Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray / Murray wants case dismissed / Joe wants to add AEG

Great a.p article. keeps to the facts. no inuendo.makes a change

LOL, but am I the only one kinda glad that Joe's lawsuit wasn't completely dismissed and Murray is still in it? This is the only slim chance left in zipping him up from slandering Michael. You know as a fan, you are desperate when you have to side with Joe and hope he wins for once.

LOL, but am I the only one kinda glad that Joe's lawsuit wasn't completely dismissed and Murray is still in it? This is the only slim chance left in zipping him up from slandering Michael. You know as a fan, you are desperate when you have to side with Joe and hope he wins for once.
:D
I agree with you. Joe is the only one :eek: that can stop Murray for making money for his crime.
Why Katherine didn't add Murray in her case?

So now Joe's case is going to be before Katherine's.
I was wondering the reason why all of sudden Michael's siblings so vigorously excuses Joe's beating while they were growing up.
I noticed it only started recently (inside year or two) so I though could the reason be that he has his trial coming and they need to (don't choke reading the following) raise his profile? If they keep going as the do, soon they say it was all Michael's imagination?

I noticed it only started recently (inside year or two) so I though could the reason be that he has his trial coming and they need to (don't choke reading the following) raise his profile? If they keep going as the do, soon they say it was all Michael's imagination?

LOL! They will be fighting an UPHILL battle, that's for sure.

I mean, no matter how they try and "pretty" Joe Jackson up, it ain't gonna work, because Joe's character (or lack thereof) speaks for itself.

I don't think anybody will ever forget when Mr. Jackson was on the BET Red Carpet talking about his "supposed" new record label, 2-3 days after Michael died. In my opinion, that was just the icing on the cake when you think of Joe Jackson and his past antics.

I don't think anybody will ever forget when Mr. Jackson was on the BET Red Carpet talking about his "supposed" new record label, 2-3 days after Michael died. In my opinion, that was just the icing on the cake when you think of Joe Jackson and his past antics.

You know, this story bothers me for quite some time. No, I don't like Joe at all. However, couple of years ago I read the translation of his interview from some German magazine where he addressed this red carpet issue. He essentially said that he was ask numerous questions, ONE of them about his current plans. That's where he answered regarding his record label. The rest you saw on TV.
Once again, I don't like Joe. But I like the media even less. By simply cutting conversation from several answers to one, the media CAN twist the conversation.

^ I thought everyone wd have seen the video of joe on the bet red carpet. I won't embed it as it's just a mess. No he wasn't asked about any plans, it was a v respectful interview by don lemon who you cd see was increasingly incrdulous at the sheer crassness of joe. And those few minutes will rightly haunt joe and his reputation for the rest of his life and maybe gave people some insight into what type of father joe must have been to mj.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27665VPRmQ

^ I thought everyone wd have seen the video of joe on the bet red carpet. I won't embed it as it's just a mess. No he wasn't asked about any plans, it was a v respectful interview by don lemon who you cd see was increasingly incrdulous at the sheer crassness of joe. And those few minutes will rightly haunt joe and his reputation for the rest of his life and maybe gave people some insight into what type of father joe must have been to mj.

Thank you for pointing that out Bonnie Blue.

I wasn't so sure, since this happened a while back, but off the top of my head, I didn't recall Don Lemon asking Joe about any "future" plans. Joe Jackson just jumped in there with that added bit of information, including pulling his "'partner" into the conversation, in order to explain their new record label. It was a definite "What The Heck Is He Talking About" moment, in my opinion.

I hated that BET red carpet. I can't remember if he said he was doing great or good it doesn't matter. Michael just died. I was really shocked by that. That was so cold. I can remember how much I cried those first few days and no way would I have said I am doing great. I didn't know or met Michael. When Michael was in the hospital during the trial all Joe could talk about was reunion shows. Something is not right with a person when you think of those kinds things during painful times. Where's the heart?

^^I share your feelings. It was a very sad for millions of people when Michael died but someone felt great. You know aside for his promotion to his new bus. what annoyed me was when he said, we lost the biggest star in the world. Was that what Michael meant to him? What about the son who wanted to be loved by him? Maybe I'm being harsh but really. that was very low.

