Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray / Murray wants case dismissed / Joe wants to add AEG

I guess its not strange to use the p.c to promote your knew biz venture and when the probation service contact you for an impact statement you dont bother replying to them at all.

As much as I don't like Joe, there is nothing strange about this. When you lose someone in your family you need to laugh, even a joke that you would normally have no reaction to could have you in a fit of laughter, as this picture shows.

I've seen my fair share of funerals/deaths, and I can tell you when a person dies young and unexpectedly, the loved ones would not be having laughing fits. When a death is sudden, the shock and sorrow is far greater. So what's tickling Joe?

I don't get the Jackson support here. Sorry, I just don't. Next I'll be hearing that it was completely normal of Joe to plug his record label a couple of days after his son's death.

That photograph of a laughing Joseph makes me sick to my stomach.

That pic is so disgusting and sick. his son just died two days ago but he was laughing his ass off and promoted his record label. what's wrong with him? :mat:

I feel that he is laughing because the emotional connection he is supposed to have to his son is missing. Sure he likes him as a person but I think that deep love and bond that a some dads have for a son is not there. His actions seem as though he heard that a distant relative that he did not know at all died, rather than a much beloved son.

joe had no connection whatsoever with michael, joseph liked what michael could do for him, not michael the human being. Its sad that r trying to defend this f*ckery

Last edited:
I think Michael was mainly what made Joe known. He is "the father of", and very much uses it in every way he can, it's his own personal medal. I dont know what Joe thought of Michael as a person. I think as Michael said he didnt understand his father, Joe didnt know much about Michael either. And I dont think he cared too much either.

Ben you have something there. Joe is known as the father of Michael Jackson, and back in the day the father of the Jackson 5. Even now when Joe talks about Michael, he stresses his role in Michael's success. It is never about how great and loving a person my son is. Joe then quickly turns the conversations to promote some product or venture, so there is some disconnect somewhere. Maybe Joe does not know how to show his love to his sons, and did the best he could with the knowledge, ability, experience that he had. Who knows.

Oxman recommended to be inactive by 2/2/2012

md09s6.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
The fate of Joseph Jackson's civil case remains unclear. A California bar court in Los Angeles recommended Friday that the Jackson family patriarch's attorney, Brian Oxman, be barred from practicing law because of conduct on other, unrelated cases. Oxman filed Joseph Jackson's lawsuit in federal court on the one-year anniversary of the singer's death, but a judge later ruled it should be heard in state court. Oxman is the only attorney who has been listed on the case so far and has been a vocal antagonist against Murray and AEG Live.
Reached by phone, Oxman declined to comment on the recommendation, which still must be approved by the California Supreme Court.
The disciplinary court found that Oxman and his wife, who is also his law partner, mixed clients' and personal funds in an effort to evade creditors and sanctions imposed against Oxman. He had been disciplined previously, which the court cited among its reasons for seeking the revocation of his law license.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/18/jackson-doc-wont-be-asked-to-pay-restitution/#ixzz1jrSFc7zs

I have no respect for Joe Jackson. I hope he loses this lawsuit

I have no respect for Joe Jackson. I hope he loses this lawsuit

I have no respect for Joe and I think I disrespect Saint Katherine (Mother Dearest) even more. What a cold calculating witch she is along with the two daughters she trained so well (Maureen, (Rebbie and La-Twofaced)! Did you know R.E.B.B.I.E actually stands for Really Evil Backstabbing/ Badmouthing, Ignorant Example of what should not be defined as family?

I have no respect for Joe and I think I disrespect Saint Katherine (Mother Dearest) even more. What a cold calculating witch she is along with the two daughters she trained so well (Maureen, (Rebbie and La-Twofaced)! Did you know R.E.B.B.I.E actually stands for Really Evil Backstabbing/ Badmouthing, Ignorant Example of what should not be defined as family?

You can also add Janet to the mix Victory. Janet gives a cold and uncaring vibe as well.. When a sister claims that her brother needed help and was in trouble, yet you go on with your life as if everything is a okay then you are cold and evil.

Sorry to be a pain but just to get back to basics, is this lawsuit based on loss of earnings or emotional distress?

