarded a very large amount Murray would have to pay over whatever 'earnings' he made until his debt was settled. I think I'm right in saying this? x

I guess it was always the principle of the matter, rather than the monetary award - this lawsuit against murray. Which is exactly why it doesn't seem to matter to the jacksons. All that money that mj has generated since his death for his family - the allowances for the beneficiaries and all those tributes/books/interviews by the rest of them and no one can find some money for a lawyer to make a civil case against murray.

It'll be such an irony if the Jackson don't get a penny from AEG & and the one they decided not to go after, Murray, ends up making money going from interview to interview. It's sad but that could happen.

It'll be such an irony if the Jackson don't get a penny from AEG & and the one they decided not to go after, Murray, ends up making money going from interview to interview. It's sad but that could happen.

Yep! But the family doesn't care about that... Katherine saw big pockets with AEG and that's all that mattered to her

To me, It's the Jacksons own fault if they don't have any financial avenues left in the event that they lose the AEG case. Murray is going to be getting money like crazy when he gets out of jail and starts throwing Michael under the bus all over again with the media. The chances of the media wanting to go anywhere near him would have been next to none if they knew their payments to him for interviews were going to the Jacksons. It's too late for that now. Personally, I think the Jacksons should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally, I think the Jacksons should be ashamed of themselves.

I personally think both of them are disgrace as a parents.
Dropping restitution in order to get more money out of AEG is shameless and that is the prize they put on their child.

Sad thing is that it doesn't look likely they will win the case against AEG but it will still drag Michael's name through the mud. Where is the fairness?

^On top of it, Michael's money will be paying for it too :(

Back