Hope he loses his case.
Actually, I want him to win this particular case, because Muarry did allow his son to die a horrible death. If he wins Muarry will know that every penny he tries to get from a story will end up in Joe's hands and will think twice about making up stories about Michael to sell to MSNBC and the other tabloids.

^ Well, this particular case was not necessary at all. If Joseph wanted Murray to pay all he needed to do was showing up in Judge Pastor courtroom and let him decide how much Murray has to pay. But the problem is the money wouldn't go to Joseph's pocket. And that what the lawsuit is all about, money not justice.

Petra, I get your point. It's like who's the lesser evil. But remember, whoever wins will end up with money at the expense of Michael's life. Nothing to rejoice.

Last edited:
Petra, I get your point. It's like who's the lesser evil. But remember, whoever wins will end up with money at the expense of Michael's life. Nothing to rejoice.

No this is not a rejoicing matter. Money will not end up with anyone, because Muarry has no money, and if he earns any by seedy means, Joe will get it. Muarry does not want Joe to have his money so he will keep quiet. I want Joe to win, because Michael will have justice again, and Joe will not be getting any payday.

^^ Let's hope no one ends up with money. But if Murray gets some money, at least there's the chance he gets sued by all his girlfriends, he owes their children child alimony. And i think he has some debts, so maybe he won't enjoy the money. But Joe, he will enjoy it. But anyway, let's see what happens. It just bother me that they can make money out of Michael. It's not fair.

Joe's lawyer filed a request for the case to be dismissed without prejudice

30x7eis.jpg

is it because Oxman is gone? Well it proves to me that the Jackson family sucks.. None of them want to punish the killer.. Katherine didn't seek restitution and Joe dismissed the wrongful death lawsuit altogether even though he had no chance of winning it anyway. With Murray being convicted, Joe might have pulled this one out. I am hating this family more and more. None of them gave a damn about Michael

Damn Murray will be a free man in every sense of the word when he gets out soon...the bastard! No restitution, no wrongful death suit...nothin. All the Jacksons care about is the AEG lawsuit (MONEY)As if Murray wasn't the one given MJ the Propofol, when the idiot admitted to it. But, if he had money it woud be a different story wouldn't?! SMFH

Damn Murray will be a free man in every sense of the word when he gets out soon...the bastard! No restitution, no wrongful death suit...nothin. All the Jacksons care about is the AEG lawsuit (MONEY)As if Murray wasn't the one given MJ the Propofol, when the idiot admitted to it. But, if he had money it woud be a different story wouldn't?! SMFH
You know if Murray had money, the Jacksons would go full out on him and claimed Michael told them "he hated Murray, Murray controlled him, Murray always tried to kill him, Murray is evil..." blah blah the Jacksons are so predictable, just follow the money. I despise them. Having the family like this who needs enemy.

I wrote this today as an answer to some questions

Q: why would Joe ask for a dismissal? A: Probably they aren't ready or don't have a case. "w/o prejudice" technically allows them to refile but the statue of limitations has passed.

Reference : "It is a well recognized principle that a statute of limitations is not tolled by the filing of a complaint subsequently dismissed without prejudice. As regards the statutes of limitations, the original complaint is treated as if it never existed."

I don't care about Joe, but I was behind this lawsuit as it is the only way that could have made Murray to pay for rest of his life.
October 2013 is going to be black day in more than one way. I'm sure there is going to be interviews, book deals, and we will be seeing endless photos of him sipping cocktails by the pool with his family while Michael's kids will never have a chance to do that with their dad.

Thanks you very much Katherine and who else was behind of dropping the restitution.
I hope Katherine enjoys seeing all the photos of her son's killer enjoying his life, while her own son is in Forest Lawn.
I'd love to know what does she sees when she look at the PPB faces, fatherless kids or dollar signs?