Either way can't really see how Joe can make a case given all the re-launched and new careers plus all the new deals on the back of Michael's death. And then we have the emotional loss, the grieving father, not really seen much of that, in fact nobody in the family could actually provide a heartfelt impact statement.

In expected news : Oxman's wife takes over attorney duties for Oxman in Joe Jackson - Murray / AEG / Applied Pharmacy lawsuit

JAROSCAK MAUREEN - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

OXMAN R. BRIAN ESQ. - Former Attorney for Pltf/Petn

In expected news : Oxman's wife takes over attorney duties for Oxman in Joe Jackson - Murray / AEG / Applied Pharmacy lawsuit

JAROSCAK MAUREEN - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

OXMAN R. BRIAN ESQ. - Former Attorney for Pltf/Petn

Keepin it in the family - jeezus murphy.

Note: Although that the TMZ headline says Joe Jackson's lawsuit is tossed out, it's only AEG that's removed from the case and the rest of the lawsuit against Murray and Applied Pharmacy will continue. Check the second story as well.

JOE JACKSON
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Tossed Out of Court

Joe Jackson screwed up by filing a Michael Jackson wrongful death lawsuit against AEG and Dr. Conrad Murray ... a judge has just ruled.

Joe filed his wrongful death lawsuit AFTER Katherine Jackson filed hers -- on her own behalf and on behalf of the kids.

It's unclear why Joe didn't try to join in Katherine's suit rather than filing a separate one on his own. It's possible Katherine didn't want him.

Whatever the reason, the judge said you can't have 2 suits that allege the exact same thing, and since Katherine filed first Joe loses.

Joe could now try to horn in on Katherine's legal action -- if she'll let him.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/21/joe-j...l-jackson-katherine-jackson-aeg/#.T0Px8vHOWSo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AEG dropped from negligence lawsuit filed by Michael Jackson's father

By Bill Hetherman City News Service

LOS ANGELES - The promoters of what was to be Michael Jackson's 2009 comeback tour won a round in court today when a judge granted a motion to dismiss the company from a lawsuit filed by the singer's father.

"This was a major victory," AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam said of Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos' ruling.

The decision leaves Jackson's former physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, and Applied Pharmacy Services in Las Vegas as the remaining defendants.

Joe Jackson's attorney, Maureen Jaroscak, downplayed the significance of the ruling, saying it was only a temporary setback. She said her client is a "nominal party" in a separate case filed against AEG Live by his wife, Katherine Jackson, but that he was never served with it. Jaroscak said Joe Jackson could now file an answer to his wife's complaint and become a party to the case.

Joe Jackson alleged AEG Live was negligent in hiring Murray. He also alleges Applied Pharmacy Services sold Murray propofol the month before the singer's June 25, 2009, death at age 50.

Lawyers for AEG have denied any wrongdoing by their client, which organized the sold-out London concert tour for which the entertainer was preparing in Los Angeles when he died.

Murray was convicted Nov. 7 of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death and sentenced to four years in prison.

Attorneys for AEG Live questioned in court papers whether 83-year-old Joe Jackson

is a lawful heir to the King of Pop under the state's wrongful death statute, noting that Joe Jackson said in interviews that his son never supported him financially.
The singer was frank about his relationship with his father, the AEG Live court papers stated.

"At the time Michael Jackson died, (his father) was estranged from his son, who repeatedly and publicly accused him of physical and other abuse," according to the AEG Live court papers.

But the lawyers said that, even if Joe Jackson could show he was an heir, he should have included his claims within the negligence case against AEG Live brought in September 2010 by Katherine Jackson two months before he filed his own case.

"The law is well-established that all plaintiffs must join together in a single wrongful death action against any given defendant," the AEG Live court papers stated. "AEG Live will not speculate as to why (Joe Jackson) was not joined in, and did not seek to join, Mrs. Jackson's lawsuit."

Joe Jackson could still try and become a party to his wife's case, the AEG Live court papers stated. If he can prove that Katherine Jackson's lawyers improperly left him out of her case, he can ask for damages against her, according to the AEG Live court papers.

In her nine-page ruling, Palazuelos agreed with Putnam that there should be only one wrongful death action and not two.

"Allowing Joseph Jackson to continue with his subsequent suit against AEG Live, alleging the same wrongful death claims as the related case, would contravene the purpose of the one-action rule," Palazuelos wrote. "Indeed, plaintiff's interpretation of the one-action rule would allow the heirs of a decedent to file as many suits as there are heirs."

The judge reiterated her position during the hearing.

"I don't think there's any way around this," she said. "You can't maintain a concurrent action."

Palazuelos scheduled trial of Joseph Jackson's suit for Jan. 28 next year. Palazuelos also is managing Katherine Jackson's case, which is set for trial Sept. 10.

Katherine Jackson alleges in her suit that AEG Live is responsible for medical decisions made by Murray.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_20011277

Back to selling perfumes Joe... :S

Ivy, one question. Was the claim dropped because Joe could not prove he was a heir to MJ or was it because of other reasons (like Katherine is also suing them and it is not necessary with two lawsuits?)

Last edited:
Thanks ivy. so joes left with the dregs. ie no big money from aeg

Back to selling perfumes Joe... :/

That's what I was thinking too. Joe Jackson is going to have to pick up a few more shifts at his perfume kisok in the Las Vegas Mall.

On a side note: I remember like it was yesterday, when Leonard Rowe was promoting his book, with Joe Jackson sitting right beside him and Joe says that "Michael did not support him" (or words to that effect). The look on Rowe's face was PRICELESS when Joe utter those words and I figured that Joe's words would come back to haunt him, sooner or later.

Back to selling perfumes Joe... :S

Ivy, one question. Was the claim dropped because Joe could not prove he was a heir to MJ or was it because of other reasons (like Katherine is also suing them and it is not necessary with two lawsuits?)

it's because there was already a wrongful death suit (by Katherine) against AEG. And the law does not allow the same wrongful suit to be filed more than once by the same family even if the plaintiffs are not the same (eg. Joe and Katherine).

I think I wrote that before AEG asked the case against them to be dismissed due to one action rule. The one action rule says that there can be 1 wrongful death lawsuit against one party and all the heirs has to join to that one. In other words there could be one lawsuit against AEG in regards to Michael's death. AEG said that Katherine is already suing them and filed the lawsuit first so according to one action rule Joe cannot sue them in a separate lawsuit. They asked judge to dismiss them - which the judge granted and argued that if Joe wants to he can join Katherine's lawsuit.

Judge dismisses AEG Live from Joe Jackson lawsuit
(AP) – 4 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge granted a motion Tuesday to dismiss concert promoter AEG Live from a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Michael Jackson's father.
City News Service said Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos agreed with AEG attorneys who said Joe Jackson should have joined a separate suit filed by his wife, Katherine. The judge said the law does not favor multiple suits by individual heirs.
She said that to allow Joe Jackson's suit against AEG Live to go forward would "allow the heirs of a decedent to file as many suits as there are heirs."
"Allowing Joseph Jackson to continue with his subsequent suit against AEG Live, alleging the same wrongful death claims as the related case, would contravene the purpose of the one-action rule," she said.
AEG also argued that Joe Jackson is not a legitimate heir to his son's fortune. The father was not mentioned in the King of Pop's will.
"At the time Michael Jackson died, (his father) was estranged from his son, who repeatedly and publicly accused him of physical and other abuse," the AEG Live court papers said.
The decision leaves Dr. Conrad Murray and Applied Pharmacy Services of Las Vegas as the only defendants in Joe Jackson's suit. Murray is in jail after having been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death. He says he is broke.
Katherine Jackson alleges in her suit that AEG Live is responsible for medical decisions made by Murray.
AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam called the ruling a major victory for the entertainment giant. Joe Jackson's lawyer Maureen Jaroscak called it a temporary setback and suggested that the 83-year-old Jackson might now try to become a party to his wife's lawsuit.
Michael Jackson died in June 2009 from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which Murray was administering to him as a sleep medication.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...x4mXEQ?docId=27771957639c4bb3acbe38e3458574e8

A lawyer worth his salt will never allow Joe to attach himself to KJ lawsuit. Joe is not a heir of MJ. It's that simple.

Back