[h=1]Michael Jackson's dad drops wrongful death lawsuit[/h]<cite class="byline vcard">By By ANTHONY McCARTNEY | Associated Press &#8211; <abbr class="updated" title="2012-08-15T23:05:38Z">1 hour 52 minutes ago</abbr></cite>

• Email
  • <fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" no_resize="true" href="http://music.yahoo.com/news/michael-jacksons-dad-drops-wrongful-death-lawsuit-220354003.html" font="arial" layout="button_count" show_faces="false" width="89" action="recommend" colorscheme="light"><iframe style="border: currentColor; width: 130px; height: 21px;" id="fcda022341042b" class="fb_ltr" title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=recommend&api_key=194699337231859&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D9%23cb%3Df3688cea240e474%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fmusic.yahoo.com%252Ff3ceed68840d4ec%26domain%3Dmusic.yahoo.com%26relation%3Dparent.parent&colorscheme=light&extended_social_context=false&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fmichael-jacksons-dad-drops-wrongful-death-lawsuit-220354003.html&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&no_resize=true&node_type=1&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=130" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="" name="f2fcac28c71de58" scrolling="no"></iframe></fb:like>
  • <iframe style="width: 110px; height: 20px;" id="yui_3_5_1_1_1345078674755_654" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1345078678301&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fmichael-jacksons-dad-drops-wrongful-death-lawsuit-220354003.html&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fmichael-jacksons-dad-drops-wrongful-death-lawsuit-220354003.html&text=Michael%20Jackson's%20dad%20drops%20wrongful%20death%20lawsuit%20-%20Yahoo!%20Music&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmusic.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fmichael-jacksons-dad-drops-wrongful-death-lawsuit-220354003.html" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  • Print

<!-- START article -->[h=3]RELATED CONTENT[/h]

• View PhotoFILE - In this Sept. 3, 2009 file photo, Michael Jackson's father Joe Jackson leaves &#8230;

<!-- yog-5u -->
LOS ANGELES (AP) &#8212; Michael Jackson's father has dropped a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the former doctor who was convicted of causing the singer's death.
Court records show Joe Jackson's request for a dismissal was granted Monday. The filings do not elaborate on a reason for dropping pursuit of the case, but two attorneys handling the case were recently ruled ineligible to practice law in California.
The Jackson family patriarch initially filed the lawsuit against Conrad Murray in June 2010, on the anniversary of his son's death. A federal judge refused to hear it and it had to be re-filed in state court in Los Angeles.
"It's good finally that this case is dismissed and gone," Murray's attorney Charles Peckham said Wednesday. "It's pretty clear that Joe Jackson intelligently and smartly dismissed this case so he, his wife and children can focus on Michael Jackson's life instead of the circumstances of his death."
He said Murray, who remains jailed and is appealing his involuntary manslaughter conviction, remains pained by Jackson's death and feels sorry for his family. "His heart goes out to them," Peckham said.
Jackson's mother, Katherine, continues to pursue a case against concert company AEG Live alleging it negligently hired and supervised Murray, who was giving Jackson nightly doses of the powerful anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid. Murray's treatments were conducted while Jackson was preparing for a series of comeback concerts.
Her case is scheduled for trial in April.
Joe Jackson's case claimed Murray repeatedly lied to paramedics and doctors about giving Jackson propofol and that he did not keep adequate medical records &#8212; all issues that prosecutors raised against Murray during his trial last year.
He had been seeking damages for a variety of issues, including loss of income and support, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
___
Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP .

The attorney for the man Joe was suing is happy that Joe dropped the case, and has the nerve to suggest that it is best for Joe to focus on Michael's life!!! Now we know that because Muarry has no money, there is no incentive to push for justice. This suggest that Joe was not after Muarry to punish him for emotional distress, pain, and suffering as he claimed. What a da da!!!! I know Oxman was disbarred and his wife has her own legal problems, but you mean to tell me that there are only 2 lawyers that Joe could use in the whole of California.

"It's good finally that this case is dismissed and gone," Murray's attorney Charles Peckham said Wednesday. "It's pretty clear that Joe Jackson intelligently and smartly dismissed this case so he, his wife and children can focus on Michael Jackson's life instead of the circumstances of his death."
He said Murray, who remains jailed and is appealing his involuntary manslaughter conviction, remains pained by Jackson's death and feels sorry for his family. "His heart goes out to them," Peckham said.

Words Joe Jackson,smart and intelligent doesn't belong to same sentence.
Peckham hit the nail in the head when he said Joe can focus on MJ's life, more endorsement with even more shady people coming up.

Isn't that cute that Murray feels sorry for his family and his heart goes out to them (sarcasm).

